Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikeboss

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2009
switzerland

Dark-Signature

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2022
specifications for the 5K display are on ASUS' website:

also, B&H Photo Video have it listed as "coming soon":

USD 799.00
The price sounds good at first. But I assume that there are taxes on top of that, right?

I'm looking forward to the first reviews to see if the LuxPixel AntiGlare solution is any good.

VegetarianNachos

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2022
Parts Unknown
specifications for the 5K display are on ASUS' website:

also, B&H Photo Video have it listed as "coming soon":

USD 799.00
I am excited about this display. I am most interested in these features:
  • Extensive connectivity including DisplayPort over USB-C with 96W Power Delivery, DisplayPort, HDMI and USB hub
  • Built-in Auto KVM allows for effortless switching between two connected laptops or PCs with a single keyboard and mouse
  • Ergonomic design with tilt, swivel, pivot and height adjustments for a comfortable viewing experience
If the actual display is even close to being as nice as the Studio Display, this will be a great option for half the price. Can't wait for the reviews.

Arthur75

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2015
paris, france
Great !
But to tell the truth would be more interested in the 6K (for the increased size), having currently a 27" 4K, would like to go to 30 in 5 or 6K

But if that USD 799 price is correct why not ! (doubt it is though ..)

Reactions: Dark-Signature

transmaster

Contributor
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I have been sucked into the Apple interoperability thing. The way my Mac Studio, Ipad, iPhone, and Apple Watch work together is a real treat. How does this carry over into the Studio display?

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I have been sucked into the Apple interoperability thing. The way my Mac Studio, Ipad, iPhone, and Apple Watch work together is a real treat. How does this carry over into the Studio display?
It does, but not to the same degree as other things. Enables "hey, siri" on the Mac. Runs at Apple's preferred PPI and is color calibrated similarly to Apple's other displays, so images and text remain consistent across your Apple stuff. Built-in speakers and camera 'just work' (and I believe the Studio Display's camera gets a bad rap, though I've turned off Center Stage for video meetings like on Zoom & WebEx as I personally don't like the effect when in those meetings). The Studio Display also supports automatic rotation on macOS, so if you've got the VESA mount on a rotatable arm, the screen image and camera image will automatically rotate -- I've got two on VESA arms and it's a really handy feature. I also have one on Apple's height/tilt adjustable stand, and while expensive, it's an over-engineered true beauty.

I do kind of wish they supported more than one computer input, however, as I'd like to be able to plug my iPad Pro in at times without having to disconnect one from my MacBook Pro, but it's not really a deal breaker for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.