Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
Most seem to go for the 11........but I do wonder now with the new keyboard, the gap becomes less of a issue.

I’m not sure I’d say “most” but I’d agree that more people go with the 11”. It’s just the more portable size. Up until this year, I always bought the smaller Pro (9.7”, then 10.5”, then 11”), but the Magic Keyboard and the addition of trackpad support changed the calculus for me. I was already using my smaller Pros as laptop/tablet combos, but the more jobs I gave them that used to be for the Mac, the more constrained the screen felt. It was time to move up. Since we haven’t been spending nearly as much money during COVID on going out and doing fun stuff, I took advantage of our fuller-than-usual bank account and splurged on the bigger model.

I have thought a lot about why Apple uses the 12.9” model in a majority of their iPad Pro marketing materials and informational pages. Sure, they obviously want to steer you toward the pricier model if they can, but I think there’s more to it than that. The iPad Pro started out as one flagship size: the 12.9”. The 9.7” model was clearly already done being developed by that time, but they wanted the spotlight on the 12.9” model first, and they continue to target that size as the standard Pro model. I think it’s all about split screen and the ability to have full size apps side by side, as well as the bigger canvas for artists.

That’s not to say the 11” isn’t great. I loved mine to death.

Reactions: ejin222

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Most seem to go for the 11........but I do wonder now with the new keyboard, the gap becomes less of a issue.

I think it boils down to whether you still want it to be a really portable, versatile tablet. If you want to pull it off the keyboard and use it as a tablet often, the 11” is likely the way to go for most people. I know some say they read in bed with the 12.9, but holding it in the store, I just couldn’t imagine that being ideal. The 11 is still lightweight, and not much bigger than your average open book when you’re holding it. The 12.9 is like a world atlas. ;-p

If you’re only ever gonna be using it on a desk with the keyboard, the 12.9 is definitely the winner. I mean great size, gorgeous screen, full size keyboard - definitely awesome for that.
[automerge]1593351684[/automerge]
I’m not sure I’d say “most” but I’d agree that more people go with the 11”. It’s just the more portable size. Up until this year, I always bought the smaller Pro (9.7”, then 10.5”, then 11”), but the Magic Keyboard and the addition of trackpad support changed the calculus for me. I was already using my smaller Pros as laptop/tablet combos, but the more jobs I gave them that used to be for the Mac, the more constrained the screen felt. It was time to move up. Since we haven’t been spending nearly as much money during COVID on going out and doing fun stuff, I took advantage of our fuller-than-usual bank account and splurged on the bigger model.

I have thought a lot about why Apple uses the 12.9” model in a majority of their iPad Pro marketing materials and informational pages. Sure, they obviously want to steer you toward the pricier model if they can, but I think there’s more to it than that. The iPad Pro started out as one flagship size: the 12.9”. The 9.7” model was clearly already done being developed by that time, but they wanted the spotlight on the 12.9” model first, and they continue to target that size as the standard Pro model. I think it’s all about split screen and the ability to have full size apps side by side, as well as the bigger canvas for artists.

That’s not to say the 11” isn’t great. I loved mine to death.

Certainly the 12.9 takes best advantage of split screen, and having more screen real estate simplifies a lot of other tasks as well. I do think the 11” is best as a portable tablet. They definitely each have their “pros.” ;-p

I have thought that maybe I should’ve gone for the 12.9, but seeing it in person solidified that, for me, right now, the 11 was the best choice since it’s my only iPad. Of course, it’s also my only computing device, which would make the 12.9 seem like the better option. For me the 12.9 is just too darn much iPad to use in situations away from the desk.

I have considered getting the next gen 12.9 since I’m using the iPad as my main computing device now, but likely will only do that if I either hang onto my 11” or go back to having a mini as well. My problem has been not really feeling like I’ll get enough use out of 2 pads, but needs change and in a year or so, who knows...

Last edited:

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
If you’re only ever gonna be using it on a desk with the keyboard, the 12.9 is definitely the winner. I mean great size, gorgeous screen, full size keyboard - definitely awesome for that.

On a desk only? I strongly disagree. I never use mine on a desk. It's very comfortable in the MK on my laptop in a chair or in bed. I don't even think about the weight of it, and can lift it with one hand.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
On a desk only? I strongly disagree. I never use mine on a desk. It's very comfortable in the MK on my laptop in a chair or in bed.

I’ve only ever seen the 12.9 used on a desk (at university) - I can’t imagine that thing being used on a lap. Never thought it would be to be honest. Do you use a lap desk at all?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I’ve only ever seen the 12.9 used on a desk (at university) - I can’t imagine that thing being used on a lap. Never thought it would be to be honest. Do you use a lap desk at all?
No it's just the 12.9 in the MK, and it's very comfortable. And I use this setup 8-10 hours a day. Most definitely works (for me) as a laptop replacement, emphasis on laptop.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

ascender

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2005

I use mine on my lap too. Its pretty good and very stable. Its a bit disconcerting at first because the base is so thin - it was almost like I was afraid i was going to bend it. But it works well, just be aware of the top-heavy nature of it compared to a traditional laptop.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
On a desk only? I strongly disagree. I never use mine on a desk. It's very comfortable in the MK on my laptop in a chair or in bed. I don't even think about the weight of it, and can lift it with one hand.

I guess I should’ve said on the keyboard. Certainly a lot of people are able to use it on the keyboard in places other than an actual desk. I think it’s not as likely to be used off keyboard as an actual tablet for as many people as an 11”, though obviously there are exceptions to everything.

And I definitely use my 11” pro on the keyboard in my lap sometimes, and you’re right - it’s really sturdy and easy to use in the lap with the MK. I might personally not be able to use the 12.9 the same way due to size.

DoubleFlyaway

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2017
I guess I should’ve said on the keyboard. Certainly a lot of people are able to use it on the keyboard in places other than an actual desk. I think it’s not as likely to be used off keyboard as an actual tablet for as many people as an 11”, though obviously there are exceptions to everything.

And I definitely use my 11” pro on the keyboard in my lap sometimes, and you’re right - it’s really sturdy and easy to use in the lap with the MK. I might personally not be able to use the 12.9 the same way due to size.

Honesty, I have both sizes, and I go for the 12.9 most of the time, even for tablet use. I don’t even use my keyboard that often. I just appreciate the screen real estate so much. The 12.9 doesn’t feel cumbersome to me.

The 11 is my cute little compact throw in my purse iPad. Before I had my Mac mini (I was iPad-only for a couple years), I used the 11 for looking at documents while drawing on the 12.9 s a whiteboard for work. I’m keeping the 11 because I already have it And it has its uses. It fits nicely in a slot in my monitor stand, and I use Sidecar on it all the time.

But if I only had one iPad, there is no question that I prefer the 12.9.
[automerge]1593353886[/automerge]
I’ve said this before, but maybe my perspective on the 12.9 is because I used to have a second gen 12.9 along with my 11. At that time, the 11 was definitely my favorite. But the reduced footprint is SO MUCH better on the current 12.9s that it truly feels like the best of both worlds to me.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
I think it boils down to whether you still want it to be a really portable, versatile tablet. If you want to pull it off the keyboard and use it as a tablet often, the 11” is likely the way to go for most people. I know some say they read in bed with the 12.9, but holding it in the store, I just couldn’t imagine that being ideal. The 11 is still lightweight, and not much bigger than your average open book when you’re holding it. The 12.9 is like a world atlas. ;-p

[automerge]1593351684[/automerge]

Certainly the 12.9 takes best advantage of split screen, and having more screen real estate simplifies a lot of other tasks as well. I do think the 11” is best as a portable tablet. They definitely each have their “pros.” ;-p

I have thought that maybe I should’ve gone for the 12.9, but seeing it in person solidified that, for me, right now, the 11 was the best choice since it’s my only iPad. Of course, it’s also my only computing device, which would make the 12.9 seem like the better option. For me the 12.9 is just too darn much iPad to use in situations away from the desk.

I have considered getting the next gen 12.9 since I’m using the iPad as my main computing device now, but likely will only do that if I either hang onto my 11” or go back to having a mini as well. My problem has been not really feeling like I’ll get enough use out of 2 pads, but needs change and in a year or so, who knows...
Same. I’d love to have a mini 5 just to keep on my nightstand, but I don’t want to own 2 iPads.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Honesty, I have both sizes, and I go for the 12.9 most of the time, even for tablet use. I don’t even use my keyboard that often. I just appreciate the screen real estate so much. The 12.9 doesn’t feel cumbersome to me.

The 11 is my cute little compact throw in my purse iPad. Before I had my Mac mini (I was iPad-only for a couple years), I used the 11 for looking at documents while drawing on the 12.9 s a whiteboard for work. I’m keeping the 11 because I already have it And it has its uses. It fits nicely in a slot in my monitor stand, and I use Sidecar on it all the time.

I’ve said this before, but maybe my perspective on the 12.9 is because I used to have a second gen 12.9 along with my 11. At that time, the 11 was definitely my favorite. But the reduced footprint is SO MUCH better on the current 12.9s that it truly feels like the best of both worlds to me.

I had the first two generations of the 12.9. The new ones are definitely better, but to me still seem really big. Of course, I don’t have one in my house to use, so I can’t say how I’d feel after using one for a while - just know it seemed gigantic holding it in the store.

*88Keys

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2017
Portland, OR
Hey, I'm new here. I am contemplating and near convinced to try Ipod Pro as a full time system instead of Ipod air and also buying a new laptop. My chromebook won't hack it while I'm in NP school, starting this fall. My biggest questions are thus:
1. I'm thinking of going with a cellular model so I can take my Ipad out in the field and study. How much do most folks spend on their data plans?
2. Keyboard... I want something fully protective and I want something versatile. The magic keyboard would be perfect accept for the cost and that it doesn't fold back on itself. I don't know why I would want it to do that, but for some reason I do.
3. Super psyched about this impending transition and ready to reset my mind frame about how I approach and use technology. Any advice or support from others who have switched to Ipad full time much appreciated, especially regarding other accessories. For starters I am planning on getting a keyboard of sorts, pencil, airpods. What else do I need?

Cheers yall! Thanks for playing
Hi, I’m a full time iPad Pro user since the very first 12.9 inch was released. It takes getting used to as some work flows will likely change. I currently have the wi-fi only 2018 12.9in. I build websites (even PHP if you can believe that!) use Git, edit film, make music, maintain YouTube channel (not that I post that much, but wanted to let you know it works just great). I love the drawing apps and make art. In summary, I would say that I’m not a typical user (I go beyond mail, internet, social media, and video watching)...on iPad you develop and code websites (javascript, PHP, HTML, CSS), create graphics/images, edit photos and video and sound with amazing 3rd party apps (even the included ones are pretty good!)
And being able to touch everything and move everything by hand has been a welcome change for me.
I recommend you try it (you get 14 days!) and see. However, I would caution that if you’re going to do a test...I recommend avoiding using your mac during the test....otherwise the conflicting mind/body habits of the user interface might be confusing and not allow you to settle in and discover how you really feel about it.

My specific comments to your numbered questions:
1) I think if you have a decent cellular plan (perhaps unlimited) you can survive with Wi-Fi only version and tether to your phone (hotspot) when you require in-the-field freedom. That’s what I do. I have a very inexpensive unlimited plan with t-Mobile so it’s perfect.

2) I can’t speak to the new keyboard as I don’t have it. I have the 2018 version and it does fold over on itself! Be aware that the new keyboard is quite fancy....VERY expensive and quite heavy...almost doubles the weight of the iPad.

3) If you’re like me and use iCloud for everything...then I would recommend you consider getting the smallest storage device possible. The iPad supports external storage so you can attach your own if you need more...and it’s much cheaper to buy your own than to add it on the iPad at time of purchase. Also, the next iPad OS (possibly this fall) will have a lot of features that will make having an iPad even easier such as being able to select third party apps as default for mail and browser choice, for example. Side by Side apps makes working very quick and easy....especially having two emails open at same time. It works for me.

I wish you all the best and hope you find the solution that is best for you.
Cheers
Louis

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
Hi, I’m a full time iPad Pro user since the very first 12.9 inch was released. It takes getting used to as some work flows will likely change. I currently have the wi-fi only 2018 12.9in. I build websites (even PHP if you can believe that!) use Git, edit film, make music, maintain YouTube channel (not that I post that much, but wanted to let you know it works just great). I love the drawing apps and make art. In summary, I would say that I’m not a typical user (I go beyond mail, internet, social media, and video watching)...on iPad you develop and code websites (javascript, PHP, HTML, CSS), create graphics/images, edit photos and video and sound with amazing 3rd party apps (even the included ones are pretty good!)
And being able to touch everything and move everything by hand has been a welcome change for me.
I recommend you try it (you get 14 days!) and see. However, I would caution that if you’re going to do a test...I recommend avoiding using your mac during the test....otherwise the conflicting mind/body habits of the user interface might be confusing and not allow you to settle in and discover how you really feel about it.

My specific comments to your numbered questions:
1) I think if you have a decent cellular plan (perhaps unlimited) you can survive with Wi-Fi only version and tether to your phone (hotspot) when you require in-the-field freedom. That’s what I do. I have a very inexpensive unlimited plan with t-Mobile so it’s perfect.

2) I can’t speak to the new keyboard as I don’t have it. I have the 2018 version and it does fold over on itself! Be aware that the new keyboard is quite fancy....VERY expensive and quite heavy...almost doubles the weight of the iPad.

3) If you’re like me and use iCloud for everything...then I would recommend you consider getting the smallest storage device possible. The iPad supports external storage so you can attach your own if you need more...and it’s much cheaper to buy your own than to add it on the iPad at time of purchase. Also, the next iPad OS (possibly this fall) will have a lot of features that will make having an iPad even easier such as being able to select third party apps as default for mail and browser choice, for example. Side by Side apps makes working very quick and easy....especially having two emails open at same time. It works for me.

I wish you all the best and hope you find the solution that is best for you.
Cheers
Louis
Sounds a lot like the trajectory I followed with iPad Pro. In the last couple of years I started doing graphic design and photo/video editing on it, and I think that was, for me, when everything started coming full circle. The introduction of the Magic Keyboard sealed the deal.

We used to have some internal websites for work that didn’t run correctly on mobile Safari because they had Flash elements, but now those have all been updated to run in HTML5, so my last remaining use cases that I needed a Mac around for are now all gone.

ericwn

macrumors G5
Apr 24, 2016
Hey, I'm new here. I am contemplating and near convinced to try Ipod Pro as a full time system instead of Ipod air and also buying a new laptop. My chromebook won't hack it while I'm in NP school, starting this fall. My biggest questions are thus:
1. I'm thinking of going with a cellular model so I can take my Ipad out in the field and study. How much do most folks spend on their data plans?
2. Keyboard... I want something fully protective and I want something versatile. The magic keyboard would be perfect accept for the cost and that it doesn't fold back on itself. I don't know why I would want it to do that, but for some reason I do.
3. Super psyched about this impending transition and ready to reset my mind frame about how I approach and use technology. Any advice or support from others who have switched to Ipad full time much appreciated, especially regarding other accessories. For starters I am planning on getting a keyboard of sorts, pencil, airpods. What else do I need?

Cheers yall! Thanks for playing

1 - cellular is tempting. If personal hotspot from your phone isn’t available to you or not appealing and no wifi around, why not? Personally I managed ok with the wifi versions of iPads for a decade or so now.

2 - Give the magic keyboard a try. I usually recommend to order everything in one go from a seller with good return policy, like Apple. Test it, use it for nearly two weeks, and return if it doesn’t fit into your life. Your own judgement - nobody makes better decisions than yourself. I’d certainly consider it over that folio thingy.

3 - hm, everybody’s journey is different. Some find the transition easy, some don’t - there’s no right or wrong. Keep your other computer around until you’re sure that an iPad is sufficient.

Enjoy!

Ungibbed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2010
USA
Been using various model iPads from the original to my previous iPad Air (the OG) an currently using a second generation 12.9 iPP. While I pretty much do everything on my iPad, it’s more of an accessibility thing. Having poor vision is a drag and the 12.9 form factor is a help. I mainly use my iPP for media consumption and also learning the flow of Affinity Photo over PS. The iPad has come quite a long way from the day I bought the very first model.

That being said, there’s still a need to jump on a desktop OS for that one utility or app that just isn’t up to snuff on iPad or maybe just isn’t on iPadOS yet. So I have an old Mac Mini to kick around for said duties and music management.

Just wanted to chime about the cellular option, and how it saved my butt while my internet was up and down (was pretty much unusable but now it’s fixed). during that time I had a solid LTE signal and kept me going for the several months that Xfinity failed me.

Reactions: ssledoux

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
No not yet. Although I have a MacBook Air, iMac and PC. I don’t really use them. I do 99.9% of my things on my iPhone or iPad. The MacBook is mine. The iMac and desktop are my husbands and he’s the one who uses them.

My MacBook Air is 5 years old and it still serves my very meagre purposes. I’m now contemplating wether to get the latest MacBook Air or to just upgrade my iPad. I feel like upgrading the MacBook would be a waste as I’m barely using the one I have now. I currently have the iPad Pro 10.5 and iPad mini 5. Both serve my needs at present. There’s nothing on the new iPads that I desperately need and my current iPad Pro is fine now. However I do know I would get plenty of use out of any new iPad and I’d need to replace my iPad Pro in the next year or so.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA

I have the 10.5 Pro and the 2018 12.9. The 10.5 doesn't see any any use - I always reach for the 12.9 whether I'm at a desk, sitting in a chair, or reading in bed. I'll never again consider a smaller tablet with future purchases. But tablet size is a personal preference and no general rule applies.

Reactions: DoubleFlyaway

macdogpro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2020
Full time with the IPP 11” 256GB Wifi only since two weeks ago.

11” with retina resolution is adequate for me compared to my old mid 2009 MBP :p
I also feel tired lugging around a normal sized laptop.
12,9” is also too big to hold when I draw.
My MBP is wifi only, and I relly on public wifi and my iPhone for tethering, saves quite a lot.
I haven’t found Magic Keyboard alternative, even the newly released Logitech one with trackpad and pins connector. The MK experience can not be beaten as per now. Yes it’s crazy expensive, but so does an external Mac’s magic keyboard with external trackpad combo. For extra protection, I use the Switch Easy CoverBuddy.
The Pencil is a must for me, I occasionally draw, and the Pencil is great for that.
I work in the creative industry and I found the many choices of powerful apps for photo editing, video editing, illustration and office app is right now being great for my work flow.
Investing on a good USB type-C hub is also important, along with 1TB external drive for on the go and 5TB external drive stationed on my work desk.

The only gripe for now is the instability and minimalistic performance of file managing system by the Files app. Might replace that with 3rd party one soon.
Oh, also extending screen to external monitor also very limited for now.

Overall, haven’t been missing my MBP for now.

OddMacFan

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2019
I have a personal iPad Pro 10.5 and a work-issued MacBook Pro 13. I must say that the portability and versatility of the iPad is very nice, and I have used it as my primary personal computer for the past couple of years. However, there are some MAJOR shortcomings which have often forced me to use my work-issued MacBook Pro (which I do not like to do with personal data):

1. Apps. Even basic functionality which exists in the Mac version of Microsoft Office isn't in the iOS/iPadOS version, which is REALLY stripped down. Same is true for many of the native Apple apps, such as Mail. In addition, I have an audio capture app which I occasionally use on the Mac, and there is no equivalent on the iPad (captures system audio to a file). The iPad versions of Safari and Firefox will still sometimes load the "mobile" or "tablet" versions of web sites, even when set to request desktop versions; this always happens when you use Split Screen. I have a music collection built up over the years (from various sources) on the Mac, but can't figure out how to get this onto the iPad without using a Mac. I cannot rip new CDs, etc. into iTunes on iPadOS, as I haven't yet transferred all of my CD collection to digital files, nor can I see or change the metadata for songs already in iTunes on the iPad. Again, apps are often REALLY stripped down versus their desktop counterparts, or even worse, only exist as front-ends to cloud services which force you to store your data on someone else's system rather than your local iPad.
2. The multitasking interface isn't nearly as easy, efficient, or flexible to work with as macOS, where you can just put multiple windows wherever you want them on the screen, and see everything at once.
3. No traditional file system access. This makes working with files a PAIN, especially when different apps handle file access differently. Most iPadOS apps really aren't file or print-centric; it feels like these capabilities are an afterthought and very basic in function.
4. Lack of a desktop as a place to temporarily put things. If I'm working with screen caps, moving files around, etc. I can put everything on the Desktop and then move it to where I would like using multiple windows. Yes, you might be lucky enough to have your apps permit saving to Files, and do it from there, but the workflow here is not nearly as efficient.
5. Printer support. Basic printing to a printer which supports AirPrint works fine most of the time, but when it doesn't (formatting is off, page which looks fine on print preview outputs differently, etc.) then you're stuck. Print options are minimal compared with macOS, such as the inability to select a custom paper size. I have a HP MFC, and can print from the iPad, but can't fax or scan as I can with the Mac. There is no print job management or status functionality, so if there's a problem after you hit "Print," you're left in the dark.

The iPad is a great portable computer for very basic functionality, but it has a long way to go in order to mirror the very basic functionality of a laptop or desktop. Until iPadOS is more full-featured and flexible, and the apps more mature, it will be very difficult to be a laptop replacement for me. I'm having to do personal work on borrowed laptops enough that I am now looking to purchase a MacBook Pro to use as my primary personal computer.

kamikazeeMC

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2017
Perth, Western Australia
Went full send iPad Pro only since the start of May, I’ve been getting by fine doing everything I need (nothing complex) but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t miss my desktop. I knew it would be different going in and don’t regret the decision to give up my desktop, but I will be building another in the near future.

One reason for the experiment was to spend less time on a computer (lack of discipline on my part) which has been a nice change. Quickly being able to turn the screen on do what I needed then put it down has been good (could do these things with my phone but the bigger screen is nice). The ‘futuristic‘ aspect of interacting with a thin slab compared to a traditional computer still feels cool to me.

Some negatives apart from giving up stuff like gaming (not a fan of mobile games), premier pro/after effects (only used it here and there), 3ds etc. Being iOS and touch first while I do think it works well, but at the same time I find any sort of multitasking slow and inefficient (not really sure how I’d change this). Files being too basic, some errors moving files around, opening files between different apps and OneDrive making duplicate files I can’t delete (have to make a new folder, copy the other files I want to keep then delete the old folder). Also miss the ergonomics of sitting at a desktop computer.

Having said that I don‘t wish the iPad was running Mac OS with an external keyboard and mouse connected because I would have just stuck to a desktop.

TLDR though I could kerb being a power user and get by on basic needs, but miss it.

wetcanvas

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2014
I use my 12.9 iPad Pro for everything now but occasionally there is an annoyance where websites wont work correctly on an iPad. It’s really rare but it happens. For instance if you buy any content from gumroad when you go to a creators page it will only show 8 items even if the creator has more. There is a button at the bottom of the page to scroll more items but on iPad it doesnt work. it works on a laptop fine just not on a iPad. It’s frustrating because you may go months without an issue than one day you need to do something online and it doesnt work on iPad for some reason or another. I haven’t figured out what’s causing it. Sometimes I think its legacy flash websites that is doing it but there is a browser for iOS called puffen pro that works with some flash sites. So that works sometimes when a site doesnt work in safari. It’s not a huge issue but dont be shocked if you go to do something on a webpage some day on iPad and a button on the website wont work or something.

Last edited:

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Yeah I’ve chosen for my personal home computing setup to be on my 2020 11” Pro, as for work I have a Windows machine that I am truly hating. It is truly refreshing to come to the top performance and smooth experience of the iPP after using that Windows crap.

I am looking to get the Pencil as I already have a BT Keyboard and also looking to get a more robust case than I currently have.

Reactions: lyngo

Marty_Macfly

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2020
Hi M,

I use my iMac 27 for spreadsheets and complex graphic heavy emails / docs , the rest I do on my iPad Pro 12.9

The iPad is surprisingly powerful

I’m with George on this one about spreadsheets.

If you have existing Microsoft windows complex excel spreadsheets you can’t get away from, you may want to have a play on an Ipad to see if you get on with the IPad’s version of the Excel.

Apart from that, I’m finding the Ipad with MK awesome :)

Everyone else’s comments are spot on as well :)

Hope that help
Martin :)

Reactions: George Dawes

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I still have my MacBook air 2014 and my husband has an iMac and windows desktop. However going forward I'm going to be using my iPad pro 11, iPad pro 10.5 and iPad mini 5 as my main computing devices. I've decided I won't upgrade my MacBook air when it dies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.