Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you planning to by the Apple Airpods?

• Yes

Votes: 208 68.9%
  • No

Votes: 41 13.6%
  • I will wait and see what reviews say

Votes: 53 17.5%

• Total voters

gemnilocs

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
california
You're able to control the air pods from the watch??!! If so, that's great! I didn't even think of that.

Is this controlling music that's on the phone? (I haven't added any music to my watch) so I'm hoping it can used for content thaT'S ON THE PHONE

when listening to music from my phone, i can typically skip to next song, pause & adjust volume from the watch

Reactions: MDePew24

Applefan4515

Suspended
Sep 19, 2016
I was going to start a new post for this but can't seem to figure out how to make a new post? Lol. Anyways I noticed that on apples site the airpods status changed from available late October to currently unavailable.

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I was going to start a new post for this but can't seem to figure out how to make a new post? Lol. Anyways I noticed that on apples site the airpods status changed from available late October to currently unavailable.
Nope, just looked at the web site and it's still the same. It states both that its currently unavailable AND late October.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 5.43.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 5.43.55 AM.png
    358.3 KB · Views: 173

PurpleSookie

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2016
Australia
On the app it changed to currently unavailable a week or so ago.

Well it did in Aus anyway. I got a bit excited, but apparently for no reason!

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
BB does not even have a placeholder on their website for the AirPods like they do the Beats X for coming soon status so I doubt they will have them at launch IMHO.

Reactions: colburnr

Applefan4515

Suspended
Sep 19, 2016
Yea it changed back for me. I've been checking every day, via the Apple Store app, for the last week, and always said available late October. I know there are some anxiously awaiting these which is why I thought it was worth a mention.

Reactions: colburnr

gemnilocs

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
california
Hopefully the stores get there shipments today wit there availability for tomorrow, I really want a pair on the same day.

I know...me too!!! I'm all ready to hit up the Apple Store. Lol! It would perfect if I can get them right before hitting he road again

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
And don't expect beatsx to be ready for release either. Apple will(strategically) not allow those to be ready for market before the airpods.

So much for the 'wireless revolution'.. After all the hoo-hah with removing the headphone jack, not a damn wireless solution is offered by Apple.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
I had a feeling they would be delayed seeing as how huge the demand is expected to be. They can't have it disappoint on such a massive scale. It's fine for me. I need another Bluetooth headset like a need another hole in my head:D I'll just patiently wait until they choose to release and then get them.

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
With an announcement like this and this item being a featured product.. I can see stock dropping today in after market trading. Of course it will bounce back up tomorrow after the announcement of the macbooks.. only to go down again if they can't get those out on time.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
And don't expect beatsx to be ready for release either. Apple will(strategically) not allow those to be ready for market before the airpods.

So much for the 'wireless revolution'.. After all the hoo-hah with removing the headphone jack, not a damn wireless solution is offered by Apple.

I don't think so. Judging by the fact that both the Beats X and Power Beats 3 have release dates now suggests will be available in early November.

Applefan4515

Suspended
Sep 19, 2016
Some of you crack me up. Complain that you would rather have a product delayed when there's issues with it but then when they delay it you still complain.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
Some of you crack me up. Complain that you would rather have a product delayed when there's issues with it but then when they delay it you still complain.

Obviously in the perfect world we would have everything immediately and working perfectly. But if they aren't going to work properly it's best that they get them perfected and produced in sufficient quantities to satisfy demand.

With that said, I want my toy NOW!:D

Reactions: Applefan4515

Applefan4515

Suspended
Sep 19, 2016
Obviously in the perfect world we would have everything immediately and working perfectly. But if they aren't going to work properly it's best that they get them perfected and produced in sufficient quantities to satisfy demand.

With that said, I want my toy NOW!:D
I agree. I want them now. But I don't want to deal with the headache of the issues their surely trying to resolve. I highly doubt Apple wanted to delay them.

Reactions: eagleglen
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.