Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

magicvash

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2014
Seattle, WA
Ok two things I’m thinking:

1) This looks amazing and I’m sure will be super powerful, yet still severely limited by iPadOS

2) I’m sure there are some folks who need a computer now and will buy whatever is out there, but for anyone else, why would you buy anything out there now when you know M4 exists and will probably be out soon?

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
The thing keeping me from spending a ton on another iPad is that I just can't load my software on there. There's no Superior Drummer for iPadOS. While some of that's been alleviated with having Logic Pro (and FCP) now on there, it's still an issue for me.

Hear you!
Pretty much none of my current engineering software will run on an iPad. What little will work is limited at best.

We need something much more than a phone OS on this.

RedWeasel

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2010
"We're not only going to push the limits of what you can do on iPad, we're going to crush them."
"Feels just like using a MacBook."

But it still cannot run macOS! That is the problem and that is what would really make it feel like using a MacBook.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I'm hesitant to get something that has a completely brand new type of stacked OLED display technology. Think I'm going to be waiting out this generation to make sure they work out any kinks. Plus my M1 is still plenty fast. It's just an iPad, lol. We don't need crazy chips in them.

My wife needs a new iPad, though, so I'm gonna go pick up a new Air for her.

• Love
Reactions: Razorpit
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.