Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
So they charged too much for the domain so you bought a new one? Or something like that?

No, my domain was tied to my hosting, but it was a couple of days behind the hosting renewal. I set it up to auto-renew but didn't update the credit card info, so the domain was auctioned off to another, crappy site.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
No, my domain was tied to my hosting, but it was a couple of days behind the hosting renewal. I set it up to auto-renew but didn't update the credit card info, so the domain was auctioned off to another, crappy site.

Aww that sucks. Old Links and Bookmarks would go to the wrong place. I hope whoever bought it doesn't use it for... dirty stuff if you know what I mean :p That would really be embarrassing. Don't forget to update your signature too.

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA

Auctioned off only a couple days after it expired? That domain host doesn't sound reputable at all.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
Is that $4,500 a monthly or annual charge? Or is it only one-time charge?

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
Oh hey I completely forgot about the server! Is it still alive? Anything new?

Minecraft doesn't really interest me anymore which is probably why I don't play. I used to play it all day every day for almost a year but then I got sick of it.

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
Finally junked the pentium, Core2Duo all the wai.
Use the new address too!

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Ladies and Gentlemen, children of all ages, Keaton and I proudly present the all new and re-opening of THE PowerPC Minecraft server, Apple Cider. Over the next few weeks, we will be transitioning the server to be much better and more entertaining for the PowerPC Mac users who love to play Minecraft. As head-admin, with Keaton at my side as Manager and technician, we will be providing a much better UE than with the old server. While the changes may not be apparent at the time of writing, over the next few weeks there will be plenty of noticeable differences. We hope that you enjoy these differences and hope to see you on the all new Apple Cider MC server.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
APPLE CIDER?! :eek: I liked "Our Glorious Minecraft Server" as the title :confused: The new title is too long...

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
APPLE CIDER?! :eek: I liked "Our Glorious Minecraft Server" as the title :confused: The new title is too long...

It's shorter than the old one, Keaton had a good reason for choosing this name, which is that when apples age, they are usually converted to cider, and since this server is for older Apple computers and there owners, we felt it was a fitting name.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
It's shorter than the old one, Keaton had a good reason for choosing this name, which is that when apples age, they are usually converted to cider, and since this server is for older Apple computers and there owners, we felt it was a fitting name.

Name is good but I mean the title of the thread.

MacCubed

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2014
Florida
Im still having issues with getting Minecraft 1.5.1 working on any of my PPC's. I've downloaded the app from the first page of the thread, and it still says 1.5.2, I don't know if this is normal, but help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 135
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.