Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
ok well at least you are available here.
Just remove the permissions plugin and everything would be fixed.

My idea was to have a builder rank that has all the permissions of the default rank but also has /gamemode and maybe worldedit. Problem is that most permissions plugins screw up everything when you install it, instead of leaving default, so you have to sift through everything to get it right. If only there was a node for all defaults.

Maybe sometime I will tinker with some permissions plugin and if it works out i'll give it to you to install.

Erm, for most plugins you can do a .* for all perms (i.e worldedit.*). Right now, I have the flu, so I can't really do anything.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
Erm, for most plugins you can do a .* for all perms (i.e worldedit.*). Right now, I have the flu, so I can't really do anything.

Yes but that gives all commands for that plugin. When there is no permissions plugin then the plugins have their own list of player commands (like Essentials). A permissions plugin overrides the list. If you put "essentials.*" then that gives ALL commands for essentials, not just the ones in the list. Too bad theres no node for only the player commands. You'd have to manually copy each one from the config.yml of essentials and add "essentials." to each one.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
Permissions still don't work. Gamer have you tried fixing it at all? Please just remove the damn permissions plugin and there would be no problem. You probably don't have the access to remove it though. Keaton would have to do. Speaking of which, how is keaton? Keaton you need to remove perms plugin and fix dynmap. That's all that needs to be done. Are you still sick?
and dont kill me plz

zodemecu

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2015
Had to change nick for various reasons. Why can't i use /home to set my home? :S I'm previously proxyLain, and would appriciate to get my little farm moved to the new place. :) The small cabins near the default spawn point near the water with alot of pumpkins and stuff.

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Had to change nick for various reasons. Why can't i use /home to set my home? :S I'm previously proxyLain, and would appriciate to get my little farm moved to the new place. :) The small cabins near the default spawn point near the water with alot of pumpkins and stuff.

That's fine, and you need to do /sethome . I'm extremely busy this weekend so don't expect me to be able to move everything any time soon

zodemecu

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2015
That's fine, and you need to do /sethome . I'm extremely busy this weekend so don't expect me to be able to move everything any time soon

Oh, ok. :) Thx. Just wanted to inform u. :)

----------

For some reason i'm getting that I don't got access to that command :S

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Our glorious Minecraft server!

Ok... So as brought to my attention by some moderators on the server, someone has griefed the creative world. I'm not surprised by this, but I would have expected better from this community. If anyone knows who may have done it, or if you did it. Please PM me so I can settle this upsetting issue. If no one comes forward, I will use my own methods to find out who did it, and justice will be served...

----------

We may even have to introduce WhiteListing, which I really don't want to do, but most likely the creative world will be removed indefinitely. Sorry for any trouble this will cause people, but some people really need to be "a holes" and have no respect for anyone's hard work...

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
Ok... So as brought to my attention by some moderators on the server, someone has griefed the creative world. I'm not surprised by this, but I would have expected better from this community. If anyone knows who may have done it, or if you did it. Please PM me so I can settle this upsetting issue. If no one comes forward, I will use my own methods to find out who did it, and justice will be served...

----------

We may even have to introduce WhiteListing, which I really don't want to do, but most likely the creative world will be removed indefinitely. Sorry for any trouble this will cause people, but some people really need to be "a holes" and have no respect for anyone's hard work...

Grief the creative world? I hope you aren't confusing my builds as grief. I made abstract art.

I can't do didly-squat yet so I can't go to the creative world and see, so can you post a picture please?

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Grief the creative world? I hope you aren't confusing my builds as grief. I made abstract art.

I can't do didly-squat yet so I can't go to the creative world and see, so can you post a picture please?

Nope, it's definitely griefed. The desk was flooded, there were, uh, things that could get this post flagged, and stuff was broken. I would love to post a picture that someone sent me, but I would get flagged. I would also fix the permissions now and take a look at the world, but I'm out right now...

Surrat

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2014
United States
I went thru and removed most of the water spamming that was done, also repaired damage to my house and a few other spots. My walled town is still damaged, and spammed with critters, but whatever, I'll get to it later. Not much we can do than just repair what was done and keep trying to enjoy the server.

ctmpkmlec4

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2014
Lyons, KS
If you haven't done so already, you may check into using a tool called Hawkeye; it can rollback griefs and also show who did the damage. It should be fairly easy to implement if you're server is compatible with bukkit plug-ins.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
Nope, it's definitely griefed. The desk was flooded, there were, uh, things that could get this post flagged, and stuff was broken. I would love to post a picture that someone sent me, but I would get flagged. I would also fix the permissions now and take a look at the world, but I'm out right now...

there was a desk at the creative world? aww I didn't see :( keaton should have a plugin that takes regular backups.

haha I get what your saying... . hehe well you can just censor those d's from the picture and post it.

----------

I came on the server and saw someone named edwinpopper who soon left a few minutes after I joined. Maybe he is the greifer?

Aww someone PLEASE rip out the damn permissions plugin I am missing out on everything! :(

I even logged in with another name but it still doesn't work!

Last edited:

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Poiihy, I'll fix the permissions later today and look into that user. Luckily, we have active backups up to every 5 minutes. However, we would have to check every singe backup until they aren't there anymore.. Ctmpkmlec4, thanks for naming that plugin. I check to see if it will work on 1.5.1 and if it does, I'll install it. Altemose, depending on how things play out, it could go either way...

ctmpkmlec4

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2014
Lyons, KS
Poiihy, I'll fix the permissions later today and look into that user. Luckily, we have active backups up to every 5 minutes. However, we would have to check every singe backup until they aren't there anymore.. Ctmpkmlec4, thanks for naming that plugin. I check to see if it will work on 1.5.1 and if it does, I'll install it. Altemose, depending on how things play out, it could go either way...
Try these two links:

Link 1
Link 2

mikiotty

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2014
Rome, Italy
Joined the server today! That PowerMac G5... haha :D awesome!

I'm impressed by the performance on both my PowerBook G4 1.5GHz and my iMac G4 1.9GHz. Nice constant 30fps, even with rain and lighting effects. Nice server, gonna keep playing :)

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Ok so here is a quick update, I looked closer at the pictures someone sent me, and it actually is in the spawn world (aka World 0)...

iModFrenzy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2015
Kamino

Use a rollback plugin, problem solved.

----------

Joined the server today! That PowerMac G5... haha :D awesome!

I'm impressed by the performance on both my PowerBook G4 1.5GHz and my iMac G4 1.9GHz. Nice constant 30fps, even with rain and lighting effects. Nice server, gonna keep playing :)

Lighting for me is broken(torches emit a blue light).:(

Blackomen

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2015
US
Our glorious Minecraft server!

Nice to see you on the server, mikiotty! Shame about the griefing on the other world. I built a little cave house near surrats town.

Guessing someone is working on the server. I'm not allowed to do anything, ie not allowed to interact with torch.

Last edited:

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Hey Blackomen, I can see your comments. What seems to be the issue that the server "is so cold" and "it blows"...

Blackomen

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2015
US
Hey Blackomen, I can see your comments. What seems to be the issue that the server "is so cold" and "it blows"...

Just the weirdness with not being able to interact with anything. Server is awesome, just waiting for that stuff to get fixed when you guys have time. Must be a pain to figure out.

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Definitely... Between that issue, which seems to be effecting everyone now and the griefing, the server needs lots of care. However, as busy as I have been, I have some free time today so I was able to look into both issues. For right now, permissions (as far as I can tell) is now off. The griefing is making some progress, as I have narrowed it down to whoever had at the time the creative permission. Everything has been repaired, as well. Later, when Keaton sends me the logs, I can figure out who switched into creative in world 0 and other hints. I don't think it was Amadaeus/Surrat or LightBulbFun/BulbFreak, so for right now, they are out of the equation. If nothing turns up, their activities will be looked over as well.

Blackomen

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2015
US
Well, I'm sure everyone who plays on there appreciates all the work put into it. Yeah I doubt any of the regulars would do anything like that. Last time I was in that world as I would walk around my gamemode kept changing from survival to creative. But I've been stuck in Earf for a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.