Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
PSA: I am phasing out the old world, to see the new world, do /spawn.

WAT :eek: YOU DELETING THE OLD WORLD?! WHYYY D:
you could just move the spawn far away!!! BUT WHY DELETE IT?? D: at least put a download for the map!! D:

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
Yeah but phasing out is different than total removal. In the future it will be archived and put up for download.

Oh so you ARE going to remove it from the server

but WHY D:

what's wrong with it?!

You can just move the spawn!!

Why do you need a new world?!

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
Oh so you ARE going to remove it from the server

but WHY D:

what's wrong with it?!

You can just move the spawn!!

Why do you need a new world?!

It's really cluttered around spawn, some chunks are corrupt, and the generation is really messed up. Like I said it's still accessible and it WONT be removed for at least a month. I'm just easing players into the new world. I've even offered to move stuff over. Chill brah.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
It's really cluttered around spawn, some chunks are corrupt, and the generation is really messed up. Like I said it's still accessible and it WONT be removed for at least a month. I'm just easing players into the new world. I've even offered to move stuff over. Chill brah.

can you move the entire chunk of land with all the builds on it to somewhere in the new world? The chunk with the big noob-style platform box houses and the cube and desk with the G5 and ACD and iBook. And Amadaeus' city you can copy that entire chunk of land separately.

If you move only the builds then the builds wont fit the landscape. You need to copy the entire region!

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
can you move the entire chunk of land with all the builds on it to somewhere in the new world? The chunk with the big noob-style platform box houses and the cube and desk with the G5 and ACD and iBook. And Amadaeus' city you can copy that entire chunk of land separately.

If you move only the builds then the builds wont fit the landscape. You need to copy the entire region!

I can modify any surrounding to accommodate anything, I won't move stuff unless the owner requests it, like I can move your house

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
I can modify any surrounding to accommodate anything, I won't move stuff unless the owner requests it, like I can move your house

No if you move ONLY my house then it won't fit because my house requires all the other houses next to it to be in proper existence... You need the whole chunk of land copied, also include that floating cobblestone jailhouse thing I made whatever it is. I also need the desk and the mountain behind it with amadaeus' house to be in the view of the houses; without them my house is ruined!!! if you dont copy all that then dont bother copying the houses at all then. But Minecraft worlds are (near) infinite and you have plenty of space to copy all the builds there to enjoy forever.

Surrat

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2014
United States
OMG poiihy, calm down.

We are migrating to a non-screwed up map. If you look at the map webpage, you can see that our existing map is a mess, zones and chunks are all mismatched and overlapping each other. The new map will reset all that and smooth out the landscape so it looks natural.

My request might be for Keaton to try a large biom build to see if it comes out nice.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
OMG poiihy, calm down.

We are migrating to a non-screwed up map. If you look at the map webpage, you can see that our existing map is a mess, zones and chunks are all mismatched and overlapping each other. The new map will reset all that and smooth out the landscape so it looks natural.

My request might be for Keaton to try a large biom build to see if it comes out nice.

ooh large biomes world that would be good for large builds like huge powermac g5 and desks and ACDs and iBooks and Gamer's houses (hice?)

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Ok... Here's the deal. I'm moving my house, and I'm sure surat wants his city moved. Poiihy, A. Calm down, its not the end of the (minecraft) world. B, I can move the desk and everything and then you can build your house just the way you want it. I'm getting on in about 20 minutes (currently 8:20) to do some Work. If anyone wants something else moved, put it here and ill move it to the new, non-corrupted, normal world.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
Ok... Here's the deal. I'm moving my house, and I'm sure surat wants his city moved. Poiihy, A. Calm down, its not the end of the (minecraft) world. B, I can move the desk and everything and then you can build your house just the way you want it. I'm getting on in about 20 minutes (currently 8:20) to do some Work. If anyone wants something else moved, put it here and ill move it to the new, non-corrupted, normal world.

Gamer when you move your house can you move all the houses as one big bundle? plz

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
I'm trying to get the server up, but its been one damn thing after another. My sis got out of the hospital yesterday so it was a bit hectic.

EDIT: as I speak I am trying to get the server up when I'm supposed to be doing school...

EDIT Dos: server is up! I'll write a simple script that runs checking for the server and returns a png. The new world is Earf so admins can do /mvtp Earf.

Last edited:

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
I'm trying to get the server up, but its been one damn thing after another. My sis got out of the hospital yesterday so it was a bit hectic.

EDIT: as I speak I am trying to get the server up when I'm supposed to be doing school...

EDIT Dos: server is up! I'll write a simple script that runs checking for the server and returns a png. The new world is Earf so admins can do /mvtp Earf.

what does earf mean

Surrat

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2014
United States
Bulbfreak and I successfully transplanted my town to the new Earf map. It took a while, but thanks to him, we did it. I have been working on terraforming the area around it to blend it back into the terrain. Its slow work, but coming along nicely I think. The hills were rather high on one side, higher than the defensive walls in fact, so needed to be cut down heavily, then the ground repaired.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
Well it has been a while and nobody is fixing anything. Server is unusable now because permissions are still flocked up and I can't do anything at all! Also Dynmap is down and nobody is fixing it. Someone please, AT LEAST fix the permissions so I can do something! Otherwise this server will die!!

How are Amadaeus and LightBulbFun getting around? Do only I not have permissions for commands?
Gamer PLEASE FIX!! Just set it back to default and forget permissions completely. Get rid of the permissions plugin. We don't need it and it is more mess than good.

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Well it has been a while and nobody is fixing anything. Server is unusable now because permissions are still flocked up and I can't do anything at all! Also Dynmap is down and nobody is fixing it. Someone please, AT LEAST fix the permissions so I can do something! Otherwise this server will die!!

How are Amadaeus and LightBulbFun getting around? Do only I not have permissions for commands?
Gamer PLEASE FIX!! Just set it back to default and forget permissions completely. Get rid of the permissions plugin. We don't need it and it is more mess than good.

Poiihy, again... Calm Down. I have a life, and so does keaton. I can do my best to be there when there is an issue. I'll fix it later today. Also, you were the one who suggested the permissions in the first place. Amadeus/Surrat and LightBulbFun/BulbFreak have been setup properly in the server, which is why they aren't having issues,

----------

Bulbfreak and I successfully transplanted my town to the new Earf map. It took a while, but thanks to him, we did it. I have been working on terraforming the area around it to blend it back into the terrain. Its slow work, but coming along nicely I think. The hills were rather high on one side, higher than the defensive walls in fact, so needed to be cut down heavily, then the ground repaired.

Nice job, gentleman. I see you learned the art of my magical worldediting tool!

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
Poiihy, again... Calm Down. I have a life, and so does keaton. I can do my best to be there when there is an issue. I'll fix it later today. Also, you were the one who suggested the permissions in the first place. Amadeus/Surrat and LightBulbFun/BulbFreak have been setup properly in the server, which is why they aren't having issues,

ok well at least you are available here.
Just remove the permissions plugin and everything would be fixed.

My idea was to have a builder rank that has all the permissions of the default rank but also has /gamemode and maybe worldedit. Problem is that most permissions plugins screw up everything when you install it, instead of leaving default, so you have to sift through everything to get it right. If only there was a node for all defaults.

Maybe sometime I will tinker with some permissions plugin and if it works out i'll give it to you to install.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.