Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released a new video ad promoting the "Find Your Friends" feature available in the Find My app on all iPhone 15 models.

In the ad, a person dressed as a Mandalorian from the Star Wars universe uses the feature to find other Mandalorians in a crowded convention center.

How to use the Find Your Friends feature:Both you and the other person must have an iPhone 15 in order to use Find Your Friends. Similar to an AirTag, the feature supports Precision Finding, which provides an on-screen directional arrow and exact distance to the other person's location.

Article Link: Apple Promotes iPhone 15's 'Find Your Friends' Feature in Star Wars-Themed Ad

Last edited:

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
In the ad, a person dressed as a Mandalorian from the Star Wars universe uses the feature to find other Mandalorians in a crowded convention center.
What the ad doesn't tell us is that the Mandalorian was late in meeting up with his friends which is why he needed to use the "Find Your Friends" feature. His iPhone alarm didn't wake him up when it was supposed to.

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
Very cool feature, but it's going to be a few years before all my friends have 15 or higher iPhones to make this work consistently.

I'm not sure what the technology is that makes this work (Bluetooth, NFC?) but like so many things it would be much more useful if it was platform-agnostic and I could share location with people whether they have an Android or an iPhone.

vegetassj4

macrumors 68000
Oct 16, 2014
Doomsayers? AAPL:NASDAQ

Perhaps you refer to the imminent application of the EU regulations? Yes, I assure you, we are quite safe from your MEPs here. Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design. It was I who allowed the DMA to require alternate app stores. iPhone is quite safe from your pitiful little Androids. An entire legion of my best geniuses awaits them. Oh, I'm afraid Siri's AI will be quite operational when your friends arrive.

IMG_0250.jpeg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.