Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gregmancuso

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2014
No, those are just generic bands. Where’s the announcement from Apple that those bands were exclusively designed to celebrate heterosexuals? Logic.
This is supposed to be sarcastic, right?

What exactly would that look like?

Doe that mean we should also come up with some "I don't have any condition or know of anyone with a condition" ribbon. I just looked it up before responding to see what colors are left - there is a ribbon for just about everything else: https://fundraisingforacause.com/pages/ribbon-color-meanings

dustin_

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2021
Banderas Bay, Mexico
“Brown is ugly” is purely subjective, like “Blue is for boys” or “Pink is for girls”. Where do you think these automatic associations come from?

Not “everything is racial”, correct, but a lot of society has racial elements baked into it, often hidden beneath the surface (e.g.: a distinct lack of non-white “beautiful” models in Western media for most of the last several decades).
I’m sorry but you’re not gonna make me feel guilty for thinking the color brown is ugly. Ridiculous stuff.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
I hate to break it to you, but that isn’t a magic wrist band that protects you from legislation. Secondly, don’t stereotype religious people.

I never said it was a magic wrist band and the fact you even think that means I'm likely wasting my time responding to this. Also I'm not "stereotyping" religious people, I'm stating facts. The fact you don't grasp that shows you're lucky enough not to need any kind of pride band.

phenste

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2012
was gonna apply to the laughably bad ragebait earlier in the thread then I realized I want my comment to stay up 😂 looks like a nice switch-up from the classic Woven Pride Loop. hoping it’s more resistant to discoloration, just might have to nab one with how heavily-used my first one’s gotten. happy (early) Pride! 🏳️‍🌈

RichTF

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2007
London, UK
I’m sorry but you’re not gonna make me feel guilty for thinking the color brown is ugly. Ridiculous stuff.
It’s okay to question your implicit beliefs and assumptions, like “huh, maybe that’s a point I need to think about some more”, there’s no need to feel guilty about anything. It’s not about making you or anyone else feel guilty, it’s just about raising the possibility that maybe you’re wrong about something. 🤷🏻‍♂️

austinguy23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
This is supposed to be sarcastic, right?

What exactly would that look like?

Doe that mean we should also come up with some "I don't have any condition or know of anyone with a condition" ribbon. I just looked it up before responding to see what colors are left - there is a ribbon for just about everything else: https://fundraisingforacause.com/pages/ribbon-color-meanings
I’m not literally asking for a special band. I’m just highlighting the lack of logic in the posters statement that the straight bands are “all the other ones”.

Last edited by a moderator:

dustin_

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2021
Banderas Bay, Mexico
It’s okay to question your implicit beliefs and assumptions, like “huh, maybe that’s a point I need to think about some more”, there’s no need to feel guilty about anything. It’s not about making you or anyone else feel guilty, it’s just about raising the possibility that maybe you’re wrong about something. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Ok. Brown’s ugly and isn’t part of the rainbow. Thanks for the thought exercise.

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
It's so bright!

IMG_5582.jpg

IMG_5586.jpg

120FPS

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2022
This is pathetic. Apple needs to stop spotlighting differences among people. And no, I won’t celebrate people for what they choose to do in their bedrooms.
Oh great so in that vein let’s not celebrate children and avoid giving them every opportunity to succeed in life and choose their own path /s

Can we have straight pride bands as well? I mean if you need a band to call out what you like, isn’t that unfairly excluding others? Just saying….
You have it 365 days a year, it’s the default setting.

CapitalIdea

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2022

To be fair, I think claiming that a color is not aesthetically pleasing is not necessarily any kind of “implicit belief and assumption.” It could just be that some people think the color brown is not exciting visually. When kids mix paints, I don’t think many are excited when they all turn brown when combined. And since such things are completely subjective, there really is no way to be “wrong” about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.