Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Loge

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
England
I'm missing a really good digital watchface for the Apple watch with seconds and plenty of complication slots where all complications work.

Yes it seems Apple does not care about the digital watch faces. At least have a fully customisable modular, where you could, for example, put the time in the middle (complete with seconds), rather than top right only.

Reactions: MisterSavage

user1234

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2009
Sweden
Yes it seems Apple does not care about the digital watch faces. At least have a fully customisable modular, where you could, for example, put the time in the middle (complete with seconds), rather than top right only.

After using the modular infograph for several months I still miss having sunrise/sunset on it. It would also be nice with conditional complications, like for example have weather in a slot when a timer isn’t running, but temporarily replace it with the timer when it’s running.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
I still think it’s crazy that the email one doesn’t show the number of unread emails. It works perfectly well with messages so why not emails?

Reactions: Jimpilot

user1234

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2009
Sweden
I still think it’s crazy that the email one doesn’t show the number of unread emails. It works perfectly well with messages so why not emails?

Many people seem to leave hundreds if not thousands of unread email in their inboxes. Maybe that’s why Apple opted not to show the unread email count on the complication? If so they could at least have made it an option

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
Many people seem to leave hundreds if not thousands of unread email in their inboxes. Maybe that’s why Apple opted not to show the unread email count on the complication? If so they could at least have made it an option

More so then to have it added. I don’t want to be penalised just because someone is too lazy to go through their mail.

Reactions: StumpyBloke

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England

Maybe but as you say, should be a choice. It could just say 10+ for example if there are loads of unread.

Reactions: jagooch and Beards

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Nice one.... A perfect compromise.

Ta. It’s just another example of Apples half-assed approach these days IMO. It’s almost like everything is half a job and nothing is ever quite finished. No continuity between similar apps i.e. messages and email etc etc. If the Microsoft Outlook one did it I would use that one in a heartbeat.

Reactions: jagooch and Beards

alleyooptroop

macrumors regular
May 4, 2010
just upgraded to the series 4. one of the reasons being more options to add complications to the home screen. but am i correct in saying it's not possible to add apple's podcast app? do i really have to press the dial and go to the apps screen just to launch podcasts?

*edit*

looks like podcasts isn't available as a complication on all watch faces:

https://support.apple.com/guide/watch/faces-and-features-apd6ce85daf4/watchos

i was trying to add it to the infograph watch face

Last edited:
Reactions: jagooch

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
just upgraded to the series 4. one of the reasons being more options to add complications to the home screen. but am i correct in saying it's not possible to add apple's podcast app? do i really have to press the dial and go to the apps screen just to launch podcasts?

*edit*

looks like podcasts isn't available as a complication on all watch faces:

https://support.apple.com/guide/watch/faces-and-features-apd6ce85daf4/watchos

i was trying to add it to the infograph watch face
Bet won’t be here til watchOS6

ipaddaro

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2014
with watchos 6, reminders complications on infograph face doesn't show the preview any more.. it only shows "how many" reminders are left (if there is only 1 left, then it shows the actual text)

Reactions: jagooch

Bill Av

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2006
Not sure. I have a series 4 as well and…

Attachments

• EBE045C2-38D0-48AF-B66B-CCE0ED3E9655.jpeg
    EBE045C2-38D0-48AF-B66B-CCE0ED3E9655.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 217

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018

That's exactly what I want. Big digital time with seconds in the center. Complications on top and bottom of that. Seems so simple.

Bill Av

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2006
That's exactly what I want. Big digital time with seconds in the center. Complications on top and bottom of that. Seems so simple.
It does seem simple. My guess it that it would interfere with either the fung shui or the Golden Ratio or the Karma of the Apple Watch. Would you want that to happen? I think not! ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.