Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Do you plan on ordering the new Apple Watch Series 7 (2021) this September?

• Total voters

Congratulations to everyone who received their Apple Watch Series 7 on a Launch Date October 15th, 2021!!!

c180977a-e057-4580-a471-05aaaeb9d262-jpeg.1871684

Hello all,

Welcome, I am here to share the excitement with you all. It looks like we are exactly 30 days away to place our order's for a brand new re-designed Apple Watch Series 7 (2021). Expecting many of the regulars to come back and place their orders for the new Apple Watch Series 7. Getting this awesome thread started 30 days ahead of the pre-order night. Get ready!!! The countdown has begun!!!

The projected date for September 2021 event invites:
Tuesday, September 07, 2021, following up with the event to be held on Tuesday, September 14, 2021, at 10:00 AM PDT.

Links to Apple Event, September 14, 2021. Starting at 10:00 PDT!!!

1633398270240.jpeg

98E49042-66A8-466C-A74E-80AB6A96C100.jpeg

1631684494979.png

1631684528803.png

1631684768411.png

1631684825668.png

I will post the tracking links once we get closer to the pre-orders date.

Apple Watch Series 7 latest rumors roundup page: Featured by 9to5mac, CNET, and Bloomberg

* Expecting a re-design Apple Watch with flatter displays 😍
* Updated screen technology
* Faster processor
* Better battery life
* Maybe future temperature and glucose sensors?
* Hopefully new colors
* Would love the ceramic version to make a comeback!

First timer? Welcome! Please, visit this link: https://www.apple.com/apple-watch-series-6/

Why an Apple Watch? Please, visit this link: https://www.apple.com/apple-watch-series-6/why-apple-watch/

Looking forward to the regular contributors joining in!!! Welcome Aboard!!!

I plan on pre-ordering the Apple Watch Series 7. Preferably Space Black Titanium version.

Please share your thoughts on which Apple Watch Series 7 model you plan on pre-ordering? What color? What size? What case material? What case finish?

Are you going to upgrade your Apple Watch this year?

-This thread will continue to get updated periodically.

Attachments

• 1629186054902.png
    1629186054902.png
    301.9 KB · Views: 1,031
  • 1629186334929.png
    1629186334929.png
    601.7 KB · Views: 994
  • 1631038891937.jpeg
    1631038891937.jpeg
    234.3 KB · Views: 463
  • 1631605454233.png
    1631605454233.png
    467.4 KB · Views: 405
Last edited:

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
I’m definitely looking forward to it. I plan on possibly keeping my S6 and getting a 7 in addition to one instead of selling them all the time so that I have options to switch back and forth with.

I’m interested to see the colors and design but definitely getting a 40MM.. maybe either gold or SG.

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
I picked up an SE in February, half anticipating returning it because of the dire battery life. I’m loving it. Not sold on the 7 at this point personally but I’m excited to see how it turns out.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
My apologies in advance for the slightly off-topic post:

confirmed purchases:
  • 14-inch or 16-inch MacBook Pro (bye-bye M1 MBA + 16-inch MacBook Pro)
Undecided - Apple marketing has to do a damn good job to convince me to make these purchases:
  • Apple Watch Series 7 (My Series 6 is still going strong and the rumored upgrades are also similarly minimal, just like with this year's iPhone 13 release.)
  • iPad Mini Gen 6
  • iPhone 13 (After I replaced the battery on my iPhone X, it is still working fine and the upgrades rumored on the iPhone 13, don't make it a "must buy" in my book...I can hold off for another year. The upgrades seem so insignificant.)

Last edited:
My apologies in advance for the slightly off-topic post:

confirmed purchases:
  • 14-inch or 16-inch MacBook Pro (bye bye M1 MBA + 16-inch MacBook Pro)
Undecided - Apple marketing has to do a damn good job to convince me to make these purchases:
  • Apple Watch Series 7 (My Series 6 is still going strong and the rumored upgrades are also similarly minimal, just like with this year's iPhone 13 release.)
  • iPad Mini Gen 6
  • iPhone 13 (After I replaced the battery on my iPhone X, it is still working fine and the upgrades rumored on the iPhone 13, don't make it a "must buy" in my book...I can hold off for another year. The upgrades seem so small.)
Ahh it's going to be an expensive year haha! It's a re-design Apple Watch though (Flatter design). That alone should make it easier to decide.

I'm settled on 16-inch MacBook Pro, Apple Water Series 7 and iPhone Pro Max.

I’m definitely looking forward to it. I plan on possibly keeping my S6 and getting a 7 in addition to one instead of selling them all the time so that I have options to switch back and forth with.

I’m interested to see the colors and design but definitely getting a 40MM.. maybe either gold or SG.
I wonder what a top tier model Apple is going to introduce. I hope Titanium AW is not being discontinued.

I will be watching out for new health related features and then decide.
My AW4 is going very strong so there have to be compelling new features and redesign would not be one of them
This report just came out. Perhaps, Apple won't disappoint you :)

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
This report just came out. Perhaps, Apple won't disappoint you :)

Yea, just saw that … there has been so much talk about potential new health sensors so here is to hoping that there will be something new and useful (granted that “useful” for me might mean something different for others)

sunapple

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
If it’s really cool, I might get it. If I can ever get an older ceramic white model for an okay price, I might go for that (looks so amazing IMO).

But functionally, I’m not yet convinced of AW. I’ve tried them but don’t have one right now. I like the health stuff, but I get sort of stressed out by getting notifications on the wrist. I think I do want to have an iPhone replacement so I can leave my phone at home while out for a walk. Hoping for 4G availability in my country, finally…

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
Glad to be back, and looking forward to the excitement, camaraderie, and sense of community these threads bring every year!

I'll likely be getting whatever the top of the line Series 7 watch is, hopefully Hermes is an option again this year. I currently have an aluminum Nike series 6, and two series 5's, in stainless steel and ceramic. Not sure yet if I'll be keeping them all, selling one to a friend, or trading one in. We'll see based on what the s7 options are.

Also just ordered a green 2021 iMac, and will be upgrading my 12 Pro Max to a 13 Pro Max.

Glad to be back, and looking forward to the excitement, camaraderie, and sense of community these threads bring every year!

I'll likely be getting whatever the top of the line Series 7 watch is, hopefully Hermes is an option again this year. I currently have an aluminum Nike series 6, and two series 5's, in stainless steel and ceramic. Not sure yet if I'll be keeping them all, selling one to a friend, or trading one in. We'll see based on what the s7 options are.

Also just ordered a green 2021 iMac, and will be upgrading my 12 Pro Max to a 13 Pro Max.
Wow! Happy to see you here. Upgrading from Aluminum Nike Series 6 straight to Hermes model!!! That's awesome! Top of the line, the best of the best.

I hope Apple brings back the ceramic models.

Last edited:
Reactions: LFC2020

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
I’m curious about the stainless steel.. may try one for the S7. How much heavier is it compared to the aluminum?
For me, I noticed the difference for the first minute or two it was on when I first got it, and then never noticed it again. I switch back and forth between my aluminum, SS, and ceramic watches daily, and although the ceramic and SS are heavier than the aluminum, it's not enough to make any difference for me in wearability.

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
Wow! Happy to see you here. Upgrading from Aluminum Nike Series 6 straight to Hermes model!!! That's awesome.

I hope Apple brings back the ceramic models.
Thanks! I have the "edition" model S5 ceramic, and the S5 SS is awesome, but I also love my Nike aluminum. Hermes is really the only option I've never had.

I agree about ceramic, and whether they do or not will likely influence whether I keep my S5 ceramic or sell it....and also whether I go for ceramic or Hermes in the S7. Can't wait to find out what our options will be!

I’m curious about the stainless steel.. may try one for the S7. How much heavier is it compared to the aluminum?
For some reason stainless steel was heavy. I didn't like it one bit. Also, it was prone to scratches :( That's the only reason I did not order the Hermes' watch :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.