Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Do you plan on ordering the new Apple Watch Series 7 (2021) this September?

• Total voters
If you want to save battery life and make the battery life longer. Check out this article.

Reactions: _Spinn_ and svish

hmorneau

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2016
If you want to save battery life and make the battery life longer. Check out this article.

I'm the opposite, I want to go below 80% as soon as possible, you can than get a brand new shinny Watch from Apple (free of charge if you have AppleCare+).

Dang! Still years away? Hopefully, in 2022, we get to see body temperature senor for Apple Watch 8 ⌚️

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
Dang! Still years away? Hopefully, in 2022, we get to see body temperature senor for Apple Watch 8 ⌚️

Hello my dear online friend!! I have not been able to be here as much as I usually do and thanks to Covid and all that it’s destroying, I didn’t get to update the iPhone or the Apple Watch this year. I so missed our time together in those threads and the experience plus the excitement that you bring to us all tracking +getting our new toys. I miss you. So I wanted to stop by and say hi!
Hope everything is going great and you are doing well. It’s been hard for me for the past months but I’m getting back to a better place now. 2022 is going to be a much better place for me I believe. I so hope that I will be able to be there with you this year as we move to the iPhone 14 and the Apple Watch Series 8!
Be well and enjoy your wonderful Apple tools!
T

_Spinn_

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2020
Wisconsin

Dang! I'm really looking forward to seeing these sensors.

I'm with you, hopefully we see body temperature this year. I'd also love to see the Apple Watch add UV sensors to track your exposure to UV light - like how it can currently track environmental sounds and alert you when sound levels become dangerous.

Hello my dear online friend!! I have not been able to be here as much as I usually do and thanks to Covid and all that it’s destroying, I didn’t get to update the iPhone or the Apple Watch this year. I so missed our time together in those threads and the experience plus the excitement that you bring to us all tracking +getting our new toys. I miss you. So I wanted to stop by and say hi!
Hope everything is going great and you are doing well. It’s been hard for me for the past months but I’m getting back to a better place now. 2022 is going to be a much better place for me I believe. I so hope that I will be able to be there with you this year as we move to the iPhone 14 and the Apple Watch Series 8!
Be well and enjoy your wonderful Apple tools!
T
Hello,

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate it. Glad, you enjoy the pre-ordering thread. They are fun and bring all of us together. It is one of the best times being on here. Hopefully, you are staying safe and taking care of yourself. Health comes first. It's such a precious thing, we have to take care of it.

The year 2022, is going to be a very special year for all of us. I hope you will be ready to pre-order the iPhone 14 and the Apple Watch Series 8. Hope to see you join the pre-ordering thread. Expecting a major overall :)

Stay safe and stay healthy,

@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗

Reactions: svish
Dang! I'm really looking forward to seeing these sensors.

I'm with you, hopefully we see body temperature this year. I'd also love to see the Apple Watch add UV sensors to track your exposure to UV light - like how it can currently track environmental sounds and alert you when sound levels become dangerous.
Same! I feel like it's so critical and it requires a lot of research. It's pure engineering. This year, hoping for the temperature sensor at least. I'm not sure about the new re-design of the Apple watch. Maybe we will see the square-edge design?

Reactions: _Spinn_ and svish

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO

I had this cool little device that plugged in to an iPhone headphone jack - about the width of the headphone jack and about 1/2” tall. Tiny. It had a well designed companion app. When plugged in, the device would measure the air temp of where you were standing. Again, pretty cool. Always thought it would be fun if Apple could figure a way to measure air temp in the space in which you stood.

Last edited:

_Spinn_

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2020
Wisconsin

PaladinGuy

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014

I would love sleep tracking improvements in the Apple Watch. Automatic sleep tracking and sleep stages are why I still wear my Fitbit along with my Apple Watch. I’ve tried some of the third party sleep apps and nothing seems to come close to Fitbit.

I hope they’ll allow more sleep tracking capabilities with previous watches, as well. I’m okay with the sensors my series 7 and 5 have. I’d just love a bit more of a robust analysis of my sleep each night.

A well-written article has been published by the AppleInsider team in reference to Apple Watch 8. Hoping for a drastic change in design this year. It is worth reading.

6E93AD87-91EB-45F8-960F-31EC050531EB.jpeg

Source: AppleInsider

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
A well-written article has been published by the AppleInsider team in reference to Apple Watch 8. Hoping for a drastic change in design this year. It is worth reading.

View attachment 1952148

Source: AppleInsider
Interesting article though nothing really new in there… that design I have to say, does not appeal to me, makes it look more like a computer in your wrist and I think the flat edges will not be comfortable…
But, let’s wait and see what really happens in September

Interesting article though nothing really new in there… that design I have to say, does not appeal to me, makes it look more like a computer in your wrist and I think the flat edges will not be comfortable…
But, let’s wait and see what really happens in September
I agree. Maybe that’s why Apple will be introducing 3 Apple Watch models this year? Maybe the flat edge design will be a more exclusive edition? Like the Pro model? So it’s a win/win for everyone. I’m just hoping we can a new sensor this year. However, a major update is definitely needed. 6 to 7 months to go 😅

Reactions: svish and jz0309

Davidnguyen_89

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2021
trying to update the apple watch and its connected to wifi and my charger at 100 percent but it won't let me update? help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.