Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Do you plan on ordering the new Apple Watch Series 7 (2021) this September?

• Total voters

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Mine is still in Memphis TN. Day 6 in clearance, but this morning it changed status to “In Transit” Come on FedEx, hurry it up.

justywusty

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Same. Mine said it left at 1:39, but now that time updated to 2:50 for some reason. 🤷‍♂️

I assume we’re on the same flights!

Edit: Latest

12/08/2021
4:43
On the Way
Arrived at Facility
Incheon, Korea, Republic of
12/08/2021
2:50
Departed from Facility
Shanghai, China
UPS now says it’ll be here tomorrow, which I find unlikely since I can’t trace the flights from Korea to get here in time. The earliest possible that I calculated is Thursday. 🤔

hmorneau

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2016
UPS now says it’ll be here tomorrow, which I find unlikely since I can’t trace the flights from Korea to get here in time. The earliest possible that I calculated is Thursday. 🤔
I would say Thursday too. UPS was showing the same (next day) for my macbook when it was in Korea, today it was in USA and they updated the tracking to the following day.

Last edited:
Reactions: justywusty

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
If you got a departure scan from Incheon, South Korea to ANC, AK, there’s a good chance you could. But once it gets to Louiseville, KY, then you have to wait for the Import Scan.

justywusty

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
If you got a departure scan from Incheon, South Korea to ANC, AK, there’s a good chance you could. But once it gets to Louiseville, KY, then you have to wait for the Import Scan.
Yeah. My MacBook Pro went from Korea to Anchorage to Kentucky to Minneapolis to Winnipeg. Doubt it’s arriving tomorrow lol.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
4A1DD07F-F8CF-4087-96A1-3E0CBAAF1CDB.jpeg
Ups is fairly over confidently certain tomorrow will be day :)

Attachments

• 5C5F346C-A378-4944-8531-47363D92D0A6.jpeg
    5C5F346C-A378-4944-8531-47363D92D0A6.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Finally my SBTi AW 7 45mm has departed Memphis, TN. Im hopeful it will be delivered today. Almost 1 week stuck in clearanc.
Update: Currently now at my local Fedex Facility, so it should be delivered today.

Timeline: 11/24/21 - SBTi 45 mm AW 7 ordered. 12/14 - 21 estimated Delivery
11/26/21 - Got tracking and shipped e-mail.
11/30 - 12/4/21 - Stuck in Clearance loop
12/8/21 - Woke up to a departure scan and is at my local facility.

Happy that I’m getting mine about a week earlier than the expected delivery date. Awesome.

• Love

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
Wow i didn't realize how messed up my formatting was on the post a few one above :) Ha...

Anyway....this morning I see a Louisville KY arrival scan about a half hour ago. With any luck it will make it to my local UPS CC sometime this late afternoon.

I'm having it held there so maybe I can get it, otherwise tomorrow morning.

Looks like my trade-in box is on the UPS truck already :)

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Day 15 in preparing to ship - only now my date was moved from Dec 1-8 to Dec 16-20

And I can't even cancel it because its still preparing to ship.

F you Apple.

• Angry
Reactions: 3Rock and LucylouZ

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Day 15 in preparing to ship - only now my date was moved from Dec 1-8 to Dec 16-20

And I can't even cancel it because its still preparing to ship.

F you Apple.
That sucks. 15 days of h*ll. Did you check your bank or card company you use to see if you have any pending charges from Apple?

I ordered the Apple polishing cloth late October and the next day it went to Preparing for shipment, I did not see any pending charges on the card and thought maybe it was just a glitch. However around 11/23 I got a pending charge on my Apple Card and then the apple polishing cloth got shipped. Normally when your order is in PFS, your card should be charged but depends on when.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
What in the F...Apple says my watch just shipped, delivery for tomorrow (Thur).

That's great, but Apple, get your stories straight.

3Rock

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2021

Perhaps If you had put on a shirt, tie and jacket as opposed to what I see in your avatar maybe Apple would have treated you with a rush order. 🤷‍♂️ LOL

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013

For me it's been Apple that has reported a conservative delivery date, (Apple says the 13th, UPS says tomorrow) and UPS (the one actually doing the shipping) has been overpromising and underdelivering.

"What can Brown do for you?" how about "(Heart)-ing Logistics" a little better?

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
For me it's been Apple that has reported a conservative delivery date, (Apple says the 13th, UPS says tomorrow) and UPS (the one actually doing the shipping) has been overpromising and underdelivering.

"What can Brown do for you?" how about "(Heart)-ing Logistics" a little better?

Yeah, I mean, I get that they ship millions of packages, so I guess it's a small miracle they get it done at all, but there is a lot of miscommunication between the shippers and the vendors.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
I also think that past the initial release day shipping the amount of money per unit that Apple pays the shippers must drop dramatically. Even if you pay for expedited delivery (how much of that gets passed on the the shippers?)

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
My tracking number is UPS, but it still isn't even showing up as a printed label yet. Could I be starting a new countdown here...how long my package stays in limbo?

The only way it gets here Thur is if its coming from stock in the US already (I had express overnight). The service code is 13, which is next day air saver (red).

Update, I got a printed label now - and it appears its coming from Indiana, not China, like almost everyone else. Weird.

Last edited:

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
My tracking number is UPS, but it still isn't even showing up as a printed label yet. Could I be starting a new countdown here...how long my package stays in limbo?

The only way it gets here Thur is if its coming from stock in the US already (I had express overnight). The service code is 13, which is next day air saver (red).

Update, I got a printed label now - and it appears its coming from Indiana, not China, like almost everyone else. Weird.
Interesting. I wonder if its coming from the apple store there?

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Interesting. I wonder if its coming from the apple store there?

I imagine they have a distribution warehouse there. It's a two hour drive to the UPS hub in Louisville, for an overnight flight. Interesting how they coordinate these things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.