Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Do you plan on ordering the new Apple Watch Series 7 (2021) this September?

• Total voters

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I imagine they have a distribution warehouse there. It's a two hour drive to the UPS hub in Louisville, for an overnight flight. Interesting how they coordinate these things.
Never heard of one in Indiana. There are 3 places i know. TN, PA amd CA

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
Mine was supposed to be put in one of the UPS lockers alongside the UPS CC....but tracking said it was out for delivery, then processing at the facility, then out for delivery again...

So I just drove there and it took about 15 min but they found it.....setting it up now.

What a wild and strange trip it's been this year for my Apple Watch. After a few false starts (canceled orders after reconsideration) its here....

Have a good one everybody and see you next year to see what Apple Watch 8 has in store!

justywusty

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
So you like it? :rolleyes:

Mine is still in Shanghai :(
Yeah! Such an awesome upgrade over my S4 even…but it’s been out of commission so I’ve been having to use my S0 and omg 😱 what a difference lol.

Mine only took 2 days to get delivered once it left Shanghai so maybe Monday?

A4930B5C-F6C9-447F-BFAC-C04BABCD1C4F.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: fixpoint

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Yeah! Such an awesome upgrade over my S4 even…but it’s been out of commission so I’ve been having to use my S0 and omg 😱 what a difference lol.

Mine only took 2 days to get delivered once it left Shanghai so maybe Monday?

View attachment 1925897

A watch face minimalist, I see :)

I like Infograph modular myself. Lots of indo, like next scheduled event, weather, etc.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
I didn't think I'd notice or appreciate the screen size difference between the 44mm and 45mm cases but after 24 hours of wearing it I do.

S6 v S7 (44/45) Ti

The configurator made the Abyss Blue/Moss Green sport loop a little nicer than in person. But I'm hoping after some wear and a few wash machine cycles that the colors mute a bit. I still like it though.

The battery health capacity on the S6 is down to 78% (and falling rapidly for some reason, earlier in the fall it was around 85%), so it is being sent to Apple for a battery replacement. Then I'll give it to my daughter.

I recently switched to digital crown-inward facing position. Even though I wear my watch in the middle of my wrist I still got the frequent false push of the digital crown.
Much better now.
watchcomparo.jpg

Reactions: GlenK

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
Whoa the 45mm seems wayyyy bigger. 🤯
I think the "big" reason is the display goes to the edge more...

I mentioned, maybe earlier in this thread or some other, that I could have sworn a WatchOS update actually made the watch face shrink a bit...ie some conspiracy by Apple to make it appear that the S7 while only 1mm larger was a lot bigger.

Also that pic is slightly misleading b/c the S7 is a bit closer to the cam as the S6 as it is sitting on the charger....
Also there is a bit of optical illusion going on due to the bands. The S6 has a wider braided loop while the sport loop on the S7 is thinner. That makes the case appear larger than it actually is. Still 1mm is 1mm.

Given that, I do like the larger screen.

Reactions: justywusty

hmorneau

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2016
I’d say yeah, but stainless is nice as well. Sometimes I find stainless is a bit too flashy. The titanium is shiny but muted. Really nice. Also a bit lighter in weight.
You will need to update your signature: "Apple Watch Series 4 44mm SS"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.