Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Do you plan on ordering the new Apple Watch Series 7 (2021) this September?

• Total voters

Davelfc

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2014
Liverpool
I run an AW5 and an AW6 (ss) and if the AW7 suitably impresses then I'll be passing the AW5 to my son and buying the AW7. However just like with the iPhone, I doubt there will be much that improves on what I have already. As I swap watches when they get low on power, battery life isn't that much of an issue.

This doesn't mean I won't buy one of course, although if they do go with the flatter sides then I might skip that as it really doesn't appeal to me.

AttilaTheHun

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2010
USA
Hello all,

Welcome, I am here to share the excitement with you all. It looks like we are exactly 30 days away to place our order's for a brand new re-designed Apple Watch Series 7 (2021). Expecting many of the regulars to come back and place their orders for the new Apple Watch Series 7. Getting this awesome thread started 30 days ahead of the pre-order night. Get ready!!! The countdown has begun!!!

Pre-ordering will start this September!!! Possibly on September 17th, 2021.:)

I will post the tracking links once we get closer to the pre-orders date.

Apple Watch Series 7 latest rumors roundup page: Featured by 9to5mac, Cnet, and Bloomberg

* Expecting a re-design Apple Watch with flatter displays 😍
* Updated screen technology
* Faster processor
* Better battery life
* Maybe future temperature and glucose sensors?
* Hopefully new colors
* Would love the ceramic version to make a comeback!

The new Apple Watch 7 may look something like this...

View attachment 1819749

View attachment 1819751

First timer? Welcome! Please, visit this link: https://www.apple.com/apple-watch-series-6/

Why an Apple Watch? Please, visit this link: https://www.apple.com/apple-watch-series-6/why-apple-watch/

Looking forward to the regulars contributors joining in!!! Welcome Aboard!!!

I plan on pre-ordering the Apple Watch Series 7. Preferably the new color and top-tier level Apple will introduce in the upcoming September event.

Please share your thoughts on which Apple Watch Series 7 model you plan on pre-ordering? What color? What size? What case material? What case finish?

Are you going to upgrade your Apple Watch this year?

-This thread will continue to get updated periodically.
If it looks like a box then i stay with # 6 also i need more health apps sport don't care

IBMlover

macrumors member
May 4, 2021
Austria
I think my Apple Watch 3 is still fine and it will get updates for at least another year. So I probably won't upgrade since I don't need any of the new features. I only use Apple Pay and the unlocking feature with mask. (and of course to read the time ;))

The only annoying thing with my watch is that I have to factory reset it every single time when I want to update because it always tells me there is not enough free memory although I don't have anything installed on the watch...

Phuz01

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
My S6 still shows 100% battery life, easily lasts the day, and is extremely quick. So I’m not sure what would compel me to upgrade, but I guess we’ll see what they offer. Neither a flatter design nor more health sensors are going to do it for me, that’s for sure.

I was shocked that after a year, my battery is still at 99% health. My iPhones have lost 8-10%/year for as long as this metric has been available, and I'm much less likely to let my watch get below 20%, so this is surprising.

Not to mention that the recent WatchOS updates have noticeably increased the battery life on my Series 6. When I got the watch last fall, I was lucky to get 15 hours from a single charge. Now it's double to triple that.

topbin

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2020
UK
I think my Apple Watch 3 is still fine and it will get updates for at least another year. So I probably won't upgrade since I don't need any of the new features. I only use Apple Pay and the unlocking feature with mask. (and of course to read the time ;))

The only annoying thing with my watch is that I have to factory reset it every single time when I want to update because it always tells me there is not enough free memory although I don't have anything installed on the watch...
This is being fixed in this WatchOS - I'm unsure whether you'll need to do one last reset to get the software on. Hopefully not, as my wife has not bothered with any 7.x updates since having to do it once.

Phuz01

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
I hope this means they're fixing all the memory issues with Apple Watch with the next OS iteration. I keep getting the out of space message for music, even though I have 13GB free. Also, the 45mm screen is enticing; as my reading vision is getting worse, having more real estate on the wrist is becoming a necessity.

This is probably one of the best rumor we have heard so far about the Apple Watch. Bigger screen is always welcome.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm unsure ...

I personally not liking the hard-edge/block design of the S7 shown in leaks. Hard sharp edges are more prown to accepting dings/dents from impacts. Shower soap-dish as an example has twice dinged and dented my S3-S4 Nike+ models).

Not much features known - most I'll get via WatchOS any way on my S6. I think I'll just get a mesh loop in black and skip this year. Unless a verifiable 25% battery life improvement WITH AOD is reported by others i"ll pass.

Besides I gotta hold out my cash for 14" MBP for me, MBA M1 for my sister in 6 days (BDay gift) and 13 mini / Pro.

LlamaLarry

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2008
Northern VA
I've been a Fitbit user since the infamous Force (now I hve a Versa 2 and my wife has the Sense) and keep holding back on switching to AW. I bought my wife an AW Series 1 when they came out and it just wasn't worth it for her at the time compared to what she was missing from our Fitbits. I would definitely miss the automatic sleep tracking, SpO2 tracking, long battery life (maybe charge it once or twice a week while I shower) and the collaborative fitness goals and games. That being said, the second AW comes with the ability to track blood glucose I am in for both my wife and I.

bluespark

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
I'm willing to bet in person, and in daily use these flat design's may not look so good - after all our wrists are not square. The leaked S7 design looks far too blocked.
We've been seeing speculative renders rather than a leaked design, but I nevertheless share your concern that the S7 may not be as good as the prior look. I would *really* like to buy one, so I hope I'm wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.