Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Do you plan on ordering the new Apple Watch Series 7 (2021) this September?

• Total voters

limesmoothie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
I think I will switch this time, if only for a silver model (went with the blue last time).

The increased size rumour is interesting, I don't want to go full 44mm, so any small increase on the 40mm is welcome.

Not convinced by the flat edge renders at the moment, keen to see what it looks like in reality. Although this could be my excuse to get an SE model and save a few quid.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
Sitting on the space black series 4 at the moment but if there is a redesign I will get the series 7 in a heartbeat. Quite fancy going back to stainless steel this time.

Sitting on the space black series 4 at the moment but if there is a redesign I will get the series 7 in a heartbeat. Quite fancy going back to stainless steel this time.
I do miss the elegant space black. I'm 100% we are getting a newly re-design Apple watch. It is time.

I wish Apple could release a Space Black Ceramic Watch. That would be awesome.

Reactions: LFC2020

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
I do miss the elegant space black. I'm 100% we are getting a newly re-design Apple watch. It is time.

I wish Apple could release a Space Black Ceramic Watch. That would be awesome.

🤣 it is time for me also! Love your confidence. I had the series 0 and it’s crazy how slow and unresponsive that watch went in such a small amount of time. Series 4 still holds up really well, no real reason to upgrade but a redesign will force my hand.

🤣 it is time for me also! Love your confidence. I had the series 0 and it’s crazy how slow and unresponsive that watch went in such a small amount of time. Series 4 still holds up really well, no real reason to upgrade but a redesign will force my hand.
You're going to love the new Apple Watch. I love the “Always on Feature”. It’s worth spending an extra $ over. Now a new re-design flatter design is coming. It’s only getting better.

Last edited:

Allyance

Contributor
Sep 29, 2017
East Bay, CA
For some reason stainless steel was heavy. I didn't like it one bit. Also, it was prone to scratches :( That's the only reason I did not order the Hermes' watch :(
I have had my SS AW5 in Gold and love it. Do not notice any heaviness, absolutely no scratches. There are alot of larger, heavier chronograph watches that do not appeal to me. I am amazed at all function crammed into such a small foot print.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Does anyone remember what happened last year regarding preorders for the Apple Watch S6?

I vaguely remember you could order straight away after the keynote on a Wednesday? And delivery 1.5 weeks later on the Friday?
I hope they do make it available for immediate order. I find it a pain in the ass trying to order a phone, cases, bands and a watch at the same time because if you order them together to be delivered together then there can be a delay getting recieving all the items if you miss day 1 delivery date for one of the items

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
I hope they do make it available for immediate order. I find it a pain in the ass trying to order a phone, cases, bands and a watch at the same time because if you order them together to be delivered together then there can be a delay getting recieving all the items if you miss day 1 delivery date for one of the items
In past years when I ordered an Apple Watch, iPhone and phone case, they all got delivered in separate packages.

I think Apple opened up a separate Apple Watch pre-ordering due to staggered iPhone launch since iPhone Mini and Pro Max was launched month apart. Also, we’re getting a re-design Apple Watch this year so supplies will be limited. They wont be available right away.

I have a feeling Apple Watch pre-ordering process will launch around the same time as iPhone. I could be wrong though.

dcell

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2010
This time it is really the time for me to upgrade. Still rocking a Series 0 :cool:. I seriously considered a Series 6 but without a redesign i decided i could wait another year. With all the rumours of a redesign this year it is the time to upgrade.

Reactions: GrandeLatte

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I normally sell my watch just before the keynote to get maximum value but with the news that the series 7 may be delayed, we don’t even know if Apple will announce the series 7 at the keynote in two weeks time

I normally sell my watch just before the keynote to get maximum value but with the news that the series 7 may be delayed, we don’t even know if Apple will announce the series 7 at the keynote in two weeks time
Not sure if it’s all true because same news were report last year and Apple Watch series was not delayed at all. I guess we will find out in 7 days.

Reactions: LFC2020

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Not sure if it’s all true because same news were report last year and Apple Watch series was not delayed at all. I guess we will find out in 7 days.

Not sure about 7 days as the keynote won’t be until the 14th

Matcha

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2021
Sold my S6 SS a month ago, currently using my S0 SS Space Black until the 7 comes out, don't think I'll bother with SS again though...
I was thinking of going SS this time around, but still on the edge about it.
I'm curious why you're not going SS again this time?

Fried_Gold

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
I was thinking of going SS this time around, but still on the edge about it.
I'm curious why you're not going SS again this time?
The build quality is nice but after owning a SS S0 S4 S6 I don't think it's worth it anymore, I have had a few aluminium models over the years as well.

Reactions: Matcha

Fried_Gold

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
As a first time buyer, my fear is the durability of the aluminum, and scratches on the display. Are you getting aluminum this time around?
Yeah most likely, I've had them in the past and it's true the screen scratches easier than sapphire, I'd be worried if that wasn't the case though.

Reactions: webbuzz

Phuz01

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
As a first time buyer, my fear is the durability of the aluminum, and scratches on the display. Are you getting aluminum this time around?

The aluminum is plenty durable. Before things shut down, I'd wear my Apple Watch while playing ice hockey (under my glove), and even though I took a few pucks to the wrist, the screen and the casing held up just fine. Thankfully, I never blocked a slap shot with that arm; that might have been a different story.

elykoj

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2012
question? i am a guy but a smaller guy and i have the OG watch series 1. its an aluminum 42mm. I will be getting the new 7 when its released but i am confused on what size to get. I feel the 42 is perfect size but with the new 7 they will be 41 or 44mm. will the 41mm look smaller than my 42? i'm not sure if the 44 will look too big?

Phuz01

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
question? i am a guy but a smaller guy and i have the OG watch series 1. its an aluminum 42mm. I will be getting the new 7 when its released but i am confused on what size to get. I feel the 42 is perfect size but with the new 7 they will be 41 or 44mm. will the 41mm look smaller than my 42? i'm not sure if the 44 will look too big?

Only you can determine what looks/feels too big for your wrist. I believe the bezel is smaller on the newer screens, so you shouldn't lose any screen real estate if you go to the 41. If you're this concerned about appearance, you should probably just wait until you can go to an Apple store and try each size before deciding.

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
I want to upgrade my launch day 44mm Aluminum S4, but I’m not going to upgrade my 12 Pro Max from iOS 14.1, until more information is out regarding the CSAM, so I’ll be waiting a couple months to upgrade. I don’t want to order it and not use it right away. I have to charge my S4 twice a day now.
Your going to need to upgrade as the S7 will come with watch os8 pre installed and will need your phone on IOS15 to connect

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.