Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Do you plan on ordering the new Apple Watch Series 7 (2021) this September?

• Total voters

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
maybe expecting a october release once the kinks are worked out to incooperate the blood pressure sensors?
Bloomberg has previously reported that this means the Apple Watch Series 7 will come with new exclusive watch faces. We aren’t expecting any new health sensors this year, though, with Apple instead focusing on the new design and larger displays.

Also in today’s newsletter, Gurman doubles down on the Apple Watch Series 7 not featuring support for blood pressure monitoring. This comes after a report from Nikkei erroneously suggested that the technology was coming this year.

Expecting the invites to go out very shortly!!! I'm so excited.

Update: It's been confirmed and it's out. So stoked!

1631086906933.png

Last edited:
Reactions: LFC2020

Norre8

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2018
Anyone debating going down in size 41mm vs 45mm? The 40mm (wife's) look so small, but 45mm seemed huge for a smaller (7in) wrist.

Thoughts?

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Anyone debating going down in size 41mm vs 45mm? The 40mm (wife's) look so small, but 45mm seemed huge for a smaller (7in) wrist.

Thoughts?

If you're okay with 44mm, I don't think the extra 1mm on the 45mm would make such a drastic difference in chassis size particularly if Apple's reducing the bezels.

Mind, I've got a 6.5in wrist and I prefer the 40mm.

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016

Thoughts?

I have an SE in 44mm but if I go with a S7 I'm strongly considering the 41mm. I have a small wrist. I like the real estate on the 44mm but the 41mm might be that perfect sweet spot with more display crammed into a smaller case.

Davidnguyen_89

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2021
can't wait to see the press conference and see what new details are out on the day of. trying to decide if i should get the gsp version only or with both celluar as well. might as well pay the extra money.

I’m selling my S6 today… hopefully the S7 doesn’t get delayed like the rumours or I’ll have no watch and no rings to close for a month
I’m on the longest move streak and will lose that today
Any chance of preorders opening straight after the keynote like last year?
I hope it doesn't I want the pre-orders to start on Friday, lol. It was a hot mess last year. They will also be available in very limited.

Reactions: LFC2020

D1G1TALR0B0T

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
I’m selling my S6 today… hopefully the S7 doesn’t get delayed like the rumours or I’ll have no watch and no rings to close for a month
It would be great if pre-orders were early this year. News/rumours are pointing to low stock, if this is true I wonder if that would effect when pre-orders are taken...

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
What does everyone think the new Apple Watch line up will be?

My take would be:

Series 7 – Aluminium, Nike+, stainless steel, Hermes, titanium/Edition – New case design
Series 6 – Aluminium – Last gen case design, at reduced price
SE – Aluminium – Low budget model replacing S3, at reduced price

D1G1TALR0B0T

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
What does everyone think the new Apple Watch line up will be?

My take would be:

Series 7 – Aluminium, Nike+, stainless steel, Hermes, titanium/Edition – New case design
Series 6 – Aluminium – Last gen case design, at reduced price
SE – Aluminium – Low budget model replacing S3, at reduced price
I'm not sure they would keep the Series 6. I could see them replacing the Series 3 with the Series 4 or 5. Whatever they do we will find out soon. :)

Norre8

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2018
How much did you sell your 6 for?

Reactions: Boardiesboi

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
How soon does Apple show trade in values for current gen watches? I plan on upgrading our two 6s to the 7 and just want to do apple trade in since it’s easier.

Really hope they have a red 7 and the existing watch bands fit!!

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015
I was excited to upgrade my series 5 but the more I think about it unless there’s some major battery life improvements like 3+ days I’m not upgrading.

I absolutely love my  watch but it’s ridiculous the battery life has largely stayed the same since the first generation.

gettycb

Suspended
Sep 11, 2021
I was excited to upgrade my series 5 but the more I think about it unless there’s some major battery life improvements like 3+ days I’m not upgrading.

I absolutely love my  watch but it’s ridiculous the battery life has largely stayed the same since the first generation.
GUESS THEY ARE ALL THE SAME LOL

The 12th Man

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
From years past, would ordering a Watch with the custom “Create Your Style” method on Apple’s site delay your preorder at all? If so, I’d likely just go for a standard config. then.

The 12th Man

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
YOU CAN PRETTY MUCH CONFIGURE IT LATER
Oh I know, I’ve accumulated a handful of bands over the past 6+ years. I was thinking of ordering a Leather Link with my aluminum model, which would only cost me $49 more, instead of $99 if i were to buy it after the fact.

And I totally forgot about the preorder situation last year. Definitely an unconventional release, but it’s possible it happens again. I’ll be prepped and ready on Tuesday, just in case!

Oh I know, I’ve accumulated a handful of bands over the past 6+ years. I was thinking of ordering a Leather Link with my aluminum model, which would only cost me $49 more, instead of $99 if i were to buy it after the fact.

And I totally forgot about the preorder situation last year. Definitely an unconventional release, but it’s possible it happens again. I’ll be prepped and ready on Tuesday, just in case!
I have a feeling Apple Watch orders will begin on September 17th, along with an iPhone launch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.