Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Do you plan on ordering the new Apple Watch Series 7 (2021) this September?

• Total voters

slyronit

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2020
I really hope they improve the battery life on the new watch to 1 day with average usage & 2 days with sparse usage. There has been absolutely 0 improvements in this regards in 6 generations. I miss 2 hours of stand everyday because the watch is always on charge. I go on 2 runs with GPS and it just kills the battery.

YaShiMo

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2019
I currently own a SS Series 4, was really hyped about the upcoming S7, and was ready to preorder, but if the latest rumors about the design not changing are true, I will probably hold off upgrading for another year. Also the lack of new sensors.... the only thing I'd be upgrading for at this point, would be the Always on display. Not really worth it. Let's see..

Same here! I have a S4 SBSS along with my first watch, Series 2 and I’ve held back on upgrading these past couple of years because there wasn’t any significant changes. This too would be reason for me to wait it out another year. I hope the rumors are wrong.

slyronit

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2020
I currently own a SS Series 4, was really hyped about the upcoming S7, and was ready to preorder, but if the latest rumors about the design not changing are true, I will probably hold off upgrading for another year. Also the lack of new sensors.... the only thing I'd be upgrading for at this point, would be the Always on display. Not really worth it. Let's see..
If the design doesn’t change and there are no new sensors, how will S7 be different from S6? I am pretty sure these rumours are nonsense.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
I’m guessing that 4 would probably come back in rotation and become what the 3 currently is. Especially since it doesn’t have AOD.
Highly unlikely IMO. Probably just push the SE down a tier or $50 off current price and let it replace the S3.

If S3 is still around by tomorrow , then there's something wrong with Apple LOL

Roughly about 9 hours left. Can't wait for a new re-designed Apple Watch Series #7 :)

1631606143519.png

Davidnguyen_89

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2021
cant wait to see what the apple watch has in store. will see how everyones reactions on youtube if they preorder or purchase before making a deciding

luapre

macrumors member
May 29, 2021
Coming from an S3, this will be my first time that I know I will pre-order the product asap, basically no matter what. Any tips on how to best get the pre-order in, especially given the rumoured limited capacity at launch? Many thanks, and hope everybody is not too disappointed with the event tonight.

BimBamSmash

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2020
Not getting the S7. My current finances dictate that I stick with my S3 for another year.
If all goes well and I don't have to face yet another unforeseeable financial setback, I am expecting to get the S8, along with an iPhone 14 next year.

trife

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2012
Coming from an S3, this will be my first time that I know I will pre-order the product asap, basically no matter what. Any tips on how to best get the pre-order in, especially given the rumoured limited capacity at launch? Many thanks, and hope everybody is not too disappointed with the event tonight.

Only advice that I have is to be fast. There's no magic trick here--just gotta be on it when the store comes back up and checkout ASAP.

Good morning wonderful people! It is Tuesday 6:05AM, September 14, 2021 in Las Vegas Nevada. I am expecting to get blown away by Apple today. I hope Apple really surprises us. I think people have been waiting for a re-design Apple Watch for a while now. Can’t wait for the better design, updated screen, battery life and much more. I’m hoping Apple brings back the Ceramic version. Let’s get this day going!!!

1631624940685.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.