Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Do you plan on ordering the new Apple Watch Series 7 (2021) this September?

• Total voters

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Found more from his twitter

Did Apple send “leakers” fake information to weed out the sources?

8300A2C7-F56F-45BC-91B2-57D62E62A7C3.jpeg
B56FF4F8-E970-4640-82FD-7AFEF0BA4D0C.jpeg
B2B67B6D-1601-42FB-9670-5AC8503337BF.jpeg
BFF8E691-BFE8-4825-986E-9865B139F834.jpeg

Last edited:

Newjackboy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2012
Anyone here sold an Apple Watch to music magpie in the uk?
I have secured a really good price for my series 6 44mm blue alum.

What accessories must be included? Are they concerned with the strap? As I have a generic sport loop band with it

Davelfc

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2014
Liverpool
If there’s no new shape, i.e. iPhone 4 style, then I will probably replaced my AW5. (I run 24/7 rotating a 5 with a 6 currently, to get full sleep data)

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Anyone here sold an Apple Watch to music magpie in the uk?
I have secured a really good price for my series 6 44mm blue alum.

What accessories must be included? Are they concerned with the strap? As I have a generic sport loop band with it
Use plunc.com

far better prices normally

Reactions: Phil1975

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002

We‘ll see, but I call BS on this, for many reasons. Too many reliable leakers confirmed the flat edges (Kuo, Gurman). Way too many models/SKUs in this list. But no silver Alu? White Titanium and Ceramic? No way …

We‘ll see, but I call BS on this, for many reasons. Too many reliable leakers confirmed the flat edges (Kuo, Gurman). Way too many models/SKUs in this list. But no silver Alu? White Titanium and Ceramic? No way …
Last report from Gurman is out. We are definitely getting a re-design Apple Watch this year.

77D20338-2671-4F17-B0E4-573FC4F571DD.png

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
I hope he is wrong! Really loving the flat design leaks!

PaladinGuy

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
I see no reason why Apple cannot implement the skin temperature sensor this year. That is very old technology, relatively speaking. My Oura ring, along with many other wearables, has no issue with this basic measurement. It would only be skin temperature anyway and not body temperature. That’s not possible from the wrist, at least in my understanding.

Reactions: YaShiMo
I see no reason why Apple cannot implement the skin temperature sensor this year. That is very old technology, relatively speaking. My Oura ring, along with many other wearables, has no issue with this basic measurement. It would only be skin temperature anyway and not body temperature. That’s not possible from the wrist, at least in my understanding.
Good point! But, I'm pretty sure Apple will be able to nail it. Apple's got world-class healthcare engineers working on the upcoming Apple Watch. Apple Watch is the best in the market.

Reactions: LFC2020

MrMacintoshIII

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2019
I’m on Series 6 and will be upgrading to a Series 7 as soon as preorders go live. Probably silver stainless, to be flashy while I still have the time.
And because I’m tired of light nicks and abrasions on the aluminum model screens. I’ve had too many models of the Apple Watch to count now, and it has quickly become my favorite Apple product.

For the time being I am going to be yearly or every other year selling my old watch and getting the latest and greatest.

Even if only quality of life features are added, I’ve found it to be worth the upgrade, like the Series 5 with Always On being the main new thing. Series 6 was nice for the new chip to keep everything responsive. Now my most anticipated feature is yet another new chip in the Series 7 to keep everything lightning quick. It is so important that a wrist device be responsive, for many various reasons. I never want to go back to the slow days of the Series 0-5. Series 6 is where I finally started to stop noticing even the slightest of hiccups during intense usage.

A better and faster set of network and Bluetooth connectivity chips is also always appreciated. It really makes the difference for those who employ the LTE features of the Watch without the iPhone at times, and getting onto the cellular network right away instead of having to wait minutes for it to switch over like back in the days of the S3.

People like to wave these things, these ‘small upgrades’, away, but I suspect they’ve never delved into even more than 20% of what the Apple Watch is capable of.

Every upgrade has counted greatly so far since the Watch first launched. As far as I can see we’ve been in the golden period for a while now where each new Series upgrade for the most part feels like a greater upgrade than the last. Can’t wait to see what the Series 7 is bringing.

Last edited:

baking soda

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2020
Italy
I currently own a SS Series 4, was really hyped about the upcoming S7, and was ready to preorder, but if the latest rumors about the design not changing are true, I will probably hold off upgrading for another year. Also the lack of new sensors.... the only thing I'd be upgrading for at this point, would be the Always on display. Not really worth it. Let's see..

MrMacintoshIII

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2019
I currently own a SS Series 4, was really hyped about the upcoming S7, and was ready to preorder, but if the latest rumors about the design not changing are true, I will probably hold off upgrading for another year. Also the lack of new sensors.... the only thing I'd be upgrading for at this point, would be the Always on display. Not really worth it. Let's see..
The design is changing. There will be exclusive faces, and the mm’s are upping from 40 and 44 to 41 and 45. This is happening because the screen size is literally changing, as well as being made able to go closer to the screen (among many other display changes), and there will be exclusive faces only best possible on the Series 7, and so limited to it. The improved speaker grille on left rumor is also probably true, and counts to me as a redesign. There are rumors that the new design is not as ugly as we’ve been seeing thus far, but instead is actually an even more refined version of what we’ve had since the Series 4 now.

To put it simply, it’s quite possible the Series 7 is the beginning of Era 3 for the Apple Watch. Era 1 being Series 0 through Series 3. Era 2 obviously being Series 4 through 6.

I’m not sure why it wouldn’t count as a major redesign when the mm’s of the bands are changing which has literally only happened once so far in Apple Watch’s history.

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
Greetings, so I’ve had a long think about it all and so far, unless the event reveals otherwise, based on the rumours that this year there will be no Apple Watch Edition + the focus will be on the redesign rather than any new health capabilities/sensors, then I’ll hang on to my Titanium Series 6 Edition for now.

Have lately really appreciated the Titanium a lot how it is and don’t want to part with it just yet when its very likely its about to become a thing of the past, but lets see what Apple announces.

Greetings, so I’ve had a long think about it all and so far, unless the event reveals otherwise, based on the rumours that this year there will be no Apple Watch Edition + the focus will be on the redesign rather than any new health capabilities/sensors, then I’ll hang on to my Titanium Series 6 Edition for now.

Have lately really appreciated the Titanium a lot how it is and don’t want to part with it just yet when its very likely its about to become a thing of the past, but lets see what Apple announces.
I hope Titanium doesn't get discontinued. Also, I think Apple will not discontinue the Titanium models because Apple is going to be releasing new iPhone 14 in a Titanium frame next year. Therefore, it will most likely stay. I just want Apple introduce new colors in a Titanium frame.

MrMacintoshIII

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2019

What have you grown to appreciate about the Titanium and which color did you have? I can’t decide between Titanium and Stainless Steel.

Reactions: Arcontia

Mr. Y

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
I agree. Same SS Series 4 and the change in form factor is a plus, but without anything else I’m hesitant. If temperature check alone is pushed back a year that means other medical apps are too. Not that I’m itching for temp., blood pressure, hydration or blood glucose, but their inclusion (one or more) would be an additional push over the edge to say “order this one” as opposed to waiting for a Series 8 or later (which according to some reports will have some or more of these features).

AreYouIn?

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
I just moved my mom to my cellular series 4 since I just realized (not sure how I missed it) that it does fall detection. I had already disabled my cellular plan as I didn't use it. I had her on a series 3 that way if she fell while she was out to left her phone home she wasn't without some way to call someone. So now I'm using her 3 and she is happy with the massive (to her) upgrade. I'll either get a series 6 on the cheap or more likely a series 7 gps only. Either way I can't wait for the event tomorrow. Just happened to fall on my week of scheduled vacation too so I don't even have to work while watching.

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
What have you grown to appreciate about the Titanium and which color did you have? I can’t decide between Titanium and Stainless Steel.
So I have the Natural Titanium (silver) :)

There’s a lot that I really like about it that for me at the moment, besides craving Ceramic, makes it hard to switch to another material:

- Noticeably lighter on the wrist compared to Stainless Steel - this is really appreciable for me as someone with small wrists and also makes it much better for going for runs / other exercise while wearing the watch.

- The brushed finish (as pictured below) gives a very arty, understated unique look. Although Natural Titanium is prone to scratches, it blends well with the brushed finish. The material itself is also for sure the most durable - with Ceramic its flipped, its scratch proof but unfortunately prone to shattering if you aren’t careful.

- Titanium looks somewhere halfway in between Aluminium and Stainless Steel depending on the lighting so it feels like you get two materials in one

- As Titanium is part of the Apple Watch Edition Collection, it comes with an extra year of free warranty and an exclusive Light Grey Sport Band (as pictured below), in addition to whatever band you choose with the watch. If you buy AppleCare for an Edition Watch, the cost is a bit higher but then it goes for three years instead of two.

(Excuse the purple light shining onto it from the right)

315A5AC4-D576-4C51-A580-1B7BE0695C8E.jpeg

102F45C9-1508-4FF6-A9D2-33655CF8603E.jpeg

Titanium has held up very well over the last year and would 100% recommend it to anyone thinking about it :)

Last edited:

Metrosey

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2019
So I have the Natural Titanium (silver) :)

There’s a lot that I really like about it that for me at the moment, besides craving Ceramic, makes it hard to switch to another material:

- Noticeably lighter on the waist compared to Stainless Steel - this is really appreciable for me as someone with small wrists and also makes it much better for going for runs / other exercise while wearing the watch.

- The brushed finish (as pictured below) gives a very arty, understated unique look. Although Natural Titanium is prone to scratches, it blends well with the brushed finish. The material itself is also for sure the most durable - with Ceramic its flipped, its scratch proof but unfortunately prone to shattering if you aren’t careful.

- Titanium looks somewhere halfway in between Aluminium and Stainless Steel depending on the lighting so it feels like you get two materials in one

- As Titanium is part of the Apple Watch Edition Collection, it comes with an extra year of free warranty and an exclusive Light Grey Sport Band (as pictured below)

(Excuse the purple light shining onto it from the right)

View attachment 1830481

View attachment 1830489

Titanium has held up very well over the last year and would 100% recommend it to anyone thinking about it :)
For myself, it’s the question of Titanium Black or Natural. I’m thinking the black with a dark brown leather strap.

Reactions: Phil1975

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
For myself, it’s the question of Titanium Black or Natural. I’m thinking the black with a dark brown leather strap.

It’s a simple matter of whichever one you prefer - however for me, I had to lean more to the natural Titanium partially because my selection of watch bands (mostly bright, pastel colours in Sport Bands and Loops) went much better with the lighter coloured Natural Titanium vs how they looked with the Space Black, but each to their own :)

Space Black Titanium has an advantage however in having a layer of DLC coating - its fully scratch resistant!

Reactions: Metrosey

xenoako

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2021
I fly tomorrow and once at DC go straight to a meeting that I co-chair.
At what time EST and where do I go to see if the AW sales start that same day?
I know sales will be live on the Apple web, but I wish I could get 30 minutes to know options if pre-orders start tomorrow.

Bobout

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2017
Apple Valley
I fly tomorrow and once at DC go straight to a meeting that I co-chair.
At what time EST and where do I go to see if the AW sales start that same day?
I know sales will be live on the Apple web, but I wish I could get 30 minutes to know options if pre-orders start tomorrow.
I highly doubt preorders will be tomorrow for the watch in my opinion.. may not even be this Friday with all the speculation of production issues they had a few weeks back that was reported ..

Reactions: Agile55

Bobout

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2017
Apple Valley
Hard decision to upgrade to the 7 when I already have a 6 .. flat design with bigger screen worth the upgrade?? We will see what tomorrow brings. ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.