Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Do you plan on ordering the new Apple Watch Series 7 (2021) this September?

• Total voters

dcell

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2010
I just hope my bands from my Series 6 are compatible with the 7
there are some worrying rumors about that

• Sad
Reactions: Matcha

It may be true because how can previous bands fit with an updated bigger screen ratio? it's just not ergonomically possible. Remember the time when Apple was transitioning from 30-pin cable to light-port USB-C. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not true.

Reactions: LFC2020

dcell

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2010
It may be true because how can previous bands fit with an updated bigger screen ratio? it's just not ergonomically possible. Remember the time when Apple was transitioning from 30-pin cable to light-port USB-C. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not true.
We'll see. Perhaps the old bands do fit but the ergonomically it is not optimal.

Just like using the previous Magic Keyboard for the iPad Pro 12.9 inch 2021. It can be used but because of the slight thickness difference the keyboard cannot lay fully flat when closed.

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
That "rumor" about the band size changing is sketchy at best...and refuted in the 9to5Mac article linked above.

"There’s been chatter that watch band availability has shrunk at Apple Stores leading employees to speculate that bands won’t fit the new watches. The band shortage tends to happen every year around this time. The colors Apple currently offers will go out of style when the next slate of bands are unveiled. It wouldn’t make sense for Apple to continue manufacturing them."

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
There is one rumour claiming this … based on a casual remark by a random Apple Store employee … i.e. the worst possible source for something like this.

It may be true because how can previous bands fit with an updated bigger screen ratio? it's just not ergonomically possible.
Apple Watch went from 38/42 to 40/44 before … and all older bands still fit.

That "rumor" about the band size changing is sketchy at best...and refuted in the 9to5Mac article linked above.
Exactly.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
* Maybe future temperature and glucose sensors?

Please share your thoughts on which Apple Watch Series 7 model you plan on pre-ordering? What color? What size? What case material? What case finish?

Are you going to upgrade your Apple Watch this year?

I just ordered the AW Series 6 ($250 Product Red) from Best Buy today but if Apple can get non-invasive glucose sensors working (more frequent monitoring without the need for fingersticks), then the Series 7 would be a day one pre-order for me. Alas, I doubt they'll have that working this soon.

On the off chance they do have working glucose sensors though, I'll probably buy 3-4 (for mom, dad, and day+night for me). Whatever the cheapest model that has this feature works for us.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
renders of new aluminium series 7 watches posted on twitter

1630703807086.png

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
I know. That’s why I’m not upgrading the iOS on my 12 Pro Max so I can’t get the S7 until I do.
you can also turn of that CSAM btw, if you disable icloud photos it also disables that. all it's going to even do is blur photos if it finds it to be against it.

1CaesaR1

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2020
renders of new aluminium series 7 watches posted on twitter

View attachment 1826883

I will be surprised if they continue to bring the red version. It seems like the worst seller and goes on sale very routinely (right now it is at $249 for 40 MM) which makes me think they have a hard time moving it. I also tried to sell a 40 MM version locally and was barely able to get $200.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
you can also turn of that CSAM btw, if you disable icloud photos it also disables that. all it's going to even do is blur photos if it finds it to be against it.

I know. More than likely I’m still going to use iCloud photos while I’m on iOS 14 until I back them up to my PC and my portable hard drive.

tomtattoo

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2013
Berlin
I was sure to order the 7 and after seeing a screenshot with two big complications on one screen I´m surer than sure to get the new watch.

Reactions: Matcha

Matcha

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2021
I was sure to order the 7 and after seeing a screenshot with two big complications on one screen I´m surer than sure to get the new watch.
That sounds great! I was going to get the series 6 but I’m definitely going to wait for the 7. Watch faces are the reason I like the Apple Watch

Reactions: LFC2020 and webbuzz
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.