Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Do you plan on ordering the new Apple Watch Series 7 (2021) this September?

• Total voters

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
About five days ago, the FedEx website gave me an expected delivery date of December 1 (tomorrow), but this morning it changed to "Scheduled delivery: Pending."

The shipment got stuck in Memphis, TN two days ago and is still there awaiting clearance. So much for being delivered tomorrow...sigh...

This is a stainless steel 41mm watch, btw. Ordered October 29.

Stuff in the Memphis hub overnights to wherever the desitnation is. I am in Buffalo NY, and stuff from Mephis usually doesn't even depart by air until 4AM the day of delivery. So you could still get it.

Reactions: racostaf

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Mine’s still sitting in Memphis TN day 2. But I do have the scan for Clearance in progress since 3:43 am. originally fedex tracking said it will get here Friday. Fingers crossed if it could come tomorrow lol.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Mine’s still sitting in Memphis TN day 2. But I do have the scan for Clearance in progress since 3:43 am. originally fedex tracking said it will get here Friday. Fingers crossed if it could come tomorrow lol.

I never had an Apple item not arrive before the expected dates - until now. I'm Dec 1-8 and at this rate, it may not even reach me by Dec 8.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I never had an Apple item not arrive before the expected dates - until now. I'm Dec 1-8 and at this rate, it may not even reach me by Dec 8.
Yea. When I ordered the SBTi on 11/24 I was given with the 12/14 - 12/21 Estimated delivery date. I was actually surprised how it went to PFS the next day and on 11/26/21 I already got the shipped e-mail from Apple. I also got an e-mail from Fedex Delivery manager as I have an account and tells me that I have an incoming package from Shanghai, CN (Which I knew was the apple watch).

IT still amazes how how some items can stay longer. I mean I ordered the apple polishing cloth in October But it was stuck in PFS for like 3-4 weeks then got charged and I got the cloth delivered to me on 11/26/21. I was given the 12/3 - 10 when I had originally ordered it.

justywusty

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
I’m still impatiently waiting for one of these to see some sort of change…the top one was ordered Nov 21 and the bottom one was ordered Nov 18.

AF738129-27E7-4182-9655-FF3F3272B578.jpeg

The one I think I actually want is the leather link one with the further out date. But new orders right now for the exact same config have dates of Dec 17-21, so I assume that original date is quite off.

fixpoint

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2021
Like you, I’ve always received delivery before expected dates, but I’m not confident this time. I placed my SBSS order on Nov 15 and was given Dec 1 - 8 for delivery. The order hasn’t progressed beyond “Processing”.

Reactions: justywusty

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
You can do exactly that through the Apple Store. Just scroll down to "Apple Watch Studio".
True. The issue, at least for the S7 pre-order, was that on the Apple Store app it allowed you to pick discontinued bands, which then showed the delivery date as 'unavailable'

For the Al and SS watches at a minute past 8:00am (eastern) you might think there is an actual error and pick a different band. But with the Ti watches there was real concern that pre-order inventory would be constrained more that usual.

That is what happened to me, I picked 3 different bands; delivery date 'unavailable' only to realize (too late) that they were discontinued colors.

I gave up after the third band and about an hour later is when I realized I was picking the discontinued bands. By that time delivery was pushed out a month.

Reactions: justywusty

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Stuff in the Memphis hub overnights to wherever the desitnation is. I am in Buffalo NY, and stuff from Mephis usually doesn't even depart by air until 4AM the day of delivery. So you could still get it.
Alas, today it now shows "Clearance delay - Import" and stuck in TN...and still shows the delivery date as pending. :::SIGH:::

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Seven days "preparing for shipment". Which indicates to me that it's not really ready for shipment. Apple's system is screwed up. For a while, it told me my iPad Mini was out for shipment, when I picked it up a week earlier.

Ed75890

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2021
United States
Anyone else having there Apple Watch order pushed back? I ordered one on Oct 15 with the delivery date of Nov 26-Dec 3rd now today it shows up Delivery Date for Jan 18. The order status has been stuck at preparing to ship since Nov 19.

Apple Watch Series 7 GPS + Cellular, 45mm Graphite Stainless Steel Case with English Lavender Sport Band - Regular

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Anyone else having there Apple Watch order pushed back? I ordered one on Oct 15 with the delivery date of Nov 26-Dec 3rd now today it shows up Delivery Date for Jan 18. The order status has been stuck at preparing to ship since Nov 19.

Apple Watch Series 7 GPS + Cellular, 45mm Graphite Stainless Steel Case with English Lavender Sport Band - Regular
Have you called apple about this? It seems like you ordered the band that is discontinued. Which I don't understand why they will still listed it on the site. I think this is why some were having issues with delays because the band is discontinued.

But if it's already preparing to ship, then they likely have one and you took to last one maybe? lol

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 19.06.02.png

Ed75890

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2021
United States
Have you called apple about this? It seems like you ordered the band that is discontinued. Which I don't understand why they will still listed it on the site. I think this is why some were having issues with delays because the band is discontinued.

But if it's already preparing to ship, then they likely have one and you took to last one maybe? lol

View attachment 1921634
When I ordered it back on Oct 15 it was still in stock so I was able to add it to the Bag and purchase it now that I check you can't add it anymore. 3 Days after the status went to Preparing to ship I saw my local Apple Store had it in store but the cancel button is gone since it's preparing to ship. I chatted with Apple Support through iMessage and they told there not allowed to cancel it since it's preparing to ship apparently

Last edited:

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
When I ordered it back on Oct 15 it was still in stock so I was able to add it to the Bag and purchase it now that I check you can add it anymore. 3 Days after the status went to Preparing to ship I saw my local Apple Store had it in store but the cancel button is gone since it's preparing to ship. I chatted with Apple Support through iMessage and they told there not allowed to cancel it since it's preparing to ship apparently
I see. It's greyed out too. it won't let you even add that to the cart lol. Yea Apple store that is 1 hour 18 minute away from me has this exact one available for pick up but other stores around the radius I live in does not.

This is one reason why I wished Apple would change it and allow customers to just order the watch only and band separate.

Ed75890

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2021
United States
I see. It's greyed out too. it won't let you even add that to the cart lol. Yea Apple store that is 1 hour 18 minute away from me has this exact one available for pick up but other stores around the radius I live in does not.

This is one reason why I wished Apple would change it and allow customers to just order the watch only and band separate.
Yeah it's greyed out now before it wasnt

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.