Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Do you plan on ordering the new Apple Watch Series 7 (2021) this September?

• Total voters

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Still sitting in "Preparing to Ship" for a week now and no UPS label created. Anyone know how long it typically is in that state?

I'm preparing to ship for since Wednesday, three days now. In the past, I've seen typically 3-5 days.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Got my tracking number and got an email that its shipped early this morning. That was fast. Sadly its Fedex.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Also not to mention Fedex has been going downhill lately from my experience. I've sent a few returns to apple (different product), They still got their on promised delivery date . but their scanning really sucks.

On top of that, on the day of delivery, there's always this weird scans. Especially at Mt. Juliet, TN fedex facility. You get either business closed will attempt next day, or you get the future delivery requested. But still on the vehicle for delivery and still gets delivered but it's just odd those weird scan pops up.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Fedex tracking indicates that my SBTi 45 mm will be delivered this Friday. I hope that do be the case. Original estimates deliver date i was given when i ordered it said December 14-21. Definitely beats that

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Fedex tracking indicates that my SBTi 45 mm will be delivered this Friday. I hope that do be the case. Original estimates deliver date i was given when i ordered it said December 14-21. Definitely beats that

I've been preparing to ship since Wednesday.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Ordered on 11/24/21 with the 12/14 to 12-21 Estimated Date. Next day my card gets charged and status change to Preparing for shipment. e-mail from Apple that it is shipped on 11/26/21. It's going through Fedex and currently my Watch is in Memphis, TN. still needs to go through customs. Deliveries app is staying it would be delivered this Friday.

Watch I ordered is the SBTi 45 mm

• Wow
Reactions: justywusty

justywusty

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Ordered on 11/24/21 with the 12/14 to 12-21 Estimated Date. Next day my card gets charged and status change to Preparing for shipment. e-mail from Apple that it is shipped on 11/26/21. It's going through Fedex and currently my Watch is in Memphis, TN. still needs to go through customs. Deliveries app is staying it would be delivered this Friday.

Wow that’s a fast turnaround. Congrats!

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010

Same watch as you, but five days now on preparing to ship.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
It’s weird. I wonder if it’s the band. I choose the solo loop as the band.

I used the stock sport loop tornado gray. (didn't care, I have my own bands)

I wish Apple would stop pairing bands to watches and let you buy the watch alone. Especially the Titanium, which has a basic band already included in the box. Forcing you to pair a band means you are getting two bands. What's the point?

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I used the stock sport loop tornado gray. (didn't care, I have my own bands)

I wish Apple would stop pairing bands to watches and let you buy the watch alone. Especially the Titanium, which has a basic band already included in the box. Forcing you to pair a band means you are getting two bands. What's the point?
Yea I used stock sport loop (abyss Blue) as well.

I agree. I even told Apple store employee's that they should send this info to Apple headquarters that Apple should not be selling a watch with the bands together. Rather they should sell it separately. For aluminum and ss watches, they always add an empty box inside the packaging (spacer). Because once you choose a band, the band is then replaced in that spacer. Not sure how that works for deliveries. But for in-store pick up at an apple store, they remove that spacer and replace it with the actual band you ordered with.

I really hope that in the future, Apple will sell the watch as a standalone without the band. I for one don't use those bands at all and moment I get them they stay unopened. I only unbox the watch and that's it.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
Yea I used stock sport loop (abyss Blue) as well.

I agree. I even told Apple store employee's that they should send this info to Apple headquarters that Apple should not be selling a watch with the bands together. Rather they should sell it separately. For aluminum and ss watches, they always add an empty box inside the packaging (spacer). Because once you choose a band, the band is then replaced in that spacer. Not sure how that works for deliveries. But for in-store pick up at an apple store, they remove that spacer and replace it with the actual band you ordered with.

I really hope that in the future, Apple will sell the watch as a standalone without the band. I for one don't use those bands at all and moment I get them they stay unopened. I only unbox the watch and that's it.
I agree, especially after how much Apple stressed the eco-packaging** of the iPhone 13 (which when I got my phone I did a double take at how small the packaging was). Then you get this humongous packaging for the Apple Watch which one of their smaller products.

Obviously they want to make money (thus the watch/band bundle) but I would (dare say) pay a little more for a watch only option just to get it quicker. I remember when playing around with the configs just after order day that buying a watch with a regular sport band and then purchasing a separate band would deliver quicker than ordering the watch with the desired band.

At least they could do it ship the bands and the watches separately. There is no need for the customized the watch/band in-one packaging.

** "One more thing" - trade-in packaging. So they overnight an empty box to send the device back. They should just engineer the new device's packaging to be used as the send-back package. C'mon Apple, fully embrace the eco-packaging!

maleficent86

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
I was thinking if we could just mix and match so pick the watch you want in any configuration and then pick the band you want to go with it that way it will eliminate the band you don’t want having to sell it or recycle it and you get the exact configuration you want from the beginning.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
About five days ago, the FedEx website gave me an expected delivery date of December 1 (tomorrow), but this morning it changed to "Scheduled delivery: Pending."

The shipment got stuck in Memphis, TN two days ago and is still there awaiting clearance. So much for being delivered tomorrow...sigh...

This is a stainless steel 41mm watch, btw. Ordered October 29.

Reactions: Rafterman

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
I was thinking if we could just mix and match so pick the watch you want in any configuration and then pick the band you want to go with it that way it will eliminate the band you don’t want having to sell it or recycle it and you get the exact configuration you want from the beginning.
You can do exactly that through the Apple Store. Just scroll down to "Apple Watch Studio".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.