Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jason h

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2023
these photos of my ultra ‘rash’ are so perfectly symmetrical it must be related to lights or sensors.

Attachments

• C515BB10-DF31-4487-B5E0-FF79255B58F8.jpeg
    C515BB10-DF31-4487-B5E0-FF79255B58F8.jpeg
    523.8 KB · Views: 137
  • Wow
Reactions: Pezimak

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
My daughter who had the issue with the AW is able to wear the Fitbit watch. She really want the AW and was disappointed that it didn’t work for her. Oh well.

jason h

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2023
‘How is it “so perfect”? Still looks like a skin irritation to me. Look at your AW sensor array and note this irritation does not like up.
look at the three whiteish skin breaks in the close up. can you not see they are “perfectly” symmetrical in spacing???? the question is is the something inside the watch that matches up to this pattern????

jason h

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2023
This is like blaming your shoes for the case of athletes feet (tinea pedis)……….those dang Nikes!………Never had a problem when I wore New Balance LOL ..……Proper Hygiene is your best friend……………
shoes don’t leave exactly spaced “marks”

Attachments

• 7E71A889-C177-4CE1-BD10-B40597C25DFE.png
    7E71A889-C177-4CE1-BD10-B40597C25DFE.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 66
Reactions: Jackbequickly

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
look at the three whiteish skin breaks in the close up. can you not see they are “perfectly” symmetrical in spacing???? the question is is the something inside the watch that matches up to this pattern????

‘None of the lights/sensors line up like the irritations you see in the image. Take your watch off and check for heart rate and see for yourself.

jason h

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2023
They’re not exactly spaced, not even close.
below ive attached an image of that photo and blown it up and drawn on some geometry lines. and measurements.
if you zoom in on this you can easily see the exactness of the three marks are amazingly symmetrical. take notice of the base line at 15.25mm with center line, with two 90degree angles up to top circle with the two sides lines each exactly 13.0 mm and the two lower angles are 53.5 degrees and 54 degrees. that's about as exact as you can get for a quick geometrical analysis with a cheap protractor. your statement is clearly wrong. note: these measurements are completely arbitrary to the scale of my zoom. its just geometry. as far as the responses ive gotten, on there being no sensors in the watch that match this pattern, how do you know about what's inside the watch?
im just putting this out there in the world to get some info.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at 1.47.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at 1.47.49 PM.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 82
Last edited by a moderator:

seadragon

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2009
below ive attached an image of that photo and blown it up and drawn on some geometry lines. and measurements.
if you zoom in on this you can easily see the exactness of the three marks are amazingly symmetrical. take notice of the base line at 15.25mm with center line, with two 90degree angles up to top circle with the two sides lines each exactly 13.0 mm and the two lower angles are 53.5 degrees and 54 degrees. that's about as exact as you can get for a quick geometrical analysis with a cheap protractor. your statement is clearly wrong. note: these measurements are completely arbitrary to the scale of my zoom. its just geometry. as far as the responses ive gotten, on there being no sensors in the watch that match this pattern, how do you know about what's inside the watch?

Now do the same analysis of the bottom of the Ultra as all sensors are clearly visible. And yes, the measurements are important.

jason h

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2023
Now do the same analysis of the bottom of the Ultra as all sensors are clearly visible. And yes, the measurements are important.
looking at the watch bottom does not tell me what is inside the watch. what is being emitted. looking at the exterior tells me nothing. the measurements are arbitrary to scale. the geometric symmetry does not change. no matter the zoom. as zoom increases the measurements does as well... on paper.

seadragon

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2009

The “pattern” you go on about matches nothing on the watch. The sensors are CLEARLY visible on the watch. Plus this is NOTHING NEW. Google “Apple watch burn”. These random complaints go back years. You have a skin reaction or condition. My Ultra is absolutely fine and I wear it all my waking hours. If this was an issue with the watch, EVERYONE would have “burns”.

Last edited:

jason h

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2023
The “pattern” you go on about matches nothing on the watch. The sensors are CLEARLY visible on the watch. Plus this is NOTHING NEW. Google “Apple watch burn”. These random complaints go back years. You have a skin reaction or condition. My Ultra is absolutely fine and I wear it all my waking hours. If this was an issue with the watch, EVERYONE would have “burns”.
i’m not looking for anything. this appeared on my wrist 24 hours ago. doing a simple google search led me here. here is what we know…. there is a pattern. it exists. it is remarkably symmetrical. i do not know what is inside this watch other than looking at the bottom. obviously no one so far on this forum is interested in my details. or skin history. or how i’m proceeding as i’m concerned. as with many things the vast majority of users will have no skin issues. but people do vary a bit. some might. i’m just looking for answers.

seadragon

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2009
i’m not looking for anything. this appeared on my wrist 24 hours ago. doing a simple google search led me here. here is what we know…. there is a pattern. it exists. it is remarkably symmetrical. i do not know what is inside this watch other than looking at the bottom. obviously no one so far on this forum is interested in my details. or skin history. or how i’m proceeding as i’m concerned. as with many things the vast majority of users will have no skin issues. but people do vary a bit. some might. i’m just looking for answers.

Exactly. Go see your doctor.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Made me take off my AW Ultra. It's got 4 main sensors in a rectangular shape with 4 additional sensors with a + shape.

I started wearing electronic devices back in the day of the simple Fitbit trackers when it could link up to your smartphone (my Note 3).

My first Apple Watch was the AW 3 and since those days I've worn an Apple Watch all day, all night.

Really quick...

I've avoided 3rd party bands because some of the 3rd party bands I bought off of Amazon resulted in a chemical burn to my wrist that took 2-3 weeks to go away.

Hygiene is important. I rinse my watch down and rub it with my thumb every time I exercise and dry it off with a towel. I take my fingernail and run it along the underside of the sensor to keep buildup from occurring along the edges. I wipe the sensor down whenever I charge the watch. If I don't do this - I've had a few cases where the back of my wrist got an irritation (went away after a few days). Water also cannot be allowed to stay or my skin flares up too.

Burning? Most of what I'm seeing is irritation. The AW Ultra is slightly heavier so the watch is pressing more on the skin than the normal AW.

Skin is sensitive. I can't wear rings because if I do I end up getting a red finger (rash/irritation) - no matter what I do. So I end up wearing a silicon ring that is loose to prevent that from happening. My skin likes to breathe.

Just my .02.

BenGoren

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2021
these photos of my ultra ‘rash’ are so perfectly symmetrical it must be related to lights or sensors.

If you show this image to your primary care physician, you’ll likely get an immediate answer. If you show it to a dermatologist, you’ll almost certainly get an answer. Either might want to examine the wound in person, etc., but I don’t think they would need to do so.

I’m not a medical professional, but it sure looks like an infection to me.

No matter what, wash your watch and wrist well with mild soap and water. Apply an antibiotic (such as Neosporin) to the wound and cover it with a bandage. Don’t wear the watch on that wrist until the wound heals.

And have your doctor (nurse practitioner, etc.) examine it, especially immediately it it gets worse. If the whole area gets red and starts to spread, that’s a trip to urgent care if not the emergency room.

You can forget about the sensors, though. They’re not physically capable of doing anything like that.

b&

Hoo Doo Dude

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2010
L
I did the same thing to your original post and none of the distances between the spots are the same. The angles are also different. How many days are you going to post before getting a medical opinion? I’ve had similar wounds and it was always eczema. As has been stated this looks like contact dermatitis. If the watch did it we’d be seeing hundreds or thousands of similar reports. But so far just one.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

jason h

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2023
L

I did the same thing to your original post and none of the distances between the spots are the same. The angles are also different. How many days are you going to post before getting a medical opinion? I’ve had similar wounds and it was always eczema. As has been stated this looks like contact dermatitis. If the watch did it we’d be seeing hundreds or thousands of similar reports. But so far just one.
you are not correct on your geometry drawing... geometry is simple. the image needs to be rotated. look at that hair. I can also send a current photo, details of treatment, whatever. here is the zoomed image photo again for all to see. notice location of the hair.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at 1.47.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at 1.47.49 PM.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 60

Hoo Doo Dude

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2010
I am quite well versed in geometry. And skin conditions. Still not convinced. Sorry to disagree with you but your evidence is unconvincing.

But you can always hire a lawyer and sue Apple. Good luck, I hope you heal quickly.

Last edited:

jason h

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2023
nobody's sueing anyone. this is about geometry, or symmetrical geometry in nature. below see photo of rash directly under watch, this is unaltered original photo, taken 48 hrs ago. second photo will be a zoom in. and third photo still more zoom in. now that were zoomed in we clearly see three areas of broken skin. lets call these point A at 630-700 o'clock as a watch face would be, point B at roughly 1030-1100 o'clock, and point C at about 300 o'clock. then the 4th and last photo rotated so point A is on top. this I zoomed in on my MAC DESKTOP and then printed as big as I could on my printer and drew these sharpie lines on the paper with a protractor and a ruler. enlarge this 4th photo and see these lines showing the geometry. we find an isosceles triangle ACB. line segments or side CA is equal to line segment or side AB. not perfectly but super close considering a crude quick drawing. then, if we take the center of line CB and call this point E (see photo) we have two almost perfect right triangles, ACE & AEB. the large circles defining points A,B and C were established with a poker chip. this is not evidence of anything. this is symmetrical geometry found in nature. like a snowflake. nature is filled with symmetrical geometry. and this is just an amazing example of it. anyone can print out these photos and try this out for themselves. sure, it happened to be located under a watch. ive worn watches for almost 50 years and ive not encountered this. and when I first saw it I was kind of shocked. but I think its simply the symmetry in nature. but one thing is clear, the geometry of this pattern, is symmetrical. I hope to follow up in months to come with outcomes and answers, im photographing this area daily, ive removed my watch to the right side. washing the watch daily, and the skin. ive seen doctors my whole life for skin issues. I do not have eczema or psoriasis but I do suffer from lichen planus.

Attachments

• IMG_5428.jpeg
    IMG_5428.jpeg
    331.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_5427.jpeg
    IMG_5427.jpeg
    526.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_5449.PNG
    IMG_5449.PNG
    3.3 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_5451.jpg
    IMG_5451.jpg
    561.2 KB · Views: 78

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
nobody's sueing anyone. this is about geometry, or symmetrical geometry in nature. below see photo of rash directly under watch, this is unaltered original photo, taken 48 hrs ago. second photo will be a zoom in. and third photo still more zoom in. now that were zoomed in we clearly see three areas of broken skin. lets call these point A at 630-700 o'clock as a watch face would be, point B at roughly 1030-1100 o'clock, and point C at about 300 o'clock. then the 4th and last photo rotated so point A is on top. this I zoomed in on my MAC DESKTOP and then printed as big as I could on my printer and drew these sharpie lines on the paper with a protractor and a ruler. enlarge this 4th photo and see these lines showing the geometry. we find an isosceles triangle ACB. line segments or side CA is equal to line segment or side AB. not perfectly but super close considering a crude quick drawing. then, if we take the center of line CB and call this point E (see photo) we have two almost perfect right triangles, ACE & AEB. the large circles defining points A,B and C were established with a poker chip. this is not evidence of anything. this is symmetrical geometry found in nature. like a snowflake. nature is filled with symmetrical geometry. and this is just an amazing example of it. anyone can print out these photos and try this out for themselves. sure, it happened to be located under a watch. ive worn watches for almost 50 years and ive not encountered this. and when I first saw it I was kind of shocked. but I think its simply the symmetry in nature. but one thing is clear, the geometry of this pattern, is symmetrical. I hope to follow up in months to come with outcomes and answers, im photographing this area daily, ive removed my watch to the right side. washing the watch daily, and the skin. ive seen doctors my whole life for skin issues. I do not have eczema or psoriasis but I do suffer from lichen planus.

All of the above does not convince. I don’t see it. After reading about your medical issues, I understand you have issues. Good Luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.