Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kuietstorm

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2015
Chicago, IL
Nomad Goods makes a nice looking Titatnum link band. There’s also another new-ish brand coming on the scene, but they don’t ship until December.

Awesome. Thank you!

A1MB1G

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2020
Here are some pics…just received my Ultra a few hours ago. Black trail band. The tab, on my wrist does stick up a tad, at one certain angle but it’s so soft, I don’t think it’s height would be an issue.
Thanks for posting those pics. The tab doesn’t stick out as much as I thought but it’s still something I think will just bother me over time.

amealy

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2009
I've been oddly impressed with my ocean band. It looked so clunky and uncomfortable. But I find myself really liking it. I still have the black/gray trail loop on order....but wondering if I even need it? It might be a little slimmer design and lighter, but if I have no complaints about the ocean band, why even bother?

I'm very much a "one band" type person. I've had Milanese loop for my past 2 watches and never swapped the band out.
I ordered with the Trail loop, after trying on the Ocean and Alpine loops at an Apple Store. I still think it’s the most comfortable, lightest, and softest band of all three…

DreamyLucid

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2019
Orange look is beautiful, but not on an Alpine strap. Trust me, I spent 2 hours in the Apple store trying the AWU with EVERY major strap. Orange Alpine strap is actually not a good looking strap, nor is it functional. HOWEVER - it screams the message "hey look at me, I have the new AWU" better than any of the straps.

The orange flap on the trail loop is stunning as it matches the orange accents on the watch. That is what I want, but I absolutely love the new royal blue Nike strap. The 'Just Do It' logo is so nice and subtle - a proper sports strap for a proper sports watch.
I tried at the store too. The hook is something that does not resonate well with me. It is actually quite troublesome to put in and take out.

tivoboy

macrumors 601
May 15, 2005
I tried at the store too. The hook is something that does not resonate well with me. It is actually quite troublesome to put in and take out.
The hook, is something that one can certainly develop the manual dexterity and muscle memory to put on and take off easily and reliability, but yes it is NEW so that takes time to develop both.

I do think that it’s probably one of the more SECURE bands as far as the clasp is concerned.

I will say, I have no problem putting on my own cuff-links, but I know many friends and colleagues who have to ask their spouse to do it for them depending on freqency of use or pre-funking status. YMMV.

The biggest issue I think with the Alpine loop is that the gaps between the ‘links’ is for some either too tight or too loose, so it’s more subjective as far as fit goes than many other bands. Certainly not the sport loops which require I think 10 options for users to be able to find the correct fit.

MartyCan

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2012
Near Toronto, ON
I have one on order here in Toronto with the ocean band midnight colour. Expected between Oct 25th to Nov 1st. They have some in stock with the trail band but that little pull fabric on the end of the strap that you use to pull the band open seems flimsy and sticks up a bit.

can anyone comment on the trail bands and that little pull tab? looks like it sticks up too much instead of being flat and flush with the rest of the band.
I don't have any issues with the loop on the trail band. Mine lies flat and I never really notice it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.