Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fiona FTW

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2022
After a month of Trail Loop drought finally storms (but no floods). My Apple Store pre-order (orig. del. date 10/20) arrives today. My BB order from earlier this week is also now available for p/u. Sadly, neither Target nor Costco have stock yet, as who wouldn‘t want a discount even if it was just $20-30. I‘ll cancel the BB order once I confirm my Apple ordered watch arrives OK.

Starlifter

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
This is really just for information. My AWU arrived yesterday, 2-½ weeks early. I bought the blue/grey trail band and I have a 6" wrist. I also have a S5 & S6 in the 38mm and 40mm sizes. This watch is large, but I've realized I can't think of it as a watch anymore, it's really a computer strapped to my wrist. I love this new display, much easier to interact with and definitely a keeper for me. It's comfortable to wear, no heavier than my other SS AWs. The only face that works for me, given all of the new real-estate is Wayfinder. It's very colorful. I actually thought any face I had would turn red with the crown turn----it does not. I will add one other tidbit. Mine shipped from Carlisle, not China.

Last edited:

wheathin

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
Atlanta, GA
It’s here!!
50cdc69cbd4542e57a60cbd77af60a19.jpg
Looks great!! Is the Trail loop thinner than the sport loop? It's supposed to be the thinnest watch band to date.

I have been going back and forth on whether to get an Ultra or not. Last year, I upgraded from an AW4 to a SS AW7. I've enjoyed the slightly bigger screen and SS over the past year, but wish I would've waited for the Ultra. I finally decided to pull the trigger and get an Ultra. Yes, the resale value of my SS AW7 isn't great, but oh well. I do run and need the battery life, and the design and night vision watch face is so cool! :)

I just decided to get the Ultra this week, Apple had me waiting until Oct 20- 27 so shout out to T5BRICK for the tip on BB having stock. I ordered the Ultra with this same gray/blue trail loop on Wed. 10/5 for a Fri. 10/7 delivery from BB.

foxcrane

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2013
I have 2 Apple Watch ultras coming and this morning both of the shipments have damage reported by ups. Anyone else in the same boat?

613C0E5F-5873-472A-8C25-C156A454E2AF.png

• Wow
Reactions: newellj

Pink2

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2020
Looks great!! Is the Trail loop thinner than the sport loop? It's supposed to be the thinnest watch band to date.

I have been going back and forth on whether to get an Ultra or not. Last year, I upgraded from an AW4 to a SS AW7. I've enjoyed the slightly bigger screen and SS over the past year, but wish I would've waited for the Ultra. I finally decided to pull the trigger and get an Ultra. Yes, the resale value of my SS AW7 isn't great, but oh well. I do run and need the battery life, and the design and night vision watch face is so cool! :)

I just decided to get the Ultra this week, Apple had me waiting until Oct 20- 27 so shout out to T5BRICK for the tip on BB having stock. I ordered the Ultra with this same gray/blue trail loop on Wed. 10/5 for a Fri. 10/7 delivery from BB.

Yes it is thinner and very comfortable. Also easier to adjust. The material around the lugs bends easier and this fits me a lot better - my wrist is just under 6”. So far I love it!!

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
My AWU from Apple arrived yesterday morning. Got it setup and started wearing it around 10:30am. The battery was at 81% after setup. It’s been about 21 hours and my battery is now at 49%. I’m going to enjoy this thing.

Fit seems pretty good too. I have about 7.25” wrist and honestly it doesn’t look much bigger than my 44mm S4. It feels heavier though, so I’ll have to get used to that. Attached a pic, I’m terrible at mirror selfies but you get the idea.

Attachments

• 160CE931-A099-40DB-BEC8-9399B295CDF0.jpeg
    160CE931-A099-40DB-BEC8-9399B295CDF0.jpeg
    572.6 KB · Views: 193

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Apple store near me have the AW Ultra with the trail band in stock today so I'll be picking that one up.

likegadgets

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
US
Apple store near me have the AW Ultra with the trail band in stock today so I'll be picking that one up.
Several Los Angeles area stores have the AW ultra with either the blue/gray or yellow/beige trail bands in stock. (10/08/22) small/medium size only. No large or black trail bands.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Several Los Angeles area stores have the AW ultra with either the blue/gray or yellow/beige trail bands in stock. (10/08/22) small/medium size only. No large or black trail bands.
appears they only received the small/medium of the black/gray or blue/gray. i ended up with the blue/gray.

The size is perfect on my wrist but to get it in is a little tight but doable. I could go with the medium/large but they didn't get it in stock. While you have to return the whole thing for the band switch but Store manager at the apple store I went to said that it is possible with an override. But something they'd like to avoid as possible. I also told the store manager to send a message to apple that in the future to tell apple to sell the watch and band separately. 😂

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Just ordered Apple Watch Ultra with trail loop. Oct 28 to Nov 4th delivery…

Yooo. I just checked my local Apple Store and scored a S/M Black Grey Trail Ultra watch for pick up tomorrow instead of waiting 3 weeks. Woot

The only issue might be the band size but I have a small wrist so I might be ok.

wilberforce

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2020
SF Bay Area
Fit seems pretty good too. I have about 7.25” wrist and honestly it doesn’t look much bigger than my 44mm S4. It feels heavier though, so I’ll have to get used to that. Attached a pic, I’m terrible at mirror selfies but you get the idea.
First person I've seen on whom the Ultra actually looks slightly small (looks good)

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
First person I've seen on whom the Ultra actually looks slightly small (looks good)

I don’t have huge arms, the way you hold your arm when you take the picture makes a difference.

Most people take the picture with the watch facing them, when your arm is rotated and your wrist is narrower because of the position of the bones in your forearm. When it’s facing away, like it is most of the time, it will look more like the picture I posted.

wilberforce

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2020
SF Bay Area
I don’t have huge arms, the way you hold your arm when you take the picture makes a difference.

Most people take the picture with the watch facing them, when your arm is rotated and your wrist is narrower because of the position of the bones in your forearm. When it’s facing away, like it is most of the time, it will look more like the picture I posted.
An excellent observation!!
People should take a photo in a mirror to understand how big the watch looks on them to others

Reactions: T5BRICK

kozz

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2011
This is really just for information. My AWU arrived yesterday, 2-½ weeks early. I bought the blue/grey trail band and I have a 6" wrist. I also have a S5 & S6 in the 38mm and 40mm sizes. This watch is large, but I've realized I can't think of it as a watch anymore, it's really a computer strapped to my wrist. I love this new display, much easier to interact with and definitely a keeper for me. It's comfortable to wear, no heavier than my other SS AWs. The only face that works for me, given all of the new real-estate is Wayfinder. It's very colorful. I actually thought any face I had would turn red with the crown turn----it does not. I will add one other tidbit. Mine shipped from Carlisle, not China.
If only I was as lucky as you! Gratz!

Reactions: Starlifter

Icabod Slipp

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2021
Ordered my Ultra last Tuesday (10/4). I also got an Apple card a day or two before that. The Apple Store gave me the last week of Oct/first of November as my projected delivery date. Potentially dumb question but I'm new to the Apple Card: if I found the watch in stock somewhere else, say Best Buy, could I use the Apple Card and get the same 24 mo. no interest financing? I'm guessing no, but its worth asking.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Ordered my Ultra last Tuesday (10/4). I also got an Apple card a day or two before that. The Apple Store gave me the last week of Oct/first of November as my projected delivery date. Potentially dumb question but I'm new to the Apple Card: if I found the watch in stock somewhere else, say Best Buy, could I use the Apple Card and get the same 24 mo. no interest financing? I'm guessing no, but its worth asking.

The 24 month financing only applies towards purchases from Apple.

Attachments

• 26E1425B-1A6F-48F1-A28E-8674672D03D1.jpeg
    26E1425B-1A6F-48F1-A28E-8674672D03D1.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: Icabod Slipp

crimsontde88

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2018
My AWU with Green Alpine Loop M, with 10/14 to 10/21 ship date still stuck at Processing. Not looking like I'll get it this week.

kozz

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2011
Holy 💩, after yesterdays epoxy resin failure….still cleaning it up…and painting of the patio is in the future now. My local store has the Ultra with M/L trail loop on so I was able to order, heading out to pickup and once in hand will cancel my 17-24 order!

Last edited:

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Yes the aw ultra with the trail band m/l now shows available for pick up. Im going to bring my aw ultra trail s/m band and swap out the band only

Yes it is doable but needs managers override to do so. I even talked to them about it so they will definitely let me switch bands

Reactions: Greatniss

Alhagar

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2015
I saw an Ultra with a m orange alpine band available today at the Brooklyn Apple Store. It’s the first one I’ve seen available for pickup in NY since opening weekend. I have to wait for mine to come from Apple end of October because I had a $45 coupon that could only be used by calling Apple and ordering for delivery.

Greatniss

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2018
Yes the aw ultra with the trail band m/l now shows available for pick up. Im going to bring my aw ultra trail s/m band and swap out the band only

Yes it is doable but needs managers override to do so. I even talked to them about it so they will definitely let me switch bands
I may try and do the same, just now M/L bands showing up in my area lol

scmill

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2018
Spartanburg SC
My Ultra came a couple of hours ago. I had tried on a display model at Verizon before ordering it. Even with my small wrist, it fits me well and is very comfortable. Like my S5, I wear it upside down on my left wrist so that my thumb can press the buttons better.

I’m using my older Sport Loops for now. I don’t care for the orange touches on the new band.
C3540F39-E1F6-473A-BAB6-FC322D2BFADA.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.