Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kozz

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2011
Ugh, my local Apple Store has the alpine loop version in stock, oh why can’t it be the trail loop!

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
Ugh, my local Apple Store has the alpine loop version in stock, oh why can’t it be the trail loop!
If you’re ok with the alpine loop scoop it up! Trail loop availability is about 4-6 weeks out. If you’re ok waiting though, that’s the better thing to do so you don’t waste money on a band you don’t care for lol.

kozz

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2011
If you’re ok with the alpine loop scoop it up! Trail loop availability is about 4-6 weeks out. If you’re ok waiting though, that’s the better thing to do so you don’t waste money on a band you don’t care for lol.
Yeah, I've been thinking about that, came across a review on the Alpine Loop, and the guys biggest con was how the fit is compared to the Trail Loop. The Alpine Loop essentially is like a standard band with notches. So the fit could be perfect too tight or loose, and he liked the adjustability of the Trail Loop...so that made up my mind coupled with the $100 price tag on the Trail Loops couldn't justify having a band that will sit there!

Reactions: shr631

Macalway

macrumors 601
Aug 7, 2013
A bird in the hand.....

How do you know you won't want the Alpine Loop once you get the Trail Loop? Some review?

Plenty of Alpine Loop stock in stores, and waiting seems silly as the wait is rather long.

Last edited:

genekend

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2010
i wantEd the trail loop also but got the alpine. I am happy I did. I like the alpine and it is very safe. Never will accidentally come off. I have ordered some knock on trail loops to try.

ANTAWNM26

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
Bingo got lucky had one in store canceled my order no waiting till 10/28
5c038ac2828726b8d4b56fed9baae0ec.jpg

jlgreer1

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2010
Texas, United States
I have had my AWU for two full days now. It has been operating on my wrist for 48+ hours. The battery status still indicates 47%. Very nice! I expect to put it on the charger when it gets to around 40%.

Reactions: nospleen

LawsMan

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2022
image.jpg

It’s been a busy week, but I just finally got the Ultra all set up! It actually arrived early, on Monday already, with an original delivery date of Sept 29 - Oct 6.

Coming from a series 5 titanium model, I was actually kind of shocked with how much more responsive the Ultra is, and how much better it looks to me. While the display may not be that much larger, between the few extra pixels and the seriously improved brightness, I couldn’t be happier. The buttons feel great to me, and I’m really enjoying the alpine band, I’m just hoping the band will be durable in the long run. I also just got an email that the trail loop I ordered is now expected November 1-8, up from Nov 4-18.

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
I have had my AWU for two full days now. It has been operating on my wrist for 48+ hours. The battery status still indicates 47%. Very nice! I expect to put it on the charger when it gets to around 40%.

Do you use the always on display?

jlgreer1

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2010
Texas, United States
Do you use the always on display?
I have the display set to the medium level illumination. It turns on when I lift the watch to viewing level. That is the mode I have used since the Series 4. It took 51 hours to get down to 40%. I then charged it with Apple's wall wart that is high speed capable. It charged back to 100% in a little less than an hour.

Reactions: nospleen

FunkyTang

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008
Just got my Ultra delivered today! I am absolutely in love. Coming from a series 3 45mm aluminum w/cellular. Got mine with the Starlight Alpine band which looks lovely, but is not as easy to put on as the sport loops. I think I may look into getting an Ocean band in the future.

Loving the bigger screen size. At least it’s a noticeable upgrade coming from the 45mm, and it’s not nearly as heavy as I thought it would be. Looks a little ridiculous on my small wrist, but I couldn’t care less. I can read this one better and I no longer have to charge it multiple times a day. Can’t wait to take it running/hiking/trail running!
The S3 was as 42mm

ZacKaffeine

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
That's amazing! Mine had 27% at the first 48 hour mark. I've been charging it up before bed since. Today I saw much less remaining than normal after 24 hours. But, I am guessing that was because I forgot it wasn't connected to my phone, so it was running on cellular the whole time, plus I took a ~25 minute phone call on it. I hope your battery performance remains so amazing!

Reactions: jlgreer1

FunkyTang

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008
Well UPS appears to have lost my Ultra that was supposed to be delivered yesterday. I was able to find on at the closest Apple Store but it was a bit of a drive. Anyways I am kind of glad that it happened because I tried on all the ocean bands and alpine bands and decided I didn’t like the alpine. The orange one I ordered was dirty already from people trying it on, I also felt like it just looked kind of sloppy, ended up with the midnight ocean and I’m pretty pleased. Wish they made the ocean band in orange though to match the accent orange.
Orange Ocean bands are available on AliExpress.

FunkyTang

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008
Did you decide to stick with the Ultra over the Hermés? I’m rocking the AWU since yesterday and love it, especially the battery and that flat bright screen! Only thing is the size on my wrist 😅. I’m getting used to it but wondering if an SS 8 might suit better, and await a smaller sized AWU2 🤔
If they only made a Hermés Ultra.

tivoboy

macrumors 601
May 15, 2005
My apple order from Day 1, which showed a slipped date and then pulled forward to 9/28, the UPS shipping info now says ”tracking not available” and that it’s just “in transit” and still shows Shanghai, CN.
Back to arrival later today - probably will be tomorrow.. seems that UPS tracking in CN customs was just off for some time and products were actually moving. We’ll see

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
View attachment 2083408

It’s been a busy week, but I just finally got the Ultra all set up! It actually arrived early, on Monday already, with an original delivery date of Sept 29 - Oct 6.

Coming from a series 5 titanium model, I was actually kind of shocked with how much more responsive the Ultra is, and how much better it looks to me. While the display may not be that much larger, between the few extra pixels and the seriously improved brightness, I couldn’t be happier. The buttons feel great to me, and I’m really enjoying the alpine band, I’m just hoping the band will be durable in the long run. I also just got an email that the trail loop I ordered is now expected November 1-8, up from Nov 4-18.

My blue/gray trail loop have the same shipping dates.

Reactions: LawsMan

kozz

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2011
I was really hoping today to wake up to a change in my 10/17-1/24 date...but alas...no such luck

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Best Buy had the AWU with blue/gray trail loop with an estimated delivery date of 10/11, so I pulled the trigger because I had a $10 discount and $5 gift card. We’ll see which one arrives first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.