Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Camwin

macrumors regular
May 24, 2012
A few days in and the Alpine loop has grown on me. There are peculiarities with it as @joefrank64k said. I was very much on the fence for a long while, swapping between my leather link and the alpine. The alpine is definitely a rougher more hardy material than I am used to, and with taking it on and off and smacking the screen, I was about to bench it. But Saturday night I committed. I through it on through sleep, and I think wearing it through the sleep started acclimating me to it. I woke up at 7 am at a lovely 94%, then proceeded to do a 95 minute session at the gym, continues wearing it through the rest of the day, not taking it off once, except to shower (I do not love the feeling of wet fabric bands), didn't charge it. I basically repeated the whole process Sunday, and wore it to sleep last night, here we are Monday morning at 15% after another hour workout. And I do have to say I like the security of the alpine loop and how rugged it is. Time will tell how dirty this starlight gets though... that's my only worry.

Panther61

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2017
MD
Amazon US - sent first email notification my ULTRA will arrive to their Amazon Hub Locker in Delaware 9/27 Tuesday!
FYI- I ordered the first day.
Seems like I was the only one dumb enough to order from Amazon US and this just came in:
We're encountering a delay in shipping your order. The new delivery date is indicated below. We'll send a confirmation when your items ship. We apologize for the inconvenience.
New dates 10/2-10/4. Argh. Gotta keep telling myself but you used a $$$ card it will be alright.

Reactions: webbuzz

joefrank64k

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
Looks like the black/gray trail loop band in M/L came in stock on Amazon for late Oct-Early Nov delivery. Just ordered myself one. My Apple order is still mid-Nov.

Will cancel whichever comes last.
Nice catch, I just ordered as well. My Apple order is still mid-Nov as well.

Reactions: MinimeJer05

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
. . . and with taking it on and off and smacking the screen . . .
Yes, I didn't mention that in my critiques of the Alpine band, but the first several times I took the AWU off the s-hook smacked the screen. No damage, of course, but not something I want to do on an ongoing basis.

Susie4170

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2015
Los Angeles
Just got my Ultra delivered today! I am absolutely in love. Coming from a series 3 45mm aluminum w/cellular. Got mine with the Starlight Alpine band which looks lovely, but is not as easy to put on as the sport loops. I think I may look into getting an Ocean band in the future.

Loving the bigger screen size. At least it’s a noticeable upgrade coming from the 45mm, and it’s not nearly as heavy as I thought it would be. Looks a little ridiculous on my small wrist, but I couldn’t care less. I can read this one better and I no longer have to charge it multiple times a day. Can’t wait to take it running/hiking/trail running!

jlgreer1

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2010
Texas, United States
My AWU arrived today. I am very pleased. I have it setup pretty much the same as my Series 6. I am even using the black silicone band that came standard on the 6. The display is excellent. I have the brightness set at the middle level and it is very bright even out in the sunshine. The microphones seem better when using it as phone but the speakers don't seem much louder even on their loudest setting. My ears are poor but I was wearing my hearing aids. I prefer the Utility watch face rather than the one the AWU starts up with. One drawback with the Utility face is that it doesn't go into night mode at all. The night mode on the standard face is nice. Maybe I could get used to the business of that display. ??

It doesn't seem much heaver on the wrist. Likewise, it doesn't seem that much bigger. I have a medium sized wrist for a guy.

I am very pleased! My wife thinks its cool. ;)

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
I have the same watch stand!
I ended up going to Costco for the Belkin 3-in-1…was $30 cheaper than Amazon / Apple / Best Buy, etc. I may go to every other day charging on the AWU. Seems to only use about 25-30% a day, but I also haven’t gone on my typical 5K run w/ it yet.

Are you making the Mac holder work with the Ultra or going to something else?
DF2A229C-DE59-4C5E-B86E-9C06D5E4F335.jpeg

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
it seems best buy has some apple watch ultras in stock, I ordered the ocean band and when I pick it up I will cancel my trail loop due to the delay. I would check best buy

Stephen.Trae

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2015
For anyone who ordered their Ultra through Verizon, my original estimated shipping date was 10/31 but I just I got a notification telling me that it’s been shipped already! Hopefully that means other orders will be shipping out soon as well.

tivoboy

macrumors 601
May 15, 2005
My apple order from Day 1, which showed a slipped date and then pulled forward to 9/28, the UPS shipping info now says ”tracking not available” and that it’s just “in transit” and still shows Shanghai, CN.

• Sad
Reactions: nospleen
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.