Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
The day-one price said otherwise. Many of us have been saying since last year that it has workplace written all over it. It was the marketing they fluffed up. I expect later OS changes to pivot more to enterprise and education than home users.

But again, that is NOT how Apple marketed it then or now. They continue to position it as a consumer facing product, not an enterprise device. That’s why Tim’s sudden shift to enterprise is so blatant. Clearly this is the plan B contingency for Vision.

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
2:19

Nope. This is just the Apple statement that’s in question. If you search for KLM and Vision you get plenty of links to their use of OTHER AR/VR headsets but no mention of the Vision Pro specifically.

macfacts

macrumors 601
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron
Reactions: Surf Monkey

citysnaps

macrumors G5
Oct 10, 2011
Not according to their own marketing. Rationalization is fine but the real world doesn’t work like that.

The real world:

It seems you're not aware that Apple marketing engages with business/commercial and government accounts and customers that is totally separate from how Apple markets to consumers, that the public never sees.

MadDawg2020

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2012
I didn’t see Tim report on the number of M2 Mac Pro’s Apple sold last year.
I’m guessing sales spiked and reached in to double digits for total units.

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
You should really be a more careful reader. I didn’t make the claim. So no, it’s not my job.

You readily jumped in with the standard dodge so no, it doesn’t really matter that you didn’t make the initial claim. You subscribed to it by making that comment. So again, it isn’t on me to prove the claims you or anyone else makes. It’s on the claimant.

• Haha
Reactions: Jumpthesnark

Jumpthesnark

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2022
California
You readily jumped in with the standard dodge so no, it doesn’t really matter that you didn’t make the initial claim. You subscribed to it by making that comment. So again, it isn’t on me to prove the claims you or anyone else makes. It’s on the claimant.
Not a "standard dodge" at all. Think of it along the lines of the old "give a man a fish... teach a man to fish" saying.

But if you really need some handholding to go through the notoriously difficult act of typing KLM vision pro into a search engine, I've done the work for you.

One example of many that I easily, quickly, found. Sorry I couldn't teach you to fish.

citysnaps

macrumors G5
Oct 10, 2011
Not a "standard dodge" at all. Think of it along the lines of the old "give a man a fish... teach a man to fish" saying.

But if you really need some handholding to go through the notoriously difficult act of typing KLM vision pro into a search engine, I've done the work for you.

One example of many that I easily, quickly, found. Sorry I couldn't teach you to fish.

And that's soon to be the tip of the iceberg. So many commercial/medical/architectural/educational/military/retail/research/etc. potential uses.

Takes just a wee bit imagination. Apple will go far in those spaces.

farmboy

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2003
Minnesota
Sales have stagnated, Vision Pro is a flop, the car is dead, and the only products in the pipeline are incremental spec bumps.

The moat is eroding due to regulations overseas and pretty soon integrating the RCS protocol into iMessage will have many trying out other phones since the green bubble shame will no longer apply.

Share buybacks really do indicate a company bearish about its own future.
Share buybacks: It's usually perceived as a positive indicator for a company. After a buyback, share prices usually increase.

macfacts

macrumors 601
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron

All hearsay, every link goes back to apple PR making the claim enterprise businesses are using vision pro, with no details of what spatial apps, just leaving the details to readers imagination.

• Haha

Kemba11

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2024
Nope. This is just the Apple statement that’s in question. If you search for KLM and Vision you get plenty of links to their use of OTHER AR/VR headsets but no mention of the Vision Pro specifically.

The ability to see what you want to see and dismiss everything else is amazing.

You ask for a reference, and they point you to the statement, only for you to dismiss it by implying that Apple lied about KLM using the Vision Pro on a public investment call.

You say that Tim telling investors that companies are using the Vision Pro is evidence of a pivot to enterprise when we have evidence as recent as the 1.1 update that enterprise has always been part of the plan. But because you dont understand how B2B sales work, you believe that Apple has never been interested in enterprise (despite selling the iPhone B2B since 2008).

Of course, you believe an analyst who provided three sets of conflicting numbers about how many can actually be made and what Apple “projected” for sales because the thought of no sales fits your narrative. How accurate were his iPhone China sales predictions?

Ctrlos

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2022
But again, that is NOT how Apple marketed it then or now. They continue to position it as a consumer facing product, not an enterprise device. That’s why Tim’s sudden shift to enterprise is so blatant. Clearly this is the plan B contingency for Vision.
I think of it like the Watch pivot from phone sidekick to health device. They’re just re-aiming it at where it’s popular.

farmboy

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2003
Minnesota
Not according to their own marketing. Rationalization is fine but the real world doesn’t work like that.
And you follow all their institutional, industrial, and medical marketing, do you? Follow Apple reps around?
Enterprise was always in their plans, to think otherwise is ludicrous.

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Monkey

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
What's also interesting is that he notes growth in China, which goes against the narrative that the iPhone is losing to Huawei (and violates the broader narrative that Apple is getting less innovative over time).

As a general rule of thumb, I think many people here are too eager to buy into negative news surround Apple because it gives them an outlet to vent about every bugbear they have had with Apple so far, regardless of accuracy. I would advise everyone here not to bet against Apple too much. Such negativity rarely ever works out in their favour in the long run. :)

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR

It is a dodge.

Hand holding is not the issue. Snotty directives to “google it” is.

Now that wasn’t so hard, was it? Now you know how basic debate works. I’m not obligated to prove or document claims made by other people.

You’re welcome.

• Haha

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
And you follow all their institutional, industrial, and medical marketing, do you? Follow Apple reps around?
Enterprise was always in their plans, to think otherwise is ludicrous.

So you think they’re marketing it in secret. That’s not a rationalization at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.