Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What color and storage option are you getting?

• Total voters

CjonesHouston

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2015
Texas
Hi to everyone. I’m italian and i’d like to buy a brand new iphone xs max in apple store in miami. I’d like to know if i can buy an att, spring or tmobile iphone(paying the whole cost immediately) and then activate it in italy with my italian simcard. Is it possible? Or should i buy a sim free edition(it’s not available yet)?Thanks
I thought I saw a sim free iPhone Max on Apple store app.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
Went back to the att store tried to cancel and they told me it’s a system with my preorder iPhone. He had to call tech support to get them to cancel. It will take three days for my order to be cancelled and my upgrade available.

Man F**k att.
they goofed my order up on day one. I did not find out till Monday. they gave em a ton of excuses and blamed me. then finally canceled the order and reordered it. but the canceled order shipped then the replacement shipped I got them both on the same day.

Reactions: martiansoldier

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
I just upgraded from my SE , phone is shipping should have it in a couple days, Black 256gb Max. i think i want a product red leather case and I haven't decided on a screen protector yet, i rarely use them anomy screens have always been fine
Get the screen protector. You may have a bumble or two getting used to a different sized phone. A VERY differently sized phone.

Reactions: BrianSoCal

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
Get the screen protector. You may have a bumble or two getting used to a different sized phone. A VERY differently sized phone.
Yep ordered a Screen protector and the Unicorn Supcase, have one on my SE and its done well, phone shipped it will be here monday two days before my case, so gonna have to be careful

Reactions: Steve686

Sora

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2007
New York, NY
Ya I’ve never been a FedEx fan. Only thing they have going for them is Saturday delivery

It’s crazy how different everyone’s experience has been.
Out of 10 deliveries - UPS is sitting at 40% damaging boxes and usually the product inside.
They delivered our 55inch SONY, cracked the hell out of the screen - twice! They switched to Fedex - got it with no damage.

FedEx delivered my iPhone this year on time and no damage. Last year was UPS - and they lost the order, then found it - then refused to deliver it. Held it at their facility for pickup. Didn’t tell us. Found out by calling their customer service.

UPS and Fedex experience must be a regional thing.

Jaytee89

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2018
San Antonio, TX
so who bought their phone with AppleCare or intend to get later?
I went with AC+T&L 14.99 monthly. Comes right off my CC on file with Apple.
[doublepost=1538498697][/doublepost]
It’s crazy how different everyone’s experience has been.
Out of 10 deliveries - UPS is sitting at 40% damaging boxes and usually the product inside.
They delivered our 55inch SONY, cracked the hell out of the screen - twice! They switched to Fedex - got it with no damage.

FedEx delivered my iPhone this year on time and no damage. Last year was UPS - and they lost the order, then found it - then refused to deliver it. Held it at their facility for pickup. Didn’t tell us. Found out by calling their customer service.

UPS and Fedex experience must be a regional thing.
UPS did the same thing to me. Cracked 55 inch tv. Anything that comes FedEx doesn’t look like it was kicked and left in the rain! UPS is terrible! Where I work we use UPS for the majority of our Customers. I can’t tell you how many calls we get with UPS showing delivered and items were not, not to mention the damage. It’s embarrasing!

Attachments

• A407E4E7-9999-4E68-9829-F9F114F21635.jpeg
    A407E4E7-9999-4E68-9829-F9F114F21635.jpeg
    221.9 KB · Views: 138

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009
So I had to laugh at this one. I pre ordered and received my phone on release day (9/21). I was able to track my shipment via myAT&T during the process.

Today I received an email from att that my order had shipped and when checking the att app I had a notification there as well. Wow, it’s been really 20 days since I got the phone and they’re just now letting me know “it’s on the way”!

Reactions: BrianSoCal

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
So I had to laugh at this one. I pre ordered and received my phone on release day (9/21). I was able to track my shipment via myAT&T during the process.

Today I received an email from att that my order had shipped and when checking the att app I had a notification there as well. Wow, it’s been really 20 days since I got the phone and they’re just now letting me know “it’s on the way”!

Bonus phone on the way!

JUCJ85

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
Been a couple weeks now since I've had my Max, have to say at first I wasn't 100% sure, but now I'm in love with the Max. Curious is anyone who ordered within the first 24 hours hasn't gotten their phone yet?

Is anyone considering going with the XR, had the XS Max come in PRODUCT RED I'd have gotten that, but I'm good with my SG 512gb Max.

Reactions: jjohnstonjr

AppleDior31

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
Going back to bed...got in pre-order for XR, black 64gb at 1:55 thru at&t. Apple site is still down for me.

RingOfive

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2018
Got my order in for my wife at 1:55 am. 128gb XR coral. Just as easy as ordering my XS Max a month ago.

jw0286

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2015
Got my wife a White XR 128 this morning and just got an email that ATT couldn't verify that it was me despite texting me a verification code... Put in the order AGAIN, so I'll wait and see.

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
I just decided to upgrade my X yesterday and all at&t store in CT dont have 256 silver. I went thru apple online and ordered from there and pickup the same day. As soon as i opened the new phone my old sim was deactivated. Blown away with the process.

coachingguy

macrumors 6502a
Hahahaha! I thought it was quirky as well while placing my order through on my Samsung tablet - albeit it was 3:45am.

Anyways: 128GB XR White via AT&T's website.

I've been an ATT customer for 20 years, have had 0 problems ordering online before... Tried ordering Black Xr 128, Friday... continued through this afternoon... at least a dozen online attempts... 4 "chat convo's", 3 calls still no joy... At the end of the last call, they told me to call my local store... I did "We can't take orders over the phone, you have to come in" I didn't want to drive the 25 minute each way trip. So, I decided to try online One More Time. 45 seconds later, phone order was complete... I have no idea why it worked this time and not before... the Chat and Phone CSR's had no idea why I or they couldn't order either... Tried both Safari and Chrome, it did go through on Safari...

What a pain in the ass... I'm expecting the Xr to not be...

Good Luck to All!

Coachingguy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.