Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Madmarshall88

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2016
They have tried everything. DFU restore, normal restores, updating, downgrading software. Battery checks. He just said we've done everything and so have you, try a replacement and see what happens.
Same happened to me, they ended up replacing my 6s. Didn't solve the battery drain problem as you can see by my battery stats above.

Reactions: dianp

IsaiahL

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2014
So from waking up to around 2:30 was how long my phone lasted. I was getting about 30mins to an hour for every percentage with mixed usage. From using the sleep cycle app I suffer a 7% drain compared to a 10-15 drain on the previous betas. I wish I had a usage picture but I had to restart my phone cause it froze .

I have an iPhone 7 Plus on 10.1 Beta 5

SamVilde

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2008
New York City
I started watching this thread with an iPhone 5, but now I have a brand new 7. I am still following, as I try to figure out what normal is supposed to look like on this new phone. All these photos of people's battery stats are asking the same question: do these battery stats represent within the normal range? Maybe we could come to better understanding by asking a different question: on a new iPhone 7, what is the expected normal range? On a one-year old iPhone 6s, what is the expected normal range? If we knew the answers of what good is, we would know if our were good...

Reactions: dianp and IsaiahL

IsaiahL

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2014
I'm also noticing that since getting on Beta 5 my phone is charging waaay faster than it used to. It used to be very slow and I have the iPad charger.

yourtoys7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2007
Started the day at 9am. with 100 of the charger, by 4pm my battery completely drained, iPhone 7 32gb. shut down. 30min of youtube, 2 phone calls, 20 min of gps, 3 hrs. of music.
I hope apple get a fix soon, so upset at this battery, software, new phone issues.

josh1014

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2007
Anyone have any idea why one of my top apps by battery usage is "App Store" with 'audio' as the description and 1 minute of screen time. Can't imagine how there is background audio activity coming from the app store making it account for ~15% of my battery usage. Anyone come across this before?

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
At the moment, I have 15hrs standby with 1.5 hrs usage with 76% battery left. I have noticed that my battery life does pretty well until I use the music app to play music I have loaded. When playing music as mentioned, I do well to get 4 hrs usage before the phone dies. Anyone else notice a big battery drain when using the music app? I am running the latest release of iOS 10.

Reactions: Will22 and dianp

smorrissey

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2015
How are these battery stats? iPhone 6s 64gb on iOS 10.0.2. I have only been browsing Imgur, Reddit and using safari during the day. None of them are battery intensive so I don't understand why I am getting such a low time. Also I am not in an area with poor data or have location services on for apps. . Thank you for your time.
IOS 10 still need optimization, waiting for 10.1....

DaveTheRave

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2003
I know several people with bad battery life after iOS 10. I'm talking about the phone going from 30% battery to shutting off in a second. They all use different apps so there's no common issue. But it works fine on my iPhone 6. I really hope Apple fixes this.

JemTheWire

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
Manchester (UK)
I know several people with bad battery life after iOS 10. I'm talking about the phone going from 30% battery to shutting off in a second. They all use different apps so there's no common issue. But it works fine on my iPhone 6. I really hope Apple fixes this.

Yep, started for me on 10.0.2. I have since started using 10.1 b3 and now b4, but it's still the same.

I can turn the phone off at night with 70%. Turn it on in the morning and it still has 70% then it switches off. I don't mean respring, it just switches off. When it turn it back on it says connect to charger. If I do and then turn it on, it will stay on. I disconnect the charger after a couple of seconds and the phone stays on. Interestingly, the battery still shows 70% so God knows why it switches off.

Once on, the phone doesn't switch itself off and will run the battery down to 1% then zero. the issues is only when I manually turn it off.

Last edited:

IsaiahL

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2014
My usage,
f0ab00ef08bb1182bbdb63f498c55cc7.png

This is Beta 5. Looks like they handled the battery issues. My phone charges at a pretty good rate and the battery life has been around this since install. I'll keep you guys posted if anything changes.

Reactions: dianp and mich070

XT550

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2014
Anyone have any idea why one of my top apps by battery usage is "App Store" with 'audio' as the description and 1 minute of screen time. Can't imagine how there is background audio activity coming from the app store making it account for ~15% of my battery usage. Anyone come across this before?

I think it has to do with whether or not you have an Apple Watch that's synced to your phone -through the App Store.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
At the moment, I have 15hrs standby with 1.5 hrs usage with 76% battery left. I have noticed that my battery life does pretty well until I use the music app to play music I have loaded. When playing music as mentioned, I do well to get 4 hrs usage before the phone dies. Anyone else notice a big battery drain when using the music app? I am running the latest release of iOS 10.

Same with me, iP7 on iOS 10.0.2

I left my phone on the side(downloaded music playing, screen off) while I was in the shower the other day and it used 16% of battery in the 30 minutes I was in the shower.

Strange thing is is that it's not near as bad when playing music through Bluetooth in the car.

On iOS 10.0.3 it seems a little better but I need to test it a bit more.

Last edited:

minato21

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2015
Same with me, iP7 on iOS 10.0.2

I left my phone on the side(downloaded music playing, screen off) while I was in the shower the other day and it used 16% of battery in the 30 minutes I was in the shower.

Strange thing is is that it's not near as bad when playing music through Bluetooth in the car.

On iOS 10.0.3 it seems a little better but I need to test it a bit more.
I didn't notice the bad battery drain with music until 8.4 when they reworked it. That's when music went downhill for me/:

Edit: I also found out yesterday that Spotify is quieter than using music downloaded through Apple Music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.