Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dianp

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2016
São Paulo, Brazil
With the new iOS 10.1 beta 5 the downgrade to iOS 9.3.5 was closed.
This new beta 5 is only for the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus.
It seems that Apple is no longer caring about the old iPhones ...
Does anyone know if the iOS 10.1 beta 4 fixed the battery on iPhone 6S?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Does anyone know if the iOS 10.1 beta 4 fixed the battery on iPhone 6S?
Apple stopped signing iOS 9.3.5 even before 10.1 beta 5. The update is for iPhone 7 line of phones likely as it just includes some fixes that are specific to issues those phones have been experiencing, most likely the same ones that were released in iOS 10.0.3.

Reactions: SamVilde and dianp

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
I noticed today that for some reason background refresh got turned on for all apps on my iPhone. I had only had it on for about 5 apps. I had to go turn it off again for around 50+ apps. That could affect battery life.

smorrissey

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2015

Hope you are wrong with that cause if you are right then i'm gonna back to Android next year...
[doublepost=1476906179][/doublepost]
9.3.5 and 10.0.1 are no longer signed so if you have problems with battery you're done.
Unless you went back to 9.3.5 and stick with it for the time being...

Reactions: dianp

mich070

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2013
Are you seeing that standby time though. Your battery life isn't bad. 6-8 hours is the average time for iPhones. Your Battery life is pretty good considering you just have a 6s and not a plus. I have a brand new iPhone 7 Plus, sometimes I get 8 sometimes I get 6 depending on usage. Usually nothing lower than 5. This is the world we live in. Apple doesn't put huge batteries in their phones. While unfortunate it's an L we just have to take with a daily stride. But look people I was reading through the last couple pages and all I see is complaints. Nobody is forcing you guys to buy these phones. If you can fix it then fix it and share the knowledge, otherwise just deal with it or get a new phone that better suits your needs. Complaining about it on here where apple definitely isn't gonna see it is pointless and a waste of time and typing.

I completely agree with you on that matter. I was just wondering, because at the beginning the battery stats that I had were really impressive. Howevee, yes I shouls really not complain about my stats, I was just wondering what the members opinion were regarding"my stats". Now I face for the 3rdtime another problem. Screen under dust :D. Anyway, this has nothing to do with this poste! Cheers mate:)

Reactions: IsaiahL

mich070

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2013
Why in the world do you have facebook installed on your iphone? Unless you want to buy a second portable battery, delete that privacy invading battery intensive crap, do something else with the short time you have before you die.

I do not need to justify myself about using the Facwbook app, however itwas the first time that actually I was using the app on my phone, because I really wanted to test if the "rumor" of the Facebook app being such a battery killer. Amd yes indeed it is!

mich070

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2013
Hoard you on Standby for THAT long. I don't understand lol you guys have these high number standbys.

well the reason for this is basically that I am not constantly on my phone during work or during my studies. But yeah impressive standbye time haha

deano1972

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2016
United Kingdom
I noticed today that for some reason background refresh got turned on for all apps on my iPhone. I had only had it on for about 5 apps. I had to go turn it off again for around 50+ apps. That could affect battery life.

There's a bug that causes this on iOS 10.

Basically if you change a background refresh setting then go out of the settings menu then return again later all of the apps are now switched on. However if you change a setting then close the settings app from the app switcher afterwards, the next time you go back everything should be exactly as you left it.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
There's a bug that causes this on iOS 10.

Basically if you change a background refresh setting then go out of the settings menu then return again later all of the apps are now switched on. However if you change a setting then close the settings app from the app switcher afterwards, the next time you go back everything should be exactly as you left it.

I've changed a background refresh settings under iOS 10 without quitting the settings app without having them all turn on before. This is the first time that's happened.

mitchsaunders

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Another day of the iPhone 7 with bad battery life....

Had a chat with a mate who works at Genius Bar. He thinks it's time for a replacement after I visited him last weekend and the phone's still doing crap. Guess where I'm going on Sunday!!!

Hoping this replacement is the fix to all of my problems!!! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_0082.PNG.png
    IMG_0082.PNG.png
    568.5 KB · Views: 209

dobrewski_77

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2015
Plovdiv,Bulgaria
Another day of the iPhone 7 with bad battery life....

Had a chat with a mate who works at Genius Bar. He thinks it's time for a replacement after I visited him last weekend and the phone's still doing crap. Guess where I'm going on Sunday!!!

Hoping this replacement is the fix to all of my problems!!! :rolleyes:

That's not that bad m8,some iPhones even 7/7+ last less on that percentage.
Everything is from the software for me.

IsaiahL

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2014
Just updated to iOS 10.1 Beta 5. Battery life seems to be good so far. Had my phone next to me on Standby while I slept. Usually I would see a 10-15 percentage drop from 100 from 6 hours of sleep. Today I saw a 2 percent drop. Imma keep testing and keep you guys posted but so far so good.

mich070

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2013
Just updated to iOS 10.1 Beta 5. Battery life seems to be good so far. Had my phone next to me on Standby while I slept. Usually I would see a 10-15 percentage drop from 100 from 6 hours of sleep. Today I saw a 2 percent drop. Imma keep testing and keep you guys posted but so far so good.

What that much dropping? What phone do you have and since how long? My standbye rates are that high because usually during night i only loose about 1-2% of battery

deano1972

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2016
United Kingdom
I've changed a background refresh settings under iOS 10 without quitting the settings app without having them all turn on before. This is the first time that's happened.

It seems to be random when it happens, some people can recreate the bug others can't but the workaround I suggested of closing the settings app with the app switcher after changing any background app refresh settings does prevent it from happening.

IsaiahL

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2014
What that much dropping? What phone do you have and since how long? My standbye rates are that high because usually during night i only loose about 1-2% of battery

I have the iPhone 7 Plus for about 2 weeks. Be mindful that I also sleep with the Sleep Cycle app running in the background to track sleep. I lock my phone so it's technically on Standby but In my first week of using it i lost 2 percent. After than it became 10+ percent. When I upgraded to beta it became 12-15+ percent. So today to see a return is kinda nice.

Reactions: dianp and mich070

Madmarshall88

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2016
How are these battery stats? iPhone 6s 64gb on iOS 10.0.2. I have only been browsing Imgur, Reddit and using safari during the day. None of them are battery intensive so I don't understand why I am getting such a low time. Also I am not in an area with poor data or have location services on for apps. . Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• IMG_0041.PNG
    IMG_0041.PNG
    130 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0042.PNG
    IMG_0042.PNG
    129.5 KB · Views: 174

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
How are these battery stats? iPhone 6s 64gb on iOS 10.0.2. I have only been browsing Imgur, Reddit and using safari during the day. None of them are battery intensive so I don't understand why I am getting such a low time. Also I am not in an area with poor data or have location services on for apps. . Thank you for your time.
Well, at least in that screenshot, your cellular signal doesn't seem to be all that good.

Madmarshall88

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2016
Well, at least in that screenshot, your cellular signal doesn't seem to be all that good.
I was at home when I posted this. During the day that I used my phone I had a steady 4 bars of 3G.

My phone battery shouldn't last for such a low amount of time despite the signal strength surely?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I was at home when I posted this. During the day that I used my phone I had a steady 4 bars of 3G.

My phone battery shouldn't last for such a low amount of time despite the signal strength surely?
Well, signal strength is one of the biggest factors that affects battery life. So if you were mostly in an area where the signal was bad, it can certainly take its toll. It doesn't quite sound like that's the case here though, although if you were on 3G that also tends to use more power compared to 4G/LTE.

Reactions: Madmarshall88
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.