Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imex99

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2009
Ohio
And that's why I don't pay too much attention to reviews lol. I go by my experience, and with 3 different galaxy s7 edges, my experience was that the battery life wasn't all that it was talked up to be. As far as things running in the background, I had everything possible turned off and blacklisted that I could without making the phone malfunction.

My 7+ is smoking my s7 edge battery life...No contest!

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
Been testing the iOS 10 beta's since beginning of August and all went really well. From the last one/GM on however, something has been going on. No real draining on standby, but the moment I started using the phone the percentages dropped noticeable quicker than before.
Not only while going OTA from 10.0.1 to 10.0.2, but also restoring with 10.0.2 ipsw + iCloud backup + resetting all settings still gave worse results than before (note that I have been using iOS 8 up until August and completely skipped iOS 9).

Been having very good experience on my iPhone 6 with latest iOS 10.1 b3, the first one in the 10.1 beta series to do so. Maybe not a record usage, if I see some posting here, but certainly good enough for me :) The battery has a wear of 9% and 336 cycles after 22 months in use.

How can you view charge cycles? That Battery Life app doesn't give out that info anymore.

Reactions: !!!

Madmarshall88

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2016
I am starting to get really concerned. I have an iPhone 6s 64gb. It's pretty much brand new and came with iOS 9 installed on it. I installed iOS 10 OTA and battery life was fine for weeks. I don't play games on it, don't watch loads of videos and don't allow location for everything. I am only just getting 5 hours of battery usage out of the phone.... I don't know what has changed? Between 5-6 hours battery life cannot be normal for a 6s on medium/light usage?

What's the average battery life for other people with a 6s here on iOS 10? I think there must be an optimisation problem with the 6s and iOS 10! I know of loads of other people who are suffering from a vastly reduced battery life with their iPhone 6s.

I used to have a 6s before this one and noticed battery drain on iOS 10 so did everything recommended to fix it. Nothing worked. Apple replaced my old 6s with this new one because I complained of battery drain. Still getting battery drain....

Reactions: dianp

grgsiocl

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2015
b60a6e90ab54abe8d7cd653bf5f156da.png

iPhone 7, iOS 10.1 beta 2

Reactions: IsaiahL

smorrissey

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2015
Do you believe guys that one day were gonna have our old battery life back (the one that had on ios 9) on ios 10 one day? i doubt it.

IsaiahL

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2014
Do you believe guys that one day were gonna have our old battery life back (the one that had on ios 9) on ios 10 one day? i doubt it.

iOS 10 has more features that's probably why it drains more battery. Also it needs more optimization for newer and older devices.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
and plenty other not...
Sure, as is often the case with newer releases. I was just pointing out that going just by those who are having some issues (not counting basically known bugs that basically would affect everyone) doesn't necessarily mean that someone else would have them if they upgraded.

smorrissey

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2015
Sure, as is often the case with newer releases. I was just pointing out that going just by those who are having some issues (not counting basically known bugs that basically would affect everyone) doesn't necessarily mean that someone else would have them if they upgraded.
as you have doing again and again and again...

smorrissey

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2015

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
This thread is about people having battery issues but there are always a few ones coming and stating the opposite, helping? trolling? i don't know, perhaps both...A Cheap holiday in other peoples' misery!? i dunno, i better deal with that first using the ignore function....
And yet people make generic remarks about and around iOS 10:
Exactly, guess i'll never move away from ios9 on my iphone 6s....
tell that to Apple and their notifications regarding "upgrading"...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.