Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Unregistered 4U

macrumors G4
Jul 22, 2002
I suspect they will add some novel image generator capability at some time. The only catch is I believe you still have to have a paid Office/Microsoft 365 subscription to get this feature. Someone has to pay for all those compute cycles.
From a story earlier,
Microsoft Designer originated as part of PowerPoint, where it currently suggests design ideas as a subset of that program. But Microsoft plans to break out Designer into its own Microsoft 365 app that will be available both as a free app and as a premium app available to Microsoft 365 Personal and Family subscribers. For now, Microsoft is limiting Designer to a free public web app, which it will use to gather feedback from public testing.

Image synthesis tools are only going to become more and more mainstream.

Reactions: jerryk

jerryk

macrumors 604
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
From a story earlier,
Microsoft Designer originated as part of PowerPoint, where it currently suggests design ideas as a subset of that program. But Microsoft plans to break out Designer into its own Microsoft 365 app that will be available both as a free app and as a premium app available to Microsoft 365 Personal and Family subscribers. For now, Microsoft is limiting Designer to a free public web app, which it will use to gather feedback from public testing.

Image synthesis tools are only going to become more and more mainstream.
Thanks. Looks like another great source of images

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Here's another good source for prompt inputs and parameters.

https://arthub.ai/

1665699610615.png

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2022
Any more photos? New AI creations you have done?

I can't post many because a lot of my creations have been yabai and well...let's just say I make what I like. 😉

But I did have some good renders yesterday

1665751464286.jpeg
1665751488752.jpeg
1665751550225.jpeg

I can't go past 768x768 as the macOS renderers do not like the massive renders and really chugs through them (not like it matters as going past that size and you get some really messed up Cronenberg style images)

I'm gonna have to do a purge of the rejects this weekend as this week I made 50 gb worth of images, with probably less than a gb of them actually being good enough to warrant posting on the internet. This is why I got my Macbook Pro 1TB.

• Love
Reactions: lostPod

ader42

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2012
Yeah I got with the developers and found the problem: Their Mac instructions were not as user friendly, and the installation process needed Sudo privileges. I got Invoke working now and good lord it's so much better than DiffusionBee.

Any hints other than Sudo for trying Invoke?

Which do you tend to use most now Invoke or DiffusionBee?

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2022
Any hints other than Sudo for trying Invoke?

Which do you tend to use most now Invoke or DiffusionBee?

I use Invoke just for the sole reason it's more feature complete than Diffusion and can use third party models. If you're just playing around but not seriously using AI than Diffusion's the way to go since it's user friendly, at least until Invoke's installer is completed.

ader42

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2012
I ended up trying a bunch of different AI tools and to be honest I found MidJourney to be heads and shoulders above everything else but I wouldn’t mind trying more models with Invoke if anyone has any reccommendations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.