Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
Got one of these installed today. The fit is much better than the ones for 6/7/8 version. It covers the entire lit pixel area, and is extremely thin. I can't tell if clarity is affected, which is good enough for me.

Someone else with a Gold iP8+ was getting his, so I recorded it. Process is exactly the same for iPX.

iPX-1.jpg
iPX-2.jpg
iPX-3.jpg

iPX-4.jpg
iPX-5.jpg
iPX-6.jpg
iPX-7.jpg
iPX-8.jpg

Last edited:

rsxmachine

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2007
This is crazy expensive and the reviews are horrid. This thing breaks without being dropped and you are out $40

Reactions: bruinsrme

mjr1000

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2017
This is crazy expensive and the reviews are horrid. This thing breaks without being dropped and you are out $40
Is there any kind of warranty? The bodyguardz one is also $40 but they will replace it for life, an unlimited number of times, you just have to pay $6 shipping and send back the old one.

RedlegsFan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
I have a Zagg Glass on order. Always used Zagg. Did you install this with the screen turned on so that you were certain it was installed accurately?

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
I've heard good things about this, and was curious enough to try.

Belkin uses Corning's glass instead of the typical tempered glass. It's also thinner than many typical tempered glass offerings. They provide a lifetime warranty, and will ship a new one if this fails.

If you're going the Amazon route, I've had great success with Spigen's glas.tR in the past.

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2010
I've heard good things about this, and was curious enough to try.

Belkin uses Corning's glass instead of the typical tempered glass. It's also thinner than many typical tempered glass offerings. They provide a lifetime warranty, and will ship a new one if this fails.

If you're going the Amazon route, I've had great success with Spigen's glas.tR in the past.

Why did you choose not to go with the glas.TR SLIM for iPhone X this time around?

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
Why did you choose not to go with the glas.TR SLIM for iPhone X this time around?

While the protector itself was fine, the edges chipped easily. It also took me some effort to get a good alignment, and still got some dust trapped underneath.

MichaelMidnight

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2008
Los Angeles
With the cost of the phone, I'm really thinking of going to the Belkin route and having it installed. So OP are the edges smooth, does the second glass affect the screen or touch screen ?

EnJaNir

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2011
I also decided to go with the Belkin invisiglass ultra. I have never used a screen protector before but after seeing that this model used Corning glass as well as apple having the installation machine I decided to give it a try. Honestly I couldn’t be happier with it. Yes it was $40, but with fit finish and perfect installation, I’m ok with it.

MichaelMidnight

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2008
Los Angeles
I also decided to go with the Belkin invisiglass ultra. I have never used a screen protector before but after seeing that this model used Corning glass as well as apple having the installation machine I decided to give it a try. Honestly I couldn’t be happier with it. Yes it was $40, but with fit finish and perfect installation, I’m ok with it.

May I ask? How do the edges feel? Is it soft or rough? And how does it affect, if at all, the viewing screen?

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I have the same on my X. I absolutely love it. Have had it on all my phones since they started doing it. No complaints at all.

EnJaNir

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2011
May I ask? How do the edges feel? Is it soft or rough? And how does it affect, if at all, the viewing screen?

Edges are very smooth and design seems pretty good as it covers the entire touchable screen area. Screen viewing appears to be unaffected, but when I picked up my device yesterday, I had them open the box, install the protector and back in the box it went. You only really notice it is there if you go extreme off axis, which no one would really do.

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA

The edges are very smooth. They feel rounded, like Spigen’s tR. since this is 0.21mm thin, it makes it even less noticeable while using the screen. No perceptible difference in image quality.

Screen is fully covered. It goes beyond the lit area just under 0.5mm all around. Perfect and tight fit. I most likely wouldn’t be able to do this at home without some sort of alignment tool or very steady hands.

mjr1000

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2017
Got one of these installed today. The fit is much better than the ones for 6/7/8 version. It covers the entire lit pixel area, and is extremely thin. I can't tell if clarity is affected, which is good enough for me.

Someone else with a Gold iP8+ was getting his, so I recorded it. Process is exactly the same for iPX.

View attachment 732611 View attachment 732612 View attachment 732613
View attachment 732614 View attachment 732616 View attachment 732617 View attachment 732618 View attachment 732619
Thank you for this. It looks terrific. One question - it looks like the screen protector extends ever so slightly beyond the edges of the display itself. Maybe a mm on all sides. Does this makes the screen protector more noticible while using the phone? I am using a different tempered glass protector that is cut right to the size of the display. The positive, the screen protector effectively vanishes when the phone is in use. The negative, rotate the phone slightly in any direction and you see some of the display bleed around the edges of the protector. I wish I could use this phone without a protector at all. But $1000...

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
You can see the screen protector, since the edges are slightly rounded. It's barely noticeable, but if it bothers you, then AC+ may be the better option.

I didn't use a protector on the 6/7 since the curve makes it very noticeable. It's the same case on the X, but the lack of home button, and the notch cutout makes the screen protector itself look very clean.

Last edited:

Smithwicks

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2011
Thank you for this. It looks terrific. One question - it looks like the screen protector extends ever so slightly beyond the edges of the display itself. Maybe a mm on all sides. Does this makes the screen protector more noticible while using the phone? I am using a different tempered glass protector that is cut right to the size of the display. The positive, the screen protector effectively vanishes when the phone is in use. The negative, rotate the phone slightly in any direction and you see some of the display bleed around the edges of the protector. I wish I could use this phone without a protector at all. But $1000...

It’s definitely noticeable in the notch area, but it doesn’t bother me. If you look at the phone from extreme angles you will see a rainbow effect at the edges of the protector. Overall, I like how thin and smooth feeling this protector is.

vacay

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2012
Reviews are still showing that they crack after a couple days on the Apple website. Anyone noticing this or needed replacement shortly after purchase and install?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.