Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cpatrick08

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
I’m T-Mobile as well. Supposed to have a pickup on Friday 10/15. This is the first scheduled pickup. I ordered a 13 Pro Max Silver 128gb on 9/24. I can’t believe you’re both still waiting. Ugh!
Friday 10/15 is my first date as well. Ordered 9/29

devindjs411

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2015
Ordered Sierra Blue, 128GB Pro Max (Verizon) on 9/30 with original ship date of 10/15. Was marked shipped on Sat (10/9) & now has expected delivery date of 10/14.

The Lions Den

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2016
Ordered four Pro Max from Best Buy for T Mobile on 9/23.

All have a pickup date for October 15. So far, the Gold one was ready for pick up early. I'm still waiting on the other three, hopefully I'll get it no later than the pickup date given.

The Lions Den

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2016
Ordered four Pro Max from Best Buy for T Mobile on 9/23.

All have a pickup date for October 15. So far, the Gold one was ready for pick up early. I'm still waiting on the other three, hopefully I'll get it no later than the pickup date given.
One is ready for pickup. Another one I've been charged and it says "Preparing for Pickup Tomorrow".

The one that hasn't changed so far is the one that I ordered for myself lol.

cpatrick08

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
One is ready for pickup. Another one I've been charged and it says "Preparing for Pickup Tomorrow".

The one that hasn't changed so far is the one that I ordered for myself lol.
Mine says Ready for pickup on Fri, October 15. In progress. Bestbuy chat says it's being packed and ready and you will be notified via email for the pickup .

Hotpinkflamingoaz

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2018
Az
Just checked the app and it no longer says October 15 it has no date and just says we’ll email you when it’s ready. What makes it worse is I found one for pickup at a nearby store yesterday and had it in my cart but thought nah I can wait another day.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Upstate NY . Was FL.
Just checked the app and it no longer says October 15 it has no date and just says we’ll email you when it’s ready. What makes it worse is I found one for pickup at a nearby store yesterday and had it in my cart but thought nah I can wait another day.
If it’s available then cancel current order and get the one from the other store. Perhaps customer services can change your order ?

cpatrick08

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
That changed after midnight for me.

The Lions Den

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2016
Same here.

2 out of my 3 remaining orders are ready for pickup, but the one I ordered for myself now just says "in progress", rather than giving me the Oct. 15th date.

Last edited:

Hotpinkflamingoaz

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2018
Az
Just got off chat with Best Buy. My item is out of stock. I said it was unacceptable when I had a pickup date. I ordered when it had no actual date so for 2 weeks they gave me 10/15. They’re still selling with projected dates. That’s what’s most frustrating. Don’t keep selling if you can’t fulfill orders. I’ll just have to keep an eye on store stock. I did manage to get 10% off though.

Reactions: Fred Zed

cpatrick08

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
Just chatted with Bestbuy. They said they're trying to percure the phone and would E-Mail me when it's available for pickup. Hopefully my store will get it today when they open at the top of the hour.

cpatrick08

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
Just got off chat with Best Buy. My item is out of stock. I said it was unacceptable when I had a pickup date. I ordered when it had no actual date so for 2 weeks they gave me 10/15. They’re still selling with projected dates. That’s what’s most frustrating. Don’t keep selling if you can’t fulfill orders. I’ll just have to keep an eye on store stock. I did manage to get 10% off though.
Wish I had said and gotten that.

HuRR

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2003
Yup. Having the same experience. I had an October 15 pickup date. It changed and just chatted and call them to tell them that this was unacceptable considering I was told SO many times it would be ready. Managed to get 60$ refunded. Which is something but not much. I’m not a fan of the misrepresentations.

Reactions: Hotpinkflamingoaz

Scoop24

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2011
New York
ordered 2 one blue and one gold 128GB PM last Friday with a estimated pick up date October 29th for both. just got the ready for pick up text for the Gold one this morning. hopefully this means there starting to get more stock..

cpatrick08

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
I chatted with them again to let them know my disappointment. They said the phone was delayed due to the vendor as inventory is not available and it is in process of making for you. Also, once the inventory is available for the pick up then it will get delivered to my store location and I will receive an email for the pick up directly from the store.

jcp007

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2020
Third Rock From the Sun
I just saw an AT&T ad on Twitter advertising the 13 and 13 Pro models for $0 down. Part of the availability issues may be that there was unexpectedly high demand from 11 and 12 Pro Max owners who didn't participate in the last super-cycle upgrade in 2020 as well as the 12 Pro Max who upgrade every year and maybe those who upgrade far less often. The higher demand may also been aggravated by supply chain/delivery issues.

HuRR

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2003
I chatted with them again to let them know my disappointment. They said the phone was delayed due to the vendor as inventory is not available and it is in process of making for you. Also, once the inventory is available for the pick up then it will get delivered to my store location and I will receive an email for the pick up directly from the store.
Honestly, I got told so many things it absurd. I was told that my iPhone was at the store one day and then the next was told Nov. 19, then told October 15 was definitely happening. It’s a disaster tbh.

Reactions: cpatrick08

devindjs411

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2015
It seems like it may be more of a pickup issue than shipping. I brought the Verizon, 128gb (stupid decision, I know), 13 Pro Max in sierra blue on 9/30 with 10/15 arrival date but mine actually arrived yesterday, 10/14.

The storage was initially an issue to where I was looking at higher models with pickup dates for 10/20, but every refresh came back with longer delivery dates. Try keeping an eye out on shipping compared to pickup, they’ve been fluctuating back & forth to what almost seems like hourly with better pickup dates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.