Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple Cases

• Total voters

RobinInOR

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
I'm going to be looking for a soft leather sleeve. I had one on my 4 and loved it. The company is out of busness so need to start searching. Everything I've seen so far is stiff hard leather.

Huskieboy

Suspended
Sep 16, 2017
I won't plan on ordering a case until I get a shipment/tracking email and when I do it will be thin enough for the wireless charging

Reactions: AJsAWiz

jeblis

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2012
Reactions: kinster

leonremi

macrumors member
May 12, 2017
how about Apple itself? especially the battery case? assuming they even do one (i guess you can't wireless charge through the external battery?)

Reactions: Zaned303

page3

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2003
Outside the EU
Still looking, with no success for a leather flip case (not folio). Must be thin, simple and elegant. Currently use a Manna on my 6 and iPad and they’re excellent.

I don’t understand why so many cases only protect the back. I don’t care about the back! It’s the screen I want protected. Not a ‘screen protector‘ though - ghastly things! Give me proper real leather flip any day :)

RobinInOR

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
Look at joli. I have one for my MacBook and it’s amazing. Just not sure it makes sense with a phone though.

https://jolioriginals.com/collections/smooth/products/smooth-iphone

Also Sena makes sleeves
Thanks for the Joli link. That's similar to what I'm looking for, but I agree with you that hard of a leather doesn't work well. The one I had was 'squishy' and had a loop across the middle so it was easy to push the phone out of it with one hand. I'll check out Sena as well.

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
I definitely recommend anyone getting the iPhone X to get a good quality case with really good protection. With good reason: Apple has go back to a glass back on the 2017 model iPhones, and that could make them more fragile.

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
i wonder if apple could make a new battery case now. one that charges the iphone through wireless charging instead of lightning. might make it look less ugly.

but it would probably get too fat.

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Lots are being released every day. I know a manufacturer who is doing some and looking for reviewers. If anyone is interested, DM me your email with the subject X case and I'll put you in touch with him. First three or four.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.