Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blaze4G

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2015
Must be careful because many of the other Cryptocurrencies broke their support lines so they could have further to go. Not sure if we saw bottom yet
That's true, imo even if it falls more these prices are still good. Just got to hold.

orbitsi

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2018
Hey guys!

I read an article about an ongoing ICO of a new cryptocurrency, and I am seriously thinking about investing. For those of you, who don't know what an ICO is, we are talking about Initial Coin Offering, which is like an IPO but for token sale.
However, I read online that these crowdfunding events might either be lucrative or super risky. And tbh, I'm not a super risky person. Two years ago I held bitcoins but sold them because of its instability.

So, I'd like to know what you think about ICO's and investing in ICO's? Have you ever invested in one? What do you think of new cryptocurrencies in general? Do you think all of them are unstable?

jeevanjee

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2018
There are always risk, also in the "normal" stock exchange and you should be aware of it. The big difference is, that cryptocurrencies are something new (or quite new) to us and the market is not that stable as at a normal bourse. Actually the rises and dumps are way faster and so also your potential profit or loss is varying with it. So, as I said, be aware of it. So, the cryptocurrency crowdfunding or ICO could be lucrative but the very important thing is, that you should be convinced of the project. Check out the whitepaper, which should be kind of "mandatory" if you want to know the ideas behind it. And you should also check the team behind of it. Does it look serious to you, how is the roadmap, is it transparent...etc etc. They are ICOs with good intentions and ideas and are surely worth it. Just because I am curious...in which ICO are you actually interested (you must not tell it if you dont want ;) )

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
QTUM back in bull mode again
DA632936-9F74-46AC-97CD-E7E3EC0221E7.jpeg

Most cryptos back in the green again
DF1D7715-D4D2-4827-80E4-53D7DF239A4E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: obeygiant

orbitsi

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2018
There are always risk, also in the "normal" stock exchange and you should be aware of it. The big difference is, that cryptocurrencies are something new (or quite new) to us and the market is not that stable as at a normal bourse. Actually the rises and dumps are way faster and so also your potential profit or loss is varying with it. So, as I said, be aware of it. So, the cryptocurrency crowdfunding or ICO could be lucrative but the very important thing is, that you should be convinced of the project. Check out the whitepaper, which should be kind of "mandatory" if you want to know the ideas behind it. And you should also check the team behind of it. Does it look serious to you, how is the roadmap, is it transparent...etc etc. They are ICOs with good intentions and ideas and are surely worth it. Just because I am curious...in which ICO are you actually interested (you must not tell it if you dont want ;) )

Sorry for my delayed answer. I didn't see your post. I was interested in the ICO of the cultural coin. It's a pretty new cryptocurrency, which helps funding museums and so. Nevertheless, I've already invested in it, and I'm really looking forward to the development of the coin and the project :D
Wish me luck!

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
QTUM can be bought under $14. Cheap under $14. We may test $10, if we do then buy. Easy money

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
If the market drops I will buy more. Zcash and QTUM should do well from here. QTUM is cheap now under $15 and so is ZCASH at $360

oldhifi

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2013
USA
Stay far far away..buy 1964 or earlier silver coins..90% silver

and it's a lot of fun

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.