Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
So many haters around crypto. People always hate what they don’t understand. The thing I like most about crypto (currency) is that there is potential, albeit small, to replace central banking. There are a lot of brilliant people in the crypto sphere. So many great ideas for the future.

Reactions: 960design
Jul 4, 2015
Paris
I’ll just leave this here for all desperate suckers, bagholders and pseudo-economists who think critics ‘hate what they don’t understand’.

We do understand. More than you think. A lot more than you think.

Attachments

• 9BB0BA5F-FD11-408E-9EA4-725DD00E3BF4.jpeg
    9BB0BA5F-FD11-408E-9EA4-725DD00E3BF4.jpeg
    794 KB · Views: 237
Reactions: niploteksi

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
That advertisement is hilarious!
Turn it upside down and it will more closely resemble my crypto portfolio. But, I'm just lucky.
crypto.png

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
So many haters around crypto. People always hate what they don’t understand. The thing I like most about crypto (currency) is that there is potential, albeit small, to replace central banking. There are a lot of brilliant people in the crypto sphere. So many great ideas for the future.
I think people are looking at bitcoin etc. but the real breakthrough is blockchain technology - with a potential beyond the financial sphere.

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2016
My wife's been investing some in the various crypto markets and has done very well, so far. Here's hoping that the trend continues.

Reactions: stylinexpat

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
A friend of mine bought $200K worth recently around $3800. He pretty much doubled his monthly within a few months. This monthly candle does look like it can run back up to $10,000. The last 3-4 monthly candles have been green and each monthly candle was longer and stronger compared to prior month from previous month.

9C325E07-2E04-4BA4-8200-022C0A86AE67.png

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
Certainly a kind of bull. Rumors have it as a push by third party to short.
But I missed the nearly $20k run last time, not due to rumors, just because I am daft.
I also went in with ETN and have seen nothing but a slow downward spiral.

My words should be taken as utter rubbish.
Good luck!

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
$9K broken.. Look for $10K to be tested and then sit and wait for $20K

AF768C0E-BE34-4A6C-9C41-942591E3848F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
agreed volume still looks good this could turn out to be a good run

Short term seems very volatile but if one looks at the overall long picture you can see that the long term trend has been up and not down. Facebook releasing their own cryptocurrency this week as well. Keep in mind the next upcoming halving for 2020. I think if we see a pullback back down to $8000 would be good to add more.

https://www.ccn.com/bitcoin-halving-massive-price-boom-likely/

phoneme

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2015
im sure the FB coin will do very well because alot of people still don't really understand that there is only really 1 crypto that has these properties
open
Boardless
Censorship resistant
Limited supply only 21 million
Unconfiscateable
Decentralized

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
Attempt at $10K looks highly possible for this weekend

GBTC doing well this month
3EDDF42B-9E17-4940-AE72-E009CDA07073.jpeg
5BE42675-D658-4276-8768-ECCDDE2E6FD8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
I think Facebook will find itself dealing with plenty of regulatory questions about its new cryptocurrency, central bankers around the world. What do you think should we invest in it at this early stage?

I personally did not touch that one. I like Bitcoin and Zcash more. I think Facebook has a particular market they are targeting. They are basically creating their own crypto currency for their own firm of payment similar to Wechat and Alipay on their platforms only Wechat and Alipay don't use crypto currency (yet at least). I read Line was doing something along that line as well.

phoneme

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2015
I think Facebook will find itself dealing with plenty of regulatory questions about its new cryptocurrency, central bankers around the world. What do you think should we invest in it at this early stage?
if you're are long term investor then i would start doing dollar cost averaging into bitcoin, as it will be the last one standing without a doubt. as far facebook coin "libra" it could take off due to the fact many people don't really know much about crypto but they know the facebook name.

Reactions: brittanymarshel

phoneme

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2015
Agreed with you, but wechat and alipay have a huge market. I do like the bitcoin but I think it's time to invest in the new thing. same like when people did in bitcoin years ago
the problem with all the other cryptos is that they do not have all the 5 most important things that make bitcoin the clear winner. which are
open
Boardless
Censorship resistant
Unconfiscateable
Decentralized

in order for bitcoin to grow "almost" all of the other cryptos will have to go to basically zero. which will happen over time. now there will be a few crytpo's that will remain but the way things are now. it's like the wild west people just throwing up new crytpos hoping the non knowing public will buy into them

Reactions: stylinexpat

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
the problem with all the other cryptos is that they do not have all the 5 most important things that make bitcoin the clear winner. which are
open
Boardless
Censorship resistant
Unconfiscateable
Decentralized

in order for bitcoin to grow "almost" all of the other cryptos will have to go to basically zero. which will happen over time. now there will be a few crytpo's that will remain but the way things are now. it's like the wild west people just throwing up new crytpos hoping the non knowing public will buy into them

This is where Zcash shines :)
[doublepost=1561138676][/doublepost]
But they still have a market, for facebook it's easy to target the audience because they all familiar with fb and whatsapp i think "libra" is gonna hit the bitcoin.

This is true, each has their own market share. Visa has their customers like MasterCard and American Express have theirs. The same goes for Banks as each bank has their own customers. Many people don't like Mc Donald's and Starbucks but as you can see they make a lot of money and have a lot of customers. The Facebook crowd don't care too much about privacy and Facebook knows this so the users will use it just for convenience I reckon.

Reactions: brittanymarshel

phoneme

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2015
"This is where Zcash shines :)" humm not really still missing a few governing laws it still has an owner/company behind it.
The company is Zerocoin Electric Coin Company, or ZECC, and is lead by Zooko Wilcox.

"
  • Zcash’s governance mechanism also raises several questions, because despite being open-source, they have a company that looks after pretty much everything. Their trusted setup of individuals takes care of Zcash security, backdoor allegations, and insane inflation rates. That just doesn’t make much sense for the decentralized cryptocurrency."

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
"This is where Zcash shines :)" humm not really still missing a few governing laws it still has an owner/company behind it.
The company is Zerocoin Electric Coin Company, or ZECC, and is lead by Zooko Wilcox.

"
  • Zcash’s governance mechanism also raises several questions, because despite being open-source, they have a company that looks after pretty much everything. Their trusted setup of individuals takes care of Zcash security, backdoor allegations, and insane inflation rates. That just doesn’t make much sense for the decentralized cryptocurrency."

I think both are good although others may have different opinions.

https://www.cryptonewsz.com/are-ano...the-best-way-for-safe-online-purchases/27238/
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/facebook-cryptocurrency-calibra-privacy-implications-111522808.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.