Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kiannaT

Suspended
Nov 13, 2016
If I can return or exchange within 14 days period will definitely try until get one. Never stuck myself in a deadlock situation and regret later. :)

nickelro

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2013
Yes indeed had eeeee in recording. mine no eeeeee. I believe more iPhone without eeeeee especially newer edition. As I said before if this not bothering you will be not an accused, but somehow future recording quite environment might haunt you again. Btw mostly of us will keep this phone around 2 year so might not a big issue only you felt really want to get what you pay for. Thx
I upgrade every year anyway so I'll settle with my current one this time; I'd take the 'eeee' as a win over the other problems (especially the one with uneven display tint from left to right or that annoying creaking when you gently twist the phone - my first wk40 unit had both of these).
[doublepost=1481228579][/doublepost]
However I'm returning my iPhone. That noise is really bothering for me
good luck playing the 'lottery' and beware - there are lots of dudes out there... just my 2 cents.
[doublepost=1481228901][/doublepost]
can you upload this same video recorded in 4K?

Last edited:

nickelro

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2013
your phone bad. got combination of EE sound and static sound on background. now i'm felt better with my iphone.
The static you heard was picked up from outside - a regular day in a crowded city; regarding the ee sound, I'm fine with that so let it be. On other note, if I am to look over your iPhone wanna bet I will find something that's not right? :)

Last edited:

donaldcavani

Suspended
Dec 8, 2016
The static you heard was picked up from outside - a regular day in a crowded city; regarding the ee sound, I'm fine with that so let it be. On other note, if I am to look over your iPhone wanna bet I will find something that's not right? :)

Is not. The biss n hiss is on background recording. My phone got small Ee but your got BIG Ee + biss hiss static. LoL

kiannaT

Suspended
Nov 13, 2016
I upgrade every year anyway so I'll settle with my current one this time; I'd take the 'eeee' as a win over the other problems (especially the one with uneven display tint from left to right or that annoying creaking when you gently twist the phone - my first wk40 unit had both of these).
[doublepost=1481228579][/doublepost]
good luck playing the 'lottery' and beware - there are lots of dudes out there... just my 2 cents.
[doublepost=1481228901][/doublepost]
can you upload this same video recorded in 4K?

Wildo6882

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Illinois
These last few videos have sounded perfectly fine to me. Just listen to the crap I had on the two I got from AT&T. The screeching was insane. Completely ruined the videos.

nickelro

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2013
Thanks! On this video I can hear (using headphones) only some random ticks on the background, and almost zero high pitched 'eeee'. So we have to conclude by now that all 7 / 7+ videos are prone by at least one of these two issues to some extent (if not both issues overlapped).
[doublepost=1481271902][/doublepost]
These last few videos have sounded perfectly fine to me. Just listen to the crap I had on the two I got from AT&T. The screeching was insane. Completely ruined the videos.
The vids in cause are ruined by that screeching sound in their debut, I'll give you that.

Last edited:
Reactions: kiannaT

crawltochina

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2015
I had one "eeeee"-free 7 Plus which unfortunately was gold. I couldn't get used to that color. I am now on my 5th black 7 Plus and all of them had the "eeeee" in slightly different intensity. Awaiting my 6th 7 Plus next week. I know there are good ones because I had one. So I will do one last exchange.

Last edited by a moderator:

-Shock-

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2007
Just wanted to jump in and share some data from phones I have access to:

Noise level, in order of highest to lowest- this refers to the coil-whine like sound you can hear coming from the back of the phone, during processor intensive tasks- high pitched whine/squeal, grinding, morse code type sounds:

Wife's iphone 7 plus (release day)- can hear in a quiet room 10 inches from ear
Iphone 7 jet black (early October) - moderately quieter, still clearly present
Iphone 5s (who knows how old) - slight noise when pressed to ear
Iphone 6s and Iphone 7 plus (late November)- have to press to ear, barely any noise, but it's still there
Iphone 6 plus, Galaxy s7 flat, Galaxy s7 edge (silent)

Will also add that my 7 plus (late November) has a markedly cooler (but not as cold and inaccurate as iphone 6s) screen.
Wife's 7 plus and jet black 7 both have slightly warmer screens, but I wouldn't call them piss yellow or "defective".

ShadowYYZ

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2016
Tulsa Oklahoma
-_- my girlfriend got one from bestbuy yesterday and we exchanging today. The phone makes weird noises on the back and is picked up on video as similar to these. Don't know what week is it didn't check. The screen is less brighter than mine so let's hope nothing else -_

ShadowYYZ

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2016
Tulsa Oklahoma
I think this better then eeeee. Exchange later get combination like what NICKELRO phone more worse.

So came back from Best Buy got another new one out the box 10.1.1 and -.- it makes a little hard drive noise BUT no white noise so I guess we keeping this one :/ we got a 250$ gift card tho! From a promo! So got to say we happy wit that

Reactions: Faust_One

deadlystriker

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2011
Just got a week 49. Extremely loud hissing / coil whine / buzzing in all the videos I took to test. Sounds like when you're at the beach and hear the waves on the shore.

It's going back tomorrow. Can't believe this issue still exists.. I had gotten one and launch day with the same issue and exchanged it twice but still no avail and finally returned the unit. Told myself I'll wait a month for them to iron out the bugs. It's been more than 2 months since then and still the coil whine persists.

So disappointed, don't know what to think anymore. This has to be the worst iPhone experience I had, and I've owned iPhones since the original in 2007.

Guess I'll have to hang on to my 6 plus and skip this generation. 256GB really appeals to me but what's the point if all the videos I take are ruined.

Reactions: NVD

crawltochina

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2015
I have an advice which i almost forgot to tell you about:

A while ago i noticed that the buzzing in recorded video was not always on the same volume level. I then discovered that there was a connection between what case i was using.

I have a Spigen case which has the camera and microphone holes narrowly cut out with no space around the cam and the microphone left. With this case the buzzing/whining on the video is terrible. With no case or the apple leather case which have big cut outs round the camera an mic the buzzing/whinig on the recordings is WAY BETTER and only reduced on the low "eeeeeee".

I suggest to only use cases which have a more or less big cutout on the back like the Apple Cases.

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
Not sure if this has been mentioned but does anybody hear the ticking and eeeeeeee hissing sounds through the earpiece when making calls? I don't make too many calls and I just started noticing it though when I do. Pretty annoying! My 6 didn't do this and LTE calls were really clear but with my 7 I hear the whine and clicking and eeeeee.

Faust_One

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2016
Italy
Just got a week 49. Extremely loud hissing / coil whine / buzzing in all the videos I took to test. Sounds like when you're at the beach and hear the waves on the shore.

It's going back tomorrow. Can't believe this issue still exists.. I had gotten one and launch day with the same issue and exchanged it twice but still no avail and finally returned the unit. Told myself I'll wait a month for them to iron out the bugs. It's been more than 2 months since then and still the coil whine persists.

So disappointed, don't know what to think anymore. This has to be the worst iPhone experience I had, and I've owned iPhones since the original in 2007.

Guess I'll have to hang on to my 6 plus and skip this generation. 256GB really appeals to me but what's the point if all the videos I take are ruined.

This is insane! This time Apple is failing...I've just ordered a new iPhone 7 Plus, my 5th. I presume will be week 50. I hope this time I'll be luckier

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.