Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wildo6882

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Illinois
Of course, here it is:

As I said, it is week 48 and my 5th 7 Plus. Most had loud "eeeee", one had it only very subtle. But this one finally has no "eeeee" at all. Happy now.

That sounds awesome. I'm really hopeful when I pick mine up tomorrow that it'll sound like this. My previous two have been TERRIBLE.

NVD

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2011
Scotland, Glasgow
I returned my Black iPhone 7 Plus because of this issue almost 2 weeks ago.
Today, I got another one - Silver this time. It seems I got another week 48 one. I've uploaded a video so you guys can help me determine how bad this one is, haha...

(my previous post:)
I just got an iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Black today.
Checking the manufacture date, it says week 48!

This is really quite bad... right? :(

MX19

Suspended
Dec 23, 2016
I returned my Black iPhone 7 Plus because of this issue almost 2 weeks ago.
Today, I got another one - Silver this time. It seems I got another week 48 one. I've uploaded a video so you guys can help me determine how bad this one is, haha...

(my previous post:)
Your's was nothing compare to this.

Sha58

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2017
I have the exact same issue! same model too, iPhone 7 plus, 128GB Black!

I will go to the store soon see what they have to say.

I hear it from the front speaker too /:
Me too I got my jet black iphone 7 plus right before Christmas and it does that too. I wish I would have had it sent back, but I fell in love with it. Then I deep scratch on the screen happened and shouldn't have happened so easily. Very soft screens so be careful and get a cover for it first. I didn't get a chance.

Faust_One

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2016
Italy
Today my 7th iPhone 7 Plus arrived and has the same issue! This time, I'll permanently return it and goodbye to the next 2017 iPhone

Last edited:

mikezmac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2014
NH
My new iPhone 7 Plus (128GB, Black) has an odd buzzing / static sound coming from it. Specifically, if I put my ear up to the back of the phone where the apple logo is, I can hear the battery or processor or something “working”… note the sound file attached.

At0m1cPunk

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2010
My launch Verizon matte black 7 plus had the noise coming from the back and was audible in video recordings. I received a replacement shortly after launch, only to have the same thing. A co-worker had the gloss black AT&T 7 plus that didn't have any noise. So, I lived with this until I recently picked up the new Red Verizon 7 Plus and I hear noting from the back. Seems like they resolved this issue. I don't know if it is coincidence, but the new phone feels more responsive than my original 7 plus and I always seemed to have issues with raise to wake on my old one, but the new one is working flawlessly. I was always one to get the iPhone on launch day, but now I am starting to think it may be better to wait. I may wait out this years release until they work out any issues.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
My launch Verizon matte black 7 plus had the noise coming from the back and was audible in video recordings. I received a replacement shortly after launch, only to have the same thing. A co-worker had the gloss black AT&T 7 plus that didn't have any noise. So, I lived with this until I recently picked up the new Red Verizon 7 Plus and I hear noting from the back. Seems like they resolved this issue. I don't know if it is coincidence, but the new phone feels more responsive than my original 7 plus and I always seemed to have issues with raise to wake on my old one, but the new one is working flawlessly. I was always one to get the iPhone on launch day, but now I am starting to think it may be better to wait. I may wait out this years release until they work out any issues.

Yes, the red color paint makes it snappier and corrects the raise to wake issue:D
BTW my Matte black release date i7 plus doesn't have neither of those issues.

Reactions: determined09

At0m1cPunk

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2010
Yes, the red color paint makes it snappier and corrects the raise to wake issue:D
BTW my Matte black release date i7 plus doesn't have neither of those issues.
Hmmm, I never thought the "red paint" or to be correct the red anodized finish would make the phone snappy and eliminate the buzzing/static. Who knew. I thought maybe something internally was tweaked/changed/corrected, but I guess I was wrong. Maybe the red anodized finish acts as an insulator to block any internal sounds from reaching the outside. Maybe they included some metal flakes to help with antenna transmission to make wifi, bluetooth and cellular connections run faster. Wow!

Reactions: Applejuiced

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
Hmmm, I never thought the "red paint" or to be correct the red anodized finish would make the phone snappy and eliminate the buzzing/static. Who knew. I thought maybe something internally was tweaked/changed/corrected, but I guess I was wrong. Maybe the red anodized finish acts as an insulator to block any internal sounds from reaching the outside. Maybe they included some metal flakes to help with antenna transmission to make wifi, bluetooth and cellular connections run faster. Wow!
I think Apple knew Bout it and just fixed it. I don't think it has anything to do with colors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.