Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Devyn89

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2012
I expect they did and are banking on customers liking their product well enough to keep it.

Stores in Canada were (maybe still are?) operating on an express storefront model which means people cannot go in to see the product, they can only pick it up at the front of the store. I’ve picked up a few things and every time the sales person, without me asking, has said if this doesn’t meet your needs, or you want to change colour or storage or anything take advantage of our return policy. Apple encourages people to take advantage of the return policy. I’m guessing many of the returned products they use for AppleCare+ replacement devices (no idea if that’s true but it would make sense to me).

Reactions: dukee101

skaertus

macrumors 601
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil
I expect they did and are banking on customers liking their product well enough to keep it.
A 14-day return policy is a blessing.

Here in Brazil we have no such thing. By law, customers can return products within a 7-day period only if they buy online. And still, many stores will not accept the product back even during this period if the box is not sealed. Whenever I have to return something, stores make it a very difficult task, even though they are required by law to accept it back.

This is one of the reasons why I research products extensively before buying, sometimes for days or weeks. Especially with more expensive products, I never buy on impulse.

If I had a guaranteed 14-day return policy here in Brazil, I would certainly buy far more products than I do. I suppose it helps the businesses as many people feel encouraged to simply buy the product to test and end up keeping it.

jsmith1

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2010
I've had a 2018 iPad Pro 11" for a few years now and loved it. I'm a heavy Mac user but the iPad has its place for me, despite all the shortcomings of iPadOS.

I use it mainly as my "meeting computer", keeping my M1 MBP docked on my desk while I go back and forth to meetings throughout the day, taking notes and so forth. It's also a great device for casual computing: editing photos, reading books, light web surfing, watching content, etc. It's hard to describe but it just has its place in my computing life.

I sprung for a 2021 iPad Pro 11" on release day, not sure if I'd want to keep it, but wanted to give myself the option to decide.

The question for me is, given that this is an expensive device that is not my primary computer, am I justified in keeping it? Is my 2018 iPad Pro "good enough"? Do I really need an M1-powered iPad Pro?

Bear in mind that my 2018 and now 2021 iPads are Wi-Fi only (I can easily hotspot), so the cellular use-case is not something to consider in this decision. Also keep in mind that my 2018 and now 2021 iPads have 256GB of storage. All told, they are expensive devices for what they do for me, but also definitely not the most heavily-spec'd iPads you can buy that really break the bank.
Of course you didn’t need it...it’s a side piece and you had one that was fine. You wasted your money, especially on one that has a hardware security flaw that can’t be fixed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.