Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trevpimp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
Inside A Mac Box
Blue Titanium iPhone 15 Pro Max 256GB

I went to the Apple Store and I always wanted a midnight iPhone or similar so I went ahead and got one 2 weeks ago

Usually keep my phone running for a minimum 3 years before I get a new one

Reactions: danb1979

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
Blue Titanium iPhone 15 Pro Max 256GB

I went to the Apple Store and I always wanted a midnight iPhone or similar so I went ahead and got one 2 weeks ago

Usually keep my phone running for a minimum 3 years before I get a new one

How’s the battery life been going for you?

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
15 Pro Max with 512GB in Black Titanium since launch (I'm sure I've already posted in here) but have just bought an iPhone 15 Plus with 128GB in Blue for my gf. She has an old crappy slow Samsung A50 but she is still happy with it but it keeps having network issues and it's god awful slow to do the most basic things. She's had it over 4 years now so she's getting the iPhone 15 Plus. Also got screen protectors and a case. Will buy Apple Care because she's too clumsy :)

I was going to get the normal 15 but the screen size would be slightly smaller so that's why I went with the Plus. This is her first iPhone too btw.

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
You can't have both lines go to one phone? You may want to look into replacing the battery instead of upgrading.
Of course many people who have a phone for work has the phone managed by the company. So it may not be possible. Or they don't want to risk getting personal stuff on a company phone.

Mr_Knightley

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2023
Essex
iPhone 14 in midnight, which, just over a year ago, replaced my iPhone 12 mini - that was perhaps the nicest iPhone I’ve had. Miss the mini.

Last edited:

JSRinUK

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2018
Greater London, UK
The battery on my SE2020 was suffering, so I grabbed a refurb 12 mini from Apple UK because I’m not yet ready for a bigger phone. Loving the extra screen space on the same size of phone.

Still kept my SE2020 as a backup phone, but it generally stays home now (ironically, so does my 12 mini when I go on a run, after recently upgrading to a Watch Ultra.)

shadowboi

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2024
Unknown
SE 3. Great camera, poor battery life, fast processor, good screen that gives me almost no headache unlike OLED models. Maybe will get 16 Pro or Plus as a second phone, especially if they will add matte screen option like in new iPads

Nic727

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2017
iPhone 8, but I consider changing this year for something better in term of photography. I wasn't able to photograph the northern light last night because my iPhone doesn't have night mode. Good thing I also have a professional camera to photograph instead. But yeah, I would love the offline Apple Maps too because routing is better than Organic Maps which make you go in random roads sometime.

Just waiting for the next mini iPhone or I will end up with an open box iPhone 13 mini.

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
having set up the iPhone 15 Plus i have to say i'm impressed with it. Kinda wondering if I should've just got a black 15 Plus for myself. If the Plus exists in a few years I'll probably get that instead of a Pro Max again.

The only thing I really noticed was the lower refresh rate screen. I'd probably miss that most but hopefully Apple bring 120Hz to the standard phones soon.

Reactions: James6s

Marty80

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2015
Melbourne
Still using a iPhone 12 Pro Max here & very happy in spite of my battery nearing replacement, and possible screen ghosting in hot humid days.

Even though I have been tempted, I have no interest in updating till the 18 pro max ditches the Face ID camera sensor, and will update again when the iPhone goes full screen. Like others here my 12 pro max still works great and is still supported.

The reason I am not in hurry to update is because of the Dynamic Island, it gets in the way when watching films and shows. Users were whining about the notch, but the island is very hideous and sticks out like a sore thumb.

Also like the MacBook Pro Touch Bar it has not been fully utilised by app developers, I now see it as a pointless diversion to the notch.

Last edited:

HFH22

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2024
The 12 Mini, but the battery is dying so I might switch to a 15 Pro Max. The telephoto lens plus USB C would let me sell my magnifiers. I might also sell my e-readers since I find I only read on my phone.

aurora_sect

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2022
14 Pro since 9/22. I like it a lot except that it is my last device with Lightning, and it is bugging me more since I got a new iPad. I have only been upgrading about every four versions but might trade this one in when the 16s come out just to get USB-C.

Macbudinc

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2023
Not a big phone fanatic so ive had iphone 8+ since 22 upgrading from 5s. Using tracfone 1year $200 plan of 24 gig data for year with unlimited talk/text, it does me just fine for everything. Been looking a tracfone latest offerings they have iphone 11,64gigs and 12,64gigs for $149 and $249 and iphone 12mini 64gig for $449. Will wait till summer to see what other phones they will be getting. for the iphones 10 thru 15 which have been the best reviewed as to quality and performance as the best or worry free?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.