Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
Of course many people who have a phone for work has the phone managed by the company. So it may not be possible. Or they don't want to risk getting personal stuff on a company phone.
Unless you own the company, why would some people use the company-provided phone for their personal use? I don't get it...

Can they not save up or get a phone to be paid monthly?

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2015
UK
iPhone 11 - 128GB - Black - iOS 16.7.2

Would love to upgrade but I cannot use Apple's OLED. Not upgrading to iOS 17 as temporal dithering has been reported as greatly increased on LCD devices.

Reactions: Chuckles55

ryguyMN

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2023
XS. On its second battery, and capacity is nearing 80%. Planing on investing in a new phone rather than battery once the 16 is released as iOS 17 will more than likely be the last major OS update for the XS. Probably will get the “Pro” flavor. Assuming I should see benefit in leaping a half decade in technology.

Reactions: xxFoxtail

xxFoxtail

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2015
NY
14 Pro. I might need a new battery soon, but there's not really any reason for me to upgrade it for the next year or so.

gogikr

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2021
15 Pro, coming from 12 mini is a big jump and i will hold it for a couple of years :)

jdoyle

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2004
11 Pro Max 256GB. It's a workhorse of a phone. Never had a single issue with it. Battery life is still all day for me. Cameras still good. Still runs latest iOS well. I haven't seen anything in the years since to make me need an upgrade. The Pro phones have gotten heavier and thicker up until last year which was very off-putting for me. 11 Pro Max is as heavy as I want my phone to be. I quote like the lightness of the Plus models but dual camera seems like a step back for me. I'll be interested in this year's models and what they offer but not upgrading until this breaks.

Reactions: decafjava
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.