Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ocgirl

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
France
They sent me the one with the wrong keyboard. Shipped it back. My replacement is now showing processing items. Back to the good old Status lol.
Well even if I kept it till the new one arrives I can't really do much with it. No point in migriting all my data and have to erase everything when I need to ship it back.
I meant keep it for good, but if there's a big difference in keyboard letters I can understand it will be a pain. You should be given priority though, so normally it won't take too long.

Reactions: Jckan

PineAppleMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
@Jckan Sorry for hearing that :(

Right now I am writing from my new MBP. It's simply a beautiful machine. :)

Hopefully, don't see any hardware issues and defects that unfortunately some users experienced. Starting to set it up and the first thing I will need to get used to - is the keyboard. The travel distance is very low, but it feels very nice and quick.

Immediately checked the widely spread "wobbly" touchID. Indeed, since it is a button - it's definitely not fixed into place.

The screen is bright and gorgeous and can't wait to take it to work tomorrow. Long night upon me to set everything up as I wish. I am really interested how is the battery life, since I am using it from 1hour

That's my first initial impressions of my new baby :p

How the time passes by, I will write much more in a comprehensive review.

Until now, hopefully you will all get your new MBP's soon. Be patient - it's really worth it ;)

Thanks for almost month of discussions in this thread, and hope to see you soon in the owners thread!

Cheers! :)

daodeo

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2016
Worldwide
I agree, it is a beautiful machine.

What I've noticed is that it does not get very hot with an average load (surfing/spotify/office). But even more interesting: if CPU temperature is below 40C - fans switch off! Furthermore, fans do not have a pre-determined "cruise speed" (my previous mac's fan was constantly at 2000rpm).

symphara

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2013
When I ordered my 15" I had a similar delivery window (29th Dec - 4th Jan) in Switzerland, however my MacBook was shipped earlier on the 19th, Apple listed the 23rd as delivery date but it was delivered yesterday the 21st.

It's the maxed out 15" with the exception of the SSD, which is only 512Gb.

covertsurfer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2007
In Transit to Customer- Shipment on Schedule - Est 30th December

Chances it will arrive tomorrow or Saturday? :)

Scott G.

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2016
Amsterdam, NY
Just curious. How long after they took the money from your account did it ship? The cash was taken out today for mine, still showing processing item tho. I passed the order on Dec. 15th with a delivery estimate of the 28th-4th.

Clint_Barton

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2016
Just curious. How long after they took the money from your account did it ship? The cash was taken out today for mine, still showing processing item tho. I passed the order on Dec. 15th with a delivery estimate of the 28th-4th.
I think they charged me on the 13th and it went to preparing for shipment on the 15th

Reactions: Scott G.

covertsurfer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2007
Arse!

Status In Transit to Customer - Shipment Delayed 23 December 2016
Est. Delivery 30 December 2016

Interesting the estimated delivery date hasnt changed

Agmnu

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2016
Got mine! Ordered 7th Dec. 13" TB 3.1/16GB/512GB USA

It is awesome. Everything is working smoothly. I think I would need to work on it for a week to have an idea about the battery life (I absolutely love this keyboard. It is interesting how polarizing the views are about this).

One thing that is bugging me, the backlit keyboard is not uniformly lighted...is that for everyone?

It is not really a complaint. It does not affect productivity. I can still see the keys. Just wondering.

Reactions: ocgirl

TC1989

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2016
I've been promoted from the 30 Dec - 10 Jan thread to this one, my order went shipping to store, with a new arrival date of Jan 4! I suspect it will actually be here before end of Dec.

Reactions: ocgirl

marka351

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2015
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
Well my 15 inch Macbook Pro that was supposed to arrive on the 28th arrived early. Normally this would be a good thing but I did not like the fact that when I got home I saw this package sitting by my doorstep. Something about just leaving an over $3000.00 (Canadian) package insecure with nobody signing for it and outside exposed to the elements (it was about -10 degrees) doesn't impress me.

ocgirl

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
France
Well my 15 inch Macbook Pro that was supposed to arrive on the 28th arrived early. Normally this would be a good thing but I did not like the fact that when I got home I saw this package sitting by my doorstep. Something about just leaving an over $3000.00 (Canadian) package insecure with nobody signing for it and outside exposed to the elements (it was about -10 degrees) doesn't impress me.
Who was your carrier ? That is unacceptable IMO ... I'd have been pissed too, even more that these are supposed to be delivered against signature. The delivery guy probably doesn't know the parcel's value, and hasn't been correctly informed.

kellen

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2006
Seattle, WA
Ordered first week of December, 13" base processor with 16GB ram, 512 HD. Delivered 17th to store. Original date was Dec 29-Jan3

tbobmccoy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2007
Austin, TX
Ordered my new MacBook Pro 15", 2.7ghz, 512GB, Radeon 460. Looking forward to picking it up on the 30th now as they promised me January 16th, but pushed it forward!

Phoenix6304

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2016
Looks like DHL Express and/ or Customs in Amsterdam is closed.

02 Dec - Ordered 13" MBP TB 512 GB SSD, 8 GB RAM

20 Dec - Preparing for Shipment (5 pm)

21 Dec - Shipped (5 pm)

22 Dec - In transit to customer – shipment on schedule (all day) -> Shanghai Airport

23 Dec - Shipment dispatched (5.30 am-11 pm) -> Cargo Flight to AMS

23 Dec - In transit to customer – shipment on schedule (since 11 pm) -> Amsterdam Airport
24 Dec - In transit to customer – shipment on schedule
25 Dec - In transit to customer – shipment on schedule

TC1989

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2016
I collected mine yesterday from my local store a week earlier than the estimated date. It's replaced a near decade old HP laptop running windows vista - the difference is night and day! :-D

TopToffee

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
So by and large, are people getting their machines ahead of the estimated ship dates?

I bought a top of the line non-BTO machine at the end of November, and just returned it today for gift cards, and have placed an order for one with the 460 and 1TB upgrades (along with 27" LG display)

Current estimated date is 20th-27th Jan (17th-30th for the monitor), and the wait is going to kill me having sampled (and gotten used to!) the machine already.

covertsurfer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2007
"We've incorrectly sorted the package at our facility. This may cause at least one business day delay."

Damn it...

Kjung7

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2013
Ordered: 27th December
Expected delivery date: 11th Jan - 18th Jan
Configuration: 13" MBP Touch Bar, Space Gray, 2.9GHz i5, 512GB SSD, 16Gb RAM, US Keyboard
Shipment: Went into PFS the day after I ordered, now estimated for Jan 4th

ocgirl

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
France
Wow that was fast !
I really think US keyboard are doing the trick and are more readily available. You should receive it soon :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.