Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

viktor121

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2016
Ordered 2nd December, Preparing for Shipment today! (17 December)
Available in store 4th Jan still (hopefully it'll come earlier!)

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
and today it was processed in Amsterdam. DHL says ETD is 19th of Dec, Monday. Would be a nice start of the week.
Wait. So your original delivery was the 21st then updated to the 19 recently? Or was it always the 19

imbadwithusernames

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2016
Spain
Mine's arriving Monday

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-17 at 16.30.17.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-17 at 16.30.17.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 159

Jckan

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2016
Dubai
And it was too good to be true...

My order is preparing for dispatch and hasn't been shipped yet and apple just call me to ask me to send the package back when I get it! Looool
They made a mistake in the keyboard layout and they just found out when It was being readied for shippement!
As it's too late to cancel the order I need to get it first and send it back.
Wow Apple!

Replacement it is... delivery window extended ...

Merry xmas to me!

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
And it was too good to be true...

My order is preparing for dispatch and hasn't been shipped yet and apple just call me to ask me to send the package back when I get it! Looool
They made a mistake in the keyboard layout and they just found out when It was being readied for shippement!
As it's too late to cancel the order I need to get it first and send it back.
Wow Apple!

Replacement it is... delivery window extended ...

Merry xmas to me!

What BS - if they know they messed up and the package has not physically left their possession, they should be able to stop it. It should all be on them to be inconvenienced, not you. And they should be immediately sending out the fixed one asap. I hope they aren't waiting for the wrong one back first.

Jckan

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2016
Dubai
What BS - if they know they messed up and the package has not physically left their possession, they should be able to stop it. It should all be on them to be inconvenienced, not you. And they should be immediately sending out the fixed one asap. I hope they aren't waiting for the wrong one back first.
First of she started out telling me that my current order is facing an issue. Kinda knew it because it went P4S on Friday and nothing happened since... She was like it's the weekend so nothing is being shipped out of our factory.(another member had his MBP shipped on the Saturday btw) then she was like we messed up you order so you'll need to send it back to us and once we receive it we will proceed with the replacement. I was speechless...
So yeah they need the wrong one first before sending me the new one, knowing that the wrong one hasn't left their factory yet.
Nothing they can do when the order goes preparing for shipment

PineAppleMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
Strange things are going on. My funds are back on my card. I guess Apple doesn't want my money, even though my order is shipped. Any thoughts?

PineAppleMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
Free MBP? Jk, but this is odd af, if mine has any kind of flaw I'll be pissed off af.
However, this is the first time I've hear this happen.

Hahaha me too. I was surprised to see my money back on my account today. However if something is wrong I will be really mad.

Hope our macs will be in untouched condition, without any flaws.

viktor121

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2016
I hope your guys macs in perfect condition!

Mine went for preparing for shipping Friday night and now it's stuck on preparing for dispatch since yesterday :(

Any thoughts on how long the BTO take to be delivered after they're shipped?

I'm so impatient so I can't imagine how you must feel having to send yours back due to a mistake on their part!

ocgirl

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
France
I hope your guys macs in perfect condition!

Mine went for preparing for shipping Friday night and now it's stuck on preparing for dispatch since yesterday :(

Any thoughts on how long the BTO take to be delivered after they're shipped?

I'm so impatient so I can't imagine how you must feel having to send yours back due to a mistake on their part!

Yours has already been shipped ? Went on P4S on between Friday and Saturday night but still nothing since then ... :(

viktor121

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2016
Yours has already been shipped ? Went on P4S on between Friday and Saturday night but still nothing since then ... :(
Nope hasn't shipped yet! :(

Mine was the same went P4S between Fri and Sat and then Saturday evening it went to Preparing for Dispatch, and it's been stuck on that since, hopefully ours will ship today! What one did you order and whats your estimate and location? :)

Jckan

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2016
Dubai
hey @ocgirl @viktor121

My order went P4S on friday too and its still the same status. My case is a bit different that yours as I will have to send it back.

I had CC on the phone this morning and I am expecting a call back from a manager anytime soon. Ill ask them why our orders is still stuck at P4S and I will let you guys know!

ocgirl

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
France
Nope hasn't shipped yet! :(

Mine was the same went P4S between Fri and Sat and then Saturday evening it went to Preparing for Dispatch, and it's been stuck on that since, hopefully ours will ship today! What one did you order and whats your estimate and location? :)
I ordered 13" silver 2.9/512/16/AZERTY on 02-Dec, it will be delivered to my home (France) and not in store. What about you?
I think ready for dispatch means it has been shipped to the apple store and is on its way, no? In that case you don't get a DHL/tracking number.

Jckan

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2016
Dubai
@Jckan - thanks so much!
Yeah no worries buddy.

I already called them yesterday and the lady on the phone told me that they faced a problem with my MBP during the process. She could not say what happened. I hope it is something to do with their logistic and nothing to do with the hardware during testing.

ocgirl

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
France
Yeah no worries buddy.

I already called them yesterday and the lady on the phone told me that they faced a problem with my MBP during the process. She could not say what happened. I hope it is something to do with their logistic and nothing to do with the hardware during testing.
Dang, that's not cool what is happening to you. In case they send you a wrong one that has more specs than what you ordered you should really negociate to keep that one. It's not faire to ask you to ship it back before processing the new one. Maybe try to talk with a manager or somebody more understanding ?

Agmnu

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2016
Ordered 7th Dec 13" TB 3.1/16/512
CC charged 18th Dec
P4S - 20mins after CC was charged :D
Estimated delivery window is still 29th Dec to 5th Jan. How cool would it if it ships before Christmas.....

Jckan

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2016
Dubai
Well guys just got a text message from DHL with shippiment info but no email and status still in P4S

The manager hasn't called yet

ocgirl

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
France
Well guys just got a text message from DHL with shippiment info but no email and status still in P4S

The manager hasn't called yet
Maybe because they are still preparing the correct one, and the DHL sent is for the wrong MBP that is in transit ??

viktor121

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2016
I ordered 13" silver 2.9/512/16/AZERTY on 02-Dec, it will be delivered to my home (France) and not in store. What about you?
I think ready for dispatch means it has been shipped to the apple store and is on its way, no? In that case you don't get a DHL/tracking number.

Preparing for dispatch was still preparing, it's now "shipping to store"! And it's available 29 Dec (previously 4th Jan) ☺ still taking forever though! Any updates on your end?

Reactions: ocgirl

Jckan

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2016
Dubai
Maybe because they are still preparing the correct one, and the DHL sent is for the wrong MBP that is in transit ??

When I called this morning the lady wasn't even sure if they are sending me the correct one. That's why I'm expecting a call back from a higher manager because they can't still figure out if my request to change the keyboard has been processed.

But that's what I got 10 min ago

Attachments

• IMG_7780.PNG
    IMG_7780.PNG
    443.6 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_7779.JPG
    IMG_7779.JPG
    321.5 KB · Views: 147
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.