Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ocgirl

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
France
Ordered 14/11

13" TouchBar Macbook Pro 2.9GHz i5, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD.

Pick up in store on 29/12, with absolutely no movement on my order as of yet...

It sort of bums me out to see that people who ordered 2 weeks after me are getting their MBP within the same window, or maybe even earlier :(

Which color did you pick ? and which country ? I ordered the same one (silver) with expected delivery 28/12 - 03/01 but you will probably get yours quicker. I think the transit time is fairly quick so maybe tomorrow you get some good news.
Is it still processing ?

knassar

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2015
the Cloud
Which color did you pick ? and which country ? I ordered the same one (silver) with expected delivery 28/12 - 03/01 but you will probably get yours quicker. I think the transit time is fairly quick so maybe tomorrow you get some good news.
Is it still processing ?

I ordered Space Gray, shipping to Lyon :) yep, the order is still processing, there's been absolutely no movement since I placed it.

Have you gotten yours? Hope you're enjoying it!

ocgirl

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
France
I ordered Space Gray, shipping to Lyon :) yep, the order is still processing, there's been absolutely no movement since I placed it.

Have you gotten yours? Hope you're enjoying it!

Nope , not yet. I ordered only on 02/12 because I wanted to check them out in stores (keyboard, color, touchbar) first before shelling out 2.5 K ...
I'm trying to see if my local store receives some but they only seem to have stock ones ... it is really stupid, they should have made 512 SSD / 16 GB RAM a stock one (instead of 512 SSD / 8 GB). :(
[doublepost=1481109791][/doublepost]By the way, has your credit card been charged ??

Raptura

Suspended
Sep 6, 2008
Toronto, Canada / London, UK
By the way, has your credit card been charged ??

I ordered on Sunday, Nov 20. I had a hold on my card for the Apple Care immediately, then it cleared a few days later. I had another authorization hold last Monday and it cleared again and then once more yesterday. 3 times I've had a hold for the Apple Care price, but nothing yet for the full price of the order. Odd.

Furzul

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2013
Derbyshire, England
Ordered on the 13 November. Just had a hold put on my CC for the AppleCare price (this is the third time they have done this).
Nothing yet for the MBP though.

Raptura

Suspended
Sep 6, 2008
Ordered on the 13 November. Just had a hold put on my CC for the AppleCare price (this is the third time they have done this).
Hmm, okay. So this is happening to others as well. Found it odd, as I mentioned in the post right before yours, that they're putting holds for the Apple Care but nothing else.

Last edited:

Furzul

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2013
Derbyshire, England
Hmm, okay. So this is happening to others as well. Found it out, as I mentioned in the post right before yours, that they're putting holds for the Apple Care but nothing else.

Yes. But the AppleCare usually comes before the MBP, all you get now is an email as proof of coverage you do not get anything " physical ", but they can not send the AppleCare until they have a serial number. So when you get the AppleCare email you know that the MBP is not far behind.

Raptura

Suspended
Sep 6, 2008
Yes. But the AppleCare usually comes before the MBP, all you get now is an email as proof of coverage you do not get anything " physical ", but they can not send the AppleCare until they have a serial number. So when you get the AppleCare email you know that the MBP is not far behind.

Ah, I see. Well, hopefully we both get an email in regards to the Apple Care soon. You're a week ahead of me though.

knassar

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2015
the Cloud
Nope , not yet. I ordered only on 02/12 because I wanted to check them out in stores (keyboard, color, touchbar) first before shelling out 2.5 K ...
I'm trying to see if my local store receives some but they only seem to have stock ones ... it is really stupid, they should have made 512 SSD / 16 GB RAM a stock one (instead of 512 SSD / 8 GB). :(
[doublepost=1481109791][/doublepost]By the way, has your credit card been charged ??

I see, that's generally a good move. I wasn't able to resist the temptation of buying, so i ordered the minute i was able to haha. I'm also ordering a pretty atypical configuration (international English keyboard), so it might be an additional cause for the delay, since the Apple stores here never stock any qwerty keyboards.

No charges on my CC yet, I'd start getting seriously excited if I saw some movement on my bank account, but nothing so far.

Doublestrike

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
Berlin, Germany
Ordered: Nov 29th
Expected delivery date: 28th Dec - 30th Dec
Configuration: 15" MBP Touch Bar, Space Gray, 2.9GHz, Radeon 460, 1TB SSD, EU Keyboard
Shipment: 2-3 weeks (down from 3-4 weeks when ordering)
To: Berlin

ocgirl

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
France

What do you mean by credit card hold ? Is it like charging the card ?
I ordered the AppleCare but it was cancelled because "not available in my country" so I will have to buy it in store :(

Furzul

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2013
Derbyshire, England
What do you mean by credit card hold ? Is it like charging the card ?
I ordered the AppleCare but it was cancelled because "not available in my country" so I will have to buy it in store :(

They put a hold on the money. They do not actually take the money at that time. It is just a way a checking that you have the available funds.
After a few days , if they do not take the money the hold will disappear from your pending payments.

ocgirl

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
France
I am so jealous :rolleyes:
My window 28th - 5th seems so far away :(
To be fair, Knasaar ordered two whole weeks before us so if we follow that same logic we could also be bumped up one week. I think Apple ETA estimates are on the pessimistic side, let's keep faith for at least a 2016 MBP arrival.

ZeDog

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2016
Germany
I ordered on the 14th of November, estimated delivery 19th - 28th December... no changes yet :(

PineAppleMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
To be fair, Knasaar ordered two whole weeks before us so if we follow that same logic we could also be bumped up one week. I think Apple ETA estimates are on the pessimistic side, let's keep faith for at least a 2016 MBP arrival.

You think one week earlier from the beginning or the ending of the window?

olliedoogin

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2010
Ordered 20 nov

2,7 / 512 / 460 / 15"

Est. Delivery: 21 dec - 3 jan

Hi I ordered the exact same config as you but on November 11th. My shipping estimation is between December 20th and December 28th but it still says ships in 4-5 weeks. Has your shipping time as in weeks changed at all?
[doublepost=1481271749][/doublepost]2,7 / 512 / 460 / 15"

Est. Delivery: 20 Dec - 28 Dec

Still processing items and has said ships in 4-5 weeks since day 1 and hasn't changed.

Anybody else having this issue? Has everybody been charged?

knassar

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2015
the Cloud
Are any of you getting yours shipped directly to an Apple store? It seems like they have a more precise idea of when the package will reach the store.

This is what i did. Shipping direct to store, and since day 1 i had a precise expected delivery date, not a range of dates like most of you are citing. I'm thinking this may also be part of the reason why i'm seeing my machine delivered well before expected.

The downside is, even though it's been shipped, i don't have a tracking number :( so i can't constantly refresh my order page unfortunately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.