Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dannys1

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2007
UK
I can understand a small price increase due to inflation, but £100 is absolutely insane. Pure corporate greed.

John Lewis, Amazon etc etc have not changed their prices, so don't shop at the Apple UK website people!

Incorrect - it's not due to "inflation" (why does everyone who doesn't understand this think it's inflation) - the pound is down 20% against the dollar from when the items were launched, hence the exact price change. They're always priced against the USD.
I did the same when I saw the new Apple Pencil price. I also bought forward my iPad Air purchase when the Pound crashed four weeks ago because I guessed this was going to happen.

Indeed - and as a reseller i've been telling people to get their Mac orders in now because unless something drastic happens between now and the next release it WILL happen with the Macs too, where a 20% increase makes a much bigger difference.

Reactions: Queen6 and OllyW

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Revenue will be negatively affected by the price increases so just wait for the inevitable sales.

Revenue would be negatively affected if Apple didn’t adjust for currency.

The smart move for Apple was to adjust prices and not get hit with a double whammy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.