Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you use Apple Trade in again?

• Total voters

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
Yes. That is one of the reasons why I go to a physical Apple Store for a trade in vs sending it in through the ups/fed ex.
I am a bit under the weather so I want to be sure I am following correctly. If I go to an Apple store with my Mac, they can instantly tell me the value and do the trade right there and then. When you pay, do you pay full price then later receive a refund for the value of your original computer traded in or, do they charge you the cost of the new Mac minus the worth of your trade in Mac? I ask as I may do this but I would have to travel a fair distance to get to an Apple store.

Reactions: A.R.E.A.M.

ab22

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2020
When you pay, do you pay full price then later receive a refund for the value of your original computer traded in or, do they charge you the cost of the new Mac minus the worth of your trade in Mac?
The second one; although you can also apply trade-in value to a recent (14 days) purchase online or in-store. Helpful if say, you want to get home delivery, transfer data etc & later do the trade.

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
The second one; although you can also apply trade-in value to a recent (14 days) purchase online or in-store. Helpful if say, you want to get home delivery, transfer data etc & later do the trade.
Very good to know. Thanks and hope to make the long trip to the Apple store in the future.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
I just had the same thing happen with an iPad air. Didn't realize you could take it to the store (we even did store pick up of the new iPad mini and MacBook air we purchased! live and learn!) sent in a perfect iPad air (this thing was barely used as my husband hated the size what he wanted it for and was in a case on his desk!). I did forget to take the screen protector off. I was shocked when I got the email. I called and the CS rep looked at the photos and said she didn't see anything wrong and submitted to the warehouse to take off the screen protector and re-evaluate. within a couple hours I had an email saying investigation was complete and I'm getting my refund to my original payment.

Next time I'll take it to the store as advised by her and this thread!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.