Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ericwn

macrumors G5
Apr 24, 2016
I going threw warranty hell. Store 1 replacing iPad Pro 11 M1 because of a bad charging port. None in stock, send me to Store 2 to pick up one. I do the Swap at Store 2. Before I put a screen protector on, find scratches on screen OUT OF Box (didn't take the film off until I got home). The replacements are NEW and should not have scratches. For convenience, went to Store #3 because I was near it for business. They can't swap it out because system won't let them (probably because I had gotten a replacement from Store #2 the day before). Go back to Store #2, same thing...system wont let them swap without sending out to the Deport for evaluation. Now, we know AppleCare and cosmetic damage. However, this is a NEW in box iPad from their service inventory. Store #2 is giving me hell...saying "How do you know you didn't do this?" I am saying I was FORCED to get a "new" IPAD because you don't repair Ipads. If you did, I would have my Perfect screen that still probably has the glass screen protector on it.

Anyway, I call Apple Support and get to Senior Support. He says he is making an exception so the Store can swap it out. Store #2 closes before I can go back in. Store #4 (again, traveling around for work) is like Store #3, very helpful, but it running to the same system problems as the other stores. Guys are very helpful and explained that Apple phone support cannot reserve a swap using store inventory. Frustrated, I agree to allow them to send it off to the "Depot" for evaluation. Store #4 says that are putting information in the Notes but if the Depot won't swap the IPAD out, they should be able to do it when comes back because the hold on the account should be lifted. Phone Support guy calls me back and asks me to keep him updated. This is the WORST experience I have had with Apple.

Oh wow. Thanks much for sharing!

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
I‘m genuinely curious on how you guys use your iPads because I don‘t know what I did wrong. So please tell me how you use your iPad so I can do that from now on too.

‘I only mount my pencil for a brief time when I need to use it. That is seldom.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.