Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PowerPC G6

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2017
Whats the difference between this and LeopardRebirth? Why do we need 2 Sierra themes? LOL. The iCloud apps are a good idea though, it's like iCloud for PowerPC. :D

ApplesDotCom101

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2016
NSW, Australia
Whats the difference between this and LeopardRebirth? Why do we need 2 Sierra themes? LOL. The iCloud apps are a good idea though, it's like iCloud for PowerPC. :D

the themes by @gavinstubbs09 are better themes (in my opinion) and everyone knows he makes themes. LeopardRebrith is a (Buggy) Copy of his work. @SourceSunTom was Quite quiet and didn't post/PM the rest of the development team for a while. then he Posted a thread about "his" theme. so ya.

Edit: this is what i Think about what Happened

SourceSunTom

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2016
France
the themes by @gavinstubbs09 are better themes (in my opinion) and everyone knows he makes themes. LeopardRebrith is a (Buggy) Copy of his work. @SourceSunTom was Quite quiet and didn't post/PM the rest of the development team for a while. then he Posted a thread about "his" theme. so ya.

Wowwow! LeopardRebirth isn't a buggy copy of this work first, It has an installer, uses no third party apps to install it and has an GUI design...
This theme only modifies icons (with a candybar) And the dock (by dragging and dropping files), and LeopardRebirth does none of that.

And are you saying I had to post my work and give it to others, then have a rebranded theme of my own ?

Last edited:

jst333

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
michigan

Not sure what your talking about... but, The LeopardRebirth is Absolutely Awesome. And Thank You! to the 14 year old developer from France, that actually made this for us PPC users. Great work, Thank You!

Last edited:
Reactions: SourceSunTom

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2016

No, what really happened is that before Tom came out with his theme, the PPCArchive team was trying to make a theme. SST came in and showed us a lot of good stuff, and from what we all understood, SST would take over the theming and help the team on that part, while the rest worked on the Leopard Market which would have been a client version of the PPCArchive. The miscommunication, or lack of communication to be quite clear, was what caused the entire drama. Apparently SourceSunTom was never going to help the actual project, but do one completely on his own. This was never clearly stated, which is why the sudden release of his theme pack was a rather shocking occurrence because we blindly believed the efforts of the PPCArchive and SST combined would be the greatest theme release there would be, and the shock of a sudden release just when Gavin announced left many of us rather sour and wondering what really went on, especially me since I was rather close to the project and was absolutely rooting for the best. It felt quite like a kick in the face, but still, all of that is said and done by now, and you fanning the flames while being completely unaware of the actual situation helps really no one, to be bluntly honest with you.

SourceSunTom

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2016
France
Yes, rebranding others' work is a terrible thing to have happen, especially when that person puts up their rebranded work and asks for donations...
Wow, so I had to give all my work I did?
The theme is NOT a rebranded version of this thing, Just download all the resources from the forums page without using my ones and compare it with LeopardRebirth :) .
Do you see any thing close to mine apart from the original icons by Apple?

Last edited:

tibilon

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2016
For me, as a common user, it's not matter who created this theme. I just want to know if this thing is working without defects, that's easy to install and to uninstall. There is debate for around a month which is a draw in my opinion. Guy released first version of theme and you guys release your theme, even better for users. I just want to thank you all, no matter who you are for this, thank you again because you're making ppc community (which is very widespreaded i can see) alive and that's most important, trust me. So, I'm Tiger addicted and for my g4 mini I think the best thing is to keep it at 10.4. so i can't use this theme. I wish somebody will do some Tiger modern os theme. I have mbook with new os but g4 is way of life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.